What’s the story with Shane Duffy? (All Duffy posts in here)

Given that 13 players and staff have been picked up on the track and trace I'm amazed that they have no more positive cases.

Returned a negitive test and allowed to rejoin the bubble after being tested

Cast your mind back to the 2-0 old firm win at Sharkhead. Ryan Christie was ruled out of that game due to being a close contact despite numerous negative results.

Or was it basically because Christie was deemed a close contact to a positive case and Duffy wasn't?

Went on a bender , left the hotel then got sent home are the rumours.
I cannot see how he/they will escape further sanctions over all this.
Thd cynic in me says they are waiting till the isolating ones come back before dishing out bans.

Cast your mind back to the 2-0 old firm win at Sharkhead. Ryan Christie was ruled out of that game due to being a close contact despite numerous negative results.

Or was it basically because Christie was deemed a close contact to a positive case and Duffy wasn't?
Duffy probably wasn’t a close contact to Julien, where as Christie & Tierney were sitting beside Armstrong playing PS4. The English FA even let Tierney play when he returned, only Christie couldn’t play.

So when he returned his negative test I assume he was eligible to play having not been a close contact to a positive.

Because he was legally allowed to play. Isolating after traveling is only advice. Celtic have chosen not to follow the advice that is aimed at stopping the spread of a virus that has killed thousands. Not sure what the JRG rules are for this sort of situation is though.

Imagine being the club who want everyone to think you are charitable while also being the club who ignore advice that is aimed at protecting the NHS and the vulnerable: "a club like no other"

Im only giving the answer they gave when asked the question lol i dont agree with it either

Of course questions should be asked about how he was allowed to play.

But this is Shane Duffy we’re talking about.

What is fascinating is that somebody on The Yahoo coaching staff,who makes a living out of the game, actually thought he would strengthen their team by playing him.

Duffy's eligibility should never be questioned, he got an assist for Hibs remember. I never watched him for Brighton but from what I've seen of him up here he doesn't resemble a PL defender that's for sure. His agent must be some sort of hypnotist or have mysterious mind altering powers.

Watched Forrest a couple of times this season...
They are awful.
Big Duffy in there is an act of desperation....

I was much rather hoping Celtic had a secret deal and commitment to buy him at the end of the season

His loan spell with Timmy will be the end of his "career" with top level clubs. He's utter dross. His future lies in tarmac drives and static homes.
What is crazy is that he warrants a wage of£40K a week??
This is not a footballer and shows the money that they pay in the EPL for god awful journeymen is astonishing.

Football must be one of the only professions where you can be completely shite at your job publicly for everyone to see, yet still receive lucrative job offers from interested parties.

If I was on national TV just making an arse of my job every single week I'd never get work in my industry again.

I love the arrogance of Duffy and the support.

They bring an EPL bang average defender to Scotland who's going to walk the league and the missing piece of the jigsaw. They were going to buy their way to 10 in a row.

What they didnt realise was the the Duff man was hopeless and is very poor defender. Hes the equivalent of Gallagher at Motherwell. A guy that's a danger in both boxes.

It goes to show that EPL isnt the best league in the world. Yheres many players that have came up north and thought they could walk the league.

Duffy, Jeffers, Beattie, elyounoussi, Barton, maddison just to name a few who have been thought of in Engalnd and totally flopped up here.

Given that 13 players and staff have been picked up on the track and trace I'm amazed that they have no more positive cases.
Don’t want to start a conspiracy theory but It seems a lot of rich folk are heading over there to get inoculated.

A big regret om mine is that we won’t see a full Ibrox singing ’One Shane Duffy....’ while that tramp goes from calamity to calamity on the pitch.
Shithousery at it’s very finest B-D

Don’t want to start a conspiracy theory but It seems a lot of rich folk are heading over there to get inoculated.
Only the tramps could go somewhere to be inoculated and come back with the disease. Now if that was the story that would be even more hilarious.

Duffy is going to held up as an example of how we need to play football through this pandemic, at least 2 metres away from another player at all times. That will be why he never had to isolate.

Because he was legally allowed to play. Isolating after traveling is only advice. Celtic have chosen not to follow the advice that is aimed at stopping the spread of a virus that has killed thousands. Not sure what the JRG rules are for this sort of situation is though.

Imagine being the club who want everyone to think you are charitable while also being the club who ignore advice that is aimed at protecting the NHS and the vulnerable: "a club like no other"
The JRG should have protocols in place which are at a minimum the equivalent of SG advice. In getting special dispensation football should be adhering to stricter restrictions. There has been breach upon breach over this Dubai trip alone. It really does require thorough investigation as celtic appear to be doing what they like. The SFA should appoint someone with a bit of nous in order for them to properly deal with the whole debacle. A football administrator wouldn't know where to start. It really is one rule for celtic and to hell with the rest.

Back