What’s the update on the side panels of the Broomloan and Copland?

Whats the long metal fence along the edge of the roof for? Maybe a safety fence to stop workers falling off?

Big improvement on the side panels from that Twitter video though.

Photo was taken when the work on the roof started. The railing is edge protection to stop anyone falling off the roof as you say.

Amazed we don’t have any pictures (other than the blink and you’ll miss it video) to show the new stuff in place

Amazed we don’t have any pictures (other than the blink and you’ll miss it video) to show the new stuff in place

The guy doing the actual job promised some before and after pics earlier on in the thread I see , hopefully he will do so although I’m surprised he hasn’t already .

The club should do more as well the fans want to see and be updated on these improvements, what about club 1872 memebers we are actually entitled as shareholders to see what’s going on and not relying on some drive by fuzzy clip .

I had a hire from Larkhall to copland road last night, the woman had family up from England and when we passed Ibrox he actually gasped he asked to drive pass again, the lady said to him she sees it nearly every night and she loves it every time, she was in her late 60s and and processed to tell him the history of our great stadium, I think we have a new fan he's wanting to come back and go to a game, a lovely lady and she gave me a good tip because I was a "Bluenose from Larkhall". Our main stand is Beautiful and its good to see the rest is getting fixed up, by the way it took my breath away as well....

Surely if it's been identified that the cladding needed replaced then they'll also be doing something to that because you're totally right, it's horrific. Either power wash it or cover it up with some form of light material, wouldn't take much.

If that gets done along with the side panels being complete, the difference in the exterior in both stands will be night and day to before.

Correct a lot of these jobs just need some thought put into them not hugh a expenditure is always needed

I cringe looking at it every time I see it at Ibrox. Stadium needs to be brought into the 21st century and little things like this should help that. Concourses need a bit of work on them as well though money should be going to the first time first.

Looked the same on RTV, but obviously that is only giving us a view from the inside of the stadium, the video earlier on this thread of the guy driving past Ibrox, certainly looked like the exterior had changed?
I guess we won’t get the full updates on stadium improvements until the 1st home game of next season.

Back