What’s the story with Shane Duffy? (All Duffy posts in here)

rayrangers

In amongst al, the COVID stories this one has been forgotten about, still very strange that he left Dubai early

Saw something on Reddit about his father recently passing away and he is struggling. Not sure if true or not

but the trip was permissable under elite sport rules
surely by removing himself from the bubble and travelling outwith their official flight he should be under the rules for isolation
When did he return?

If it was pre the 3rd then he won’t be “asked” to isolate.
If after this then you have a point that I didn’t consider.

I think he left 2 or 3 days after arrival, 5th or 6th January.
Assuming he's travelled back out with the elite sports bubble then, according to SG update, all people who travelled from Dubai will have to isolate for 10 days from the 3rd.
If that is the case he won't be available for tonight.

He left Dubai , flew to London to talk with notts Forrest about jan move. Loan deal. Apparently.

Brighton ordered it as concerned about the health and safety of their asset (to use Mark Warburton parlance), breach of loan agreement is what I have heard.
Potter said it was a season long loan and would remain that way. Can only really take official quotes from Brighton

Brighton don't want him back though.
Doesn't necessarily mean they want him back does it?

He's still a Brighton player and it's still largely up to Brighton to look out for his health and safety I would assume? Think if Messi was loaned to Man city and Barcelona didn't think Man city were treating an injury of his particularly well, surely Barca can draw the line and step in here for example? Otherwise you could face intentionally sabotages to hurt a players value to get him on the cheap at the end of the loan.

I feel like they'd be able to pull him out of a trip to Dubai without actually taking him back, as if he is forced to stay there it risks the value of the player. Especially when it's clear as day it's not for training at all. Add in the pandemic aswell and it seems even more likelym

Doesn't necessarily mean they want him back does it?

He's still a Brighton player and it's still largely up to Brighton to look out for his health and safety I would assume? Think if Messi was loaned to Man city and Barcelona didn't think Man city were treating an injury of his particularly well, surely Barca can draw the line and step in here for example?

I feel like they'd be able to pull him out of a trip to Dubai without actually taking him back, as if he is forced to stay there it risks the value of the player.
Apologies, I was referring to the breach of agreement part of the post.

rumour is he got a brass to his hotel room that came from a few poets I know

Had Covid, and had put pictures on his (now deleted) social media of him with people of not part of the bubble. Was sent home on a public flight as a cover up attempt. Then they got caught out when another was tested positive, who shouldn't even have been there.

Who would bet against him now coincidentally testing positive after the fact and having to isolate.

He's a shite defender who the Tims are paying an arm and a leg to borrow. He reached a level of infamy on these boards when he launched an apparent cross field pass into row Z during an Old Firm game while under no pressure whatsoever. This has been mercilessly lampooned on social media; my personal favourite version is the one with the Titanic soundtrack. Anything beyond that is speculation - for the moment.

0494-EBE1-6-F89-4-F65-959-C-4352-CC1-A2236.jpg

The story is Duffy was a creation from the discarded afterbirth of a pig which was thrown over a dry stone dyke near limerick.

It was then eaten by a sheep and shat out in the vicinity of Londonderry. His earliest memory was a crowd shouting no fucking surrender which he mistook for you're no fucking defender.

From there the legend began!

I heard a month or so ago that he’s having major issues in his personal life that has taken him to the drink.

Along with his father passing he is supposedly having some custody issues around his kids.

They were saying on Kerrydale St that in the CTV version of his Press Conference on Friday, Kennedy stated that due to Duffy travelling home alone, he had effectively removed himself from the bubble and had to self-isolate.

Back