What’s the issue with loaning players to other SPFL teams?

ecossebear

Like the title says I cannot for the life of me understand why there is such a reluctance on here to loan players to other teams in the league (Influenced by comments on the Hastie thread). I’ve argued for years we should be doing more of it but I didn’t realise the level of opposition to the idea until today. For me it is a win-win scenario. We loan our decent players who are not going to get a game for us, they then improve said team against the scum and possibly help take points of them! Then when that team comes to play us, they are instantly disrupted as the clause we put in the loan deal means they can’t play their (hopefully) best player. 1. Strengthen the opposition against Celtic, 2. Weaken the opposition against us. What’s not to like about that?

For the last two years it has been obvious our problem is not how we perform against the scum. And to be honest looking at our points haul its not always a case of us not performing against the other teams. Its that no other teams in the league can seem to take points off them. Why would we not try and change that if it does not hinder us in any way? Is it really so much a case of “cut your nose of to spite your face“ that we would rather watch the scum win the league each year than see one of our players play for a Motherwell or Hibs? For arguments sake lets say we loan out Jones, Barker and Hastie to SPFL Teams next year and all three manage a winner against the scum, while getting experience in the league they will maybe be playing in, and unable to harm us. Is that not better than shipping them off to league 2 teams in England?

My guess is that most managers and coaches at these other clubs are useless and any player going out on loan to these clubs would learn next to nothing.
So who Would you want them to go on loan and learn from ? Klopp and Guardiola ? And a lot of scottish coaches actually have a decent reputation, wouldn’t be any worse than the lower leagues down south anyway.

To answer the OP , I’ve no issue with it , if it helps them develop , gets them used to the league , and possibly makes teas stronger against Celtic, then I’m happy with it.

My guess is that most managers and coaches at these other clubs are useless and any player going out on loan to these clubs would learn next to nothing.
You put a clause in the contract that they have to play x number of games. Even in past years some of our dross like Herrera could probably have done a job for Hamilton.

Apart from Hibs and recently Motherwell, no teams try to play anything resembling football. Players aren't going to develop playing hoofball for the likes of McInnes.

That's before you come to the fact Scottish football despises us and we owe them nothing.

The problem with loaning players to teams in the same league, is that strong teams can use it to there ien advantage, look at what the tims done with Ryan Christie,by sending him to the sheep ,it strengthened them against all the other teams league, but he then can't play against the scum, so in effect its helping both teams against all the other teams in the league,,,now there is nothing stopping us doing this,,but do we have any players that we can afford to let go to other teams ,that could then hurt the scum

Well you actually can, probably happens with around 75% of loan deals in football.

There are ways around it (penalty clauses etc) but given the finances involved in Scottish football, clubs aren't going to take players on loan knowing they could end up paying a hefty sum if he turns out shite. Certainly doesn't happen with 75% of loan deals in Scotland. Just need to look at how many of our boys have gone out and spent most of their time papped on the bench or in the stands.

mentally challengeds have been doing it for years means they NEVER face as strong an opponent as we do if their player is a regular starter

Bumped in to a Hibs fan I know just after we signed Kamberi on loan.

His first words were that’s him burnt his bridges he’ll never get back now.

I’ll wager there’s not one of us who said the same about Middleton yet we’re the bigots?

That’s the difference the majority of Scottish football despise us and took a great deal of satisfaction in our recent troubles.

%^*& helping any of them out in any way shape or form.

I’m all for it, it also lets us see them against the opposition that we’ll need them to be doing well against if they are ever to make the grade with us. Certain teams, Alloa, Motherwell, Hamilton, Dunfermline etc. Need not apply.

I’ll wager there’s not one of us who said the same about Middleton yet we’re the bigots?

That’s the difference the majority of Scottish football despise us and took a great deal of satisfaction in our recent troubles.

Middleton never burnt his bridges slagging us off.

There’s a big difference

to be fair if Middleton had made similar comments to the ones Kamberi made he wouldn’t be welcome back.

Gives these teams %^*& all ever again they all hate us and this will never change. We are unionists and despised in scotland as we are classed as the reason Indy ref lost and were despised for this from holyrood to all across the country they won't stop persecuting us till were either obliterated or they get Indy vote through.

Only way to fight back is by winning but for me also give the bastards nothing no blue pound if ever there was time to really hammer home how much they need our away support its on the restart 10mil liability to pay back we could as a support really cripple the bastards.

Bit of crazy rant but I feel better lol

Like the title says I cannot for the life of me understand why there is such a reluctance on here to loan players to other teams in the league (Influenced by comments on the Hastie thread). I’ve argued for years we should be doing more of it but I didn’t realise the level of opposition to the idea until today. For me it is a win-win scenario. We loan our decent players who are not going to get a game for us, they then improve said team against the scum and possibly help take points of them! Then when that team comes to play us, they are instantly disrupted as the clause we put in the loan deal means they can’t play their (hopefully) best player. 1. Strengthen the opposition against Celtic, 2. Weaken the opposition against us. What’s not to like about that?

For the last two years it has been obvious our problem is not how we perform against the scum. And to be honest looking at our points haul its not always a case of us not performing against the other teams. Its that no other teams in the league can seem to take points off them. Why would we not try and change that if it does not hinder us in any way? Is it really so much a case of “cut your nose of to spite your face“ that we would rather watch the scum win the league each year than see one of our players play for a Motherwell or Hibs? For arguments sake lets say we loan out Jones, Barker and Hastie to SPFL Teams next year and all three manage a winner against the scum, while getting experience in the league they will maybe be playing in, and unable to harm us. Is that not better than shipping them off to league 2 teams in England?
They deserve nothing as their self interest has proven f%^k the lot of them.

The uncomfortable motivation at the heart of loaning players to other clubs is that they're simply better at bringing on their young players than we are.

Hibs, Hamilton, Killie - take yer pick. Their record is probably better than ours.

On top of that, there are some strange mental gymnastics going on to avoid the idea that the priority for everyone on here should be the development of our players. Sometimes that means "helping" other clubs as well.

Sadly for too many their actual philosophy is not about putting Rangers first.

Imo we should never loan any players to spfl teams again. I accept this wont happen but we are hated here and the same teams have been corrupt.

Also the standard of play and managers here are shocking.

My whole point in this is we are not “doing them favours”. We are not “helping them out”. We are using them to help our own cause. Taking emotion completely out of things we would be strengthening the other teams against the scum and weakening them against us. But hey, it seems if that even gives a small advantage to a Motherwell or a Kilmarnock then it’s more staunch to just let the scum win the league and get the champions league money each year.

Should not be allowed to loan to other clubs in same league as it gives wealthier clubs a chance to strengthen another team when playing against everyone but themselves.

I would go further and also place limits on the number of players at each club to avoid the super rich clubs hoovering up all the youth talent and loaning them out.

Agree that it would help us to loan out players to other SPFL clubs and we should be doing it until the loophole is closed.

We can't afford to maintain a bloated squad and continue to pay wages to players who simply aren't good enough.

It doesn't work for us.

Imo we should never loan any players to spfl teams again. I accept this wont happen but we are hated here and the same teams have been corrupt.

Also the standard of play and managers here are shocking.
Maybe a young promising goalie but say a young promising midfielder for example no way. The standard of the spl outside the top 2 is appalling these days so they would learn nothing about playing actual football. League 1 or championship would be my option. Can’t see any benefits to the players or the club other than stopping them but let’s face it we’re not endowed with much quality outside of a few these days.

The uncomfortable motivation at the heart of loaning players to other clubs is that they're simply better at bringing on their young players than we are.

Hibs, Hamilton, Killie - take yer pick. Their record is probably better than ours.

On top of that, there are some strange mental gymnastics going on to avoid the idea that the priority for everyone on here should be the development of our players. Sometimes that means "helping" other clubs as well.

Id never hate another club more than I love mine. I’ve said for years, and it’s rarely been clearer than during the most recent round of corruption, that we need to build relationships and have allies. We will never win a vote ourselves and winning a league becomes more difficult when you’re playing better opposing teams than your main rival play.

It would be good for the players IMO, but only if they got games.

I think we continually overlook the importance of players knowing the league, and loans can help with that.

Think that one was less to do with bigotry and more to do with the fact that Kamberi said that he was desperate to sign for us as soon as he came to Scotland.

I like the helping in inverted commas, I've done the arguing in favour of loaning players to premier league clubs and it's extremely shortsighted to have the attitude of fùcking everybody even to the detriment of our own players.

Middleton, Hastie, Docherty on loan to the likes of Hibs or Aberdeen. Not allowed to play against Rangers but able to hurt the filth.
I really can't see a good argument against that.

I am not against loaning players to other teams. It gives them experience in the league we want them to play in and strengthens them against the filth so win win.

To be honest under normal circumstances I’d rather loan players to the lower leagues in England as I think they’d probably learn more and receive better coaching than up here.

Agree with Op in some respects... would be great to see one or two of our loanees take points off the mentally challengeds. However, I still can't come to terms with the helping the clubs who contributed to our demise, in any way shape or form. I know it's cutting my nose off.... but that's the way I feel.

I like the helping in inverted commas, I've done the arguing in favour of loaning players to premier league clubs and it's extremely shortsighted to have the attitude of fùcking everybody even to the detriment of our own players.

Middleton, Hastie, Docherty on loan to the likes of Hibs or Aberdeen. Not allowed to play against Rangers but able to hurt the filth.
I really can't see a good argument against that.

The argument is though are the likes of Middleton and Hastie better options than what those clubs you have mentioned have already? Do they fit in to Aberdeen's rugby tactics that McInnes plays for example? Middleton has already had a loan spell at Hibs which was waste of time after Heckingbottom got sacked as Jack Ross had no interest in playing him.

When was the last time we had a successful loan deal where a player went out on loan and became a first team regular? Only 2 I can think of is McGregor and Ross McCrorie although there may have been others. I think a lot of loan deals in recent times was down to Mark Allen not having the ability to get a transfer fee for players or players that are just deadwood in the squad to get them out the door.

I would happily loan players to the clubs that were happy to support our vote the rest of them can stick to the hope of getting a few tims on loan or whatever else they were promised by Lawwell.

Strengthen the opposition against Celtic, 2. Weaken the opposition against us.
they have loaned players out over the last few season that do exactly that, they buy a player in a team then loan the same player back so that player doesn't play against them and weakening that team against them

Apart from Hibs and recently Motherwell, no teams try to play anything resembling football. Players aren't going to develop playing hoofball for the likes of McInnes.

That's before you come to the fact Scottish football despises us and we owe them nothing.
Ryan Christie did.

It might actually be beneficial to send technically good players somewhere where they'll be expected to develop physically too

We need players that are better than the SPL dross. There are occasional players like Hastie who can rise above the parapet of scottish football but they will not develop on loan at other SPL teams.

If we are linked with an SPL player the consensus is he is not good enough simply because the league is incapable of producing the quality of player Rangers require,Therefore it must mean loaning players to SPL teams does not improve these players .

The argument is though are the likes of Middleton and Hastie better options than what those clubs you have mentioned have already? Do they fit in to Aberdeen's rugby tactics that McInnes plays for example? Middleton has already had a loan spell at Hibs which was waste of time after Heckingbottom got sacked as Jack Ross had no interest in playing him.

When was the last time we had a successful loan deal where a player went out on loan and became a first team regular? Only 2 I can think of is McGregor and Ross McCrorie although there may have been others. I think a lot of loan deals in recent times was down to Mark Allen not having the ability to get a transfer fee for players or players that are just deadwood in the squad to get them out the door.

I would happily loan players to the clubs that were happy to support our vote the rest of them can stick to the hope of getting a few tims on loan or whatever else they were promised by Lawwell.
I wouldn't be letting players go on loan willy nilly.
I'd be having clubs pay more of their wages for a start and doing what Liverpool do with only charging a loan fee if playing time numbers aren't met.

Simply, they can have our players on loan but it's going to cost more for you not to play them.

to english clubs yes, %^*& all the rest of scottish clubs
aOqj3C3.gif

Back