What’s the furthest you’ve walked to see the Rangers

Texas ranger

I was back over on a summer trip years ago and was up at the in laws. The sun was splitting the sky. Asked the father in law if he wanted to go to Firhill for the game. Yip, he says, we can leave a bit earlier.

Take off about three hours before kickoff from Boydstone Road, Carnwadric. We start walking, past the first bus stop. We might as well walk till a bus shows up he said. I knew he was a big walker and it quickly dawned as bus after bus passed us of his intent. Six and a half miles later we made it to Firhill. He did cave in on the way back after a few pints in the town and agreed to take a taxi back.

One day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little walk. So I walked to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd walk to the end of the town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just walk across Greenbow County. And I figured, since I walked this far, maybe I'd just walk across the great state of Alabama. And that's what I did. I walked clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on goin'. I walked clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on goin'. When I got to another ocean, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on goin'. When I got tired, I slept. When I got hungry, I ate. When I had to go, you know, I went...

That’s all I have to say about that.

BruisedAlarmedBluefintuna-small.gif

One day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little walk. So I walked to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd walk to the end of the town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just walk across Greenbow County. And I figured, since I walked this far, maybe I'd just walk across the great state of Alabama. And that's what I did. I walked clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on goin'. I walked clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on goin'. When I got to another ocean, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on goin'. When I got tired, I slept. When I got hungry, I ate. When I had to go, you know, I went...

That’s all I have to say about that.

BruisedAlarmedBluefintuna-small.gif
Long trip that ,hell of a lot of walking in a country that spans different time zones:)) i do hope your kidding obviously

Anchor Mills area of Paisley to Ibrox on a roasting Saturday morning in 2001. Had pulled a bird at the Buroo in Paisley the night before and went back to hers.

Rather than get a train / subway or jump on a bus I decided to walk up to PRW to meet my mate. It took fucking ages, in the days before iPods as well.

I would often walk from my old flat in Mount Florida to Ibrox and back. Going up Nithsdale Road, it's just over 3.5 miles each way.

One saturday when we'd no game me and a mate from school decided to walk from South Coatbridge to Parkhead to see the bheasts play Dundee Utd. Game finished 1 1. We walked all the way back as well. Dont know the distance but it must have been around 15 miles or more.

I was back over on a summer trip years ago and was up at the in laws. The sun was splitting the sky. Asked the father in law if he wanted to go to Firhill for the game. Yip, he says, we can leave a bit earlier.

Take off about three hours before kickoff from Boydstone Road, Carnwadric. We start walking, past the first bus stop. We might as well walk till a bus shows up he said. I knew he was a big walker and it quickly dawned as bus after bus passed us of his intent. Six and a half miles later we made it to Firhill. He did cave in on the way back after a few pints in the town and agreed to take a taxi back.
Love that. I'm about 5 minutes away. Main Street Thornliebank.
Did the same walk. Knackered me and my Adidas Kick.

Walked a couple of times from yoker if the weather was nice.
I now stay in paisley and find it quicker to walk home. Rather than get a bus that sits in traffic for ages . Not walked to Ibrox from paisley yet

Used to walk from Penilee to a lot of home games, if it wasn't pissing down. Worked up an appetite for a bacon roll in the craigton cafe.

Alternatively, a roll and chips and a pint in the QV on the way back midweek.

West Brewery at Bridgetown to Hampden. Have walked home from Ibrox to Dennistoun. Will do for me.

Probs from my hotel to Leipzig's stadium it may not have been that far but it felt like it going up that hill while it was snowing, I had a pint from the stall outside and it was honestly slush getting to the front door.

Probs from my hotel to Leipzig's stadium it may not have been that far but it felt like it going up that hill while it was snowing, I had a pint from the stall outside and it was honestly slush getting to the front door.

I've walked from my house to Ibrox which is like 8 miles or so I think. Normally walk from Uni to Ibrox for every midweek game too, that is only like 2 or 3 miles or so I think though so only takes 25/30 minutes.

Probably the away games at Stenhousemuir, buses were parked a ridiculous distance from the ground. If your bus was at the back as well...

From wherever i was staying in Manchester 2008, seemed like the middle of nowhere iirc, about 3 miles from Albert square, then from there to the Etihad. And all the way back again!

As I lived for quite a few years in Drumoyne it was a dawdle walking to Ibrox. But when we played at Hampden always walked home from there as quicker than waiting for a bus.

Hitch hiked to see Rangers playing in London a few times, once for a pre season against Tottenham got a truck to England from York to Hull couldn't get a lift and had to walk me and ma mate big walk and pissing rain eventually got a lift and another and got to the game, decided not to do it on the way back just bought a platform ticket at Euston station and jumped off just before Glasgow Central. ;)

Although I used to walk to Edinburgh for a game in the early days, the horse drawn charabanc ride to Aberdeen was more of a chore.
2 days to get there, and 2 days back.

I couldn't sleep the morning of the league decider against dunfermline so walked from Mount florida to Ibrox.

This became a thing...

So have walked from every subsequent house I have lived in at least once

So,thats Rutherglen (just behind kings Park Hotel] to Ibrox. The orchard Park Hotel to Ibrox (I lived round the corner) and have walked several times from the city centre. Have also run from the house a few times there abs back.

I now live in Newton mearns so that's the next walk once the madness stops.

Have cycled it a few times too but am never that optimistic that my bike is gojng to be there when I come out...

Last edited:
Done a couple of walks after the game back into the town centre from Ibrox and hampden, once you start you can’t stop, everytime with my old man he loves a walk lol

Back