What’s wrong with our pitch?

Rangers_2001

Official Ticketer
It looked especially bad today. Doesn’t really help us when we try and play football on it. It’s only January and it looks terrible. Surely it should be in better nick at this stage in the season?

This is not the reason we dropped points by the way. Just an observation.

It looks really bad at the minute

And there's not exactly been a lot of football played on it since december

It's unacceptable and it does have an adverse effect, although obviously not an excuse for not winning the game.

They need to get it sorted and quickly.

The pitch is not to bad considering the amount of rain recently, go back a few years and it was covered in sand at this time of year

Been shite since the Kilmarnock game on Boxing Day and has been steadily worse.

Someone is not doing their job properly.

Many teams in the North of England, who have also had similar levels of rain rain, have pitches in far better condition. No excuses.

Was going to say it needs fertilizer but there's been a fair amount of shite on it the last few games.

Time of year maybe? In saying that the weather hasn't been that bad.
It's been raining non stop in Glasgow for about 6 months. Glasgow gets 300 days of rain on average every year.If you watch some of the games from the past the pitch looks brilliant. I am afraid it's just the country we live in no global warming for us.

I’d imagine it’s down to the amount of rain in the last 2 weeks in particular combined with 4 games in the same period.

It’s cutting up really badly and not getting a chance to knit back together due to the poor weather and “overuse”

Thought the same today the pitch was looking very tired. Don't think the rain helps but surely the lights should be keeping the pitch in better condition.

First thing I noticed when I got to my seat

An thought ,looks as there were lots of brown patches an filled in areas

It’s hardly been played on

To be fair, the pitch is obviously going to cut up given the amount of rain and the number of games in a short space of time.

The thing that surprised me is that half the pitch seems to be brown and patchy, which is unusual in recent times.

Still, I'm no expert as has already been pointed out. :)

I’d imagine it’s down to the amount of rain in the last 2 weeks in particular combined with 4 games in the same period.

It’s cutting up really badly and not getting a chance to knit back together due to the poor weather and “overuse”
It was bad on Boxing Day.

I refer people to my post earlier when I compare pitches of clubs in the north of England where they have had no break loads of games, a lot of rain and their pitches are in far better condition than ours.

Groundsmen are f.ucking up.

It was bad on Boxing Day.

I refer people to my post earlier when I compare pitches of clubs in the north of England where they have had no break loads of games, a lot of rain and their pitches are in far better condition than ours.

Groundsmen are f.ucking up.
Totally agree..’it must be down to money for upkeep based on state of English pitches

It went on a mini pre season trip to Dubai and it’s not been the same since it came back

Watched a clip on YouTube recently of the first game I attended in season 93/94 - could not believe the state of the pitch, there was more sand than grass, today's pitch is a bowling green in comparison!

Back