What’s your team to get us back on track?

Rangersnumberfour

Official Ticketer
I am genuinely struggling to pick an 11 who I think would change our form. It’s a bit worrying.
McG
Paterson Goldson Balogan Bassey
Lundstrum
Arfield Kamara
Wright Morelos Sakala

I am genuinely struggling to pick an 11 who I think would change our form. It’s a bit worrying.
McG
Lundstrum
Arfield Kamara
Wright Morelos Sakala
Would play 4-3-1-2

My choices based on current availability

I agree with your back 4 - sadly Borna has lost any semblance of pace or threat from his game and needs time out

Midfield - my first picks would be Davis, Kamara and Lundstram in quite a tight three with Lundstram given licence to get forward. Aribo is not a midfielder and needs a wee rest imho

Aribo would challenge Hagi, who is first choice for me to fill the slot behind the two strikers - Roofe and Morelos

I don't think it's a specific team that's required to get us back on track. I think it's the manager's ability to make changes, tactics, formation, players or whatever is required during the game. For me he seems to just do so little in game management it's unreal. Every time the camera cuts to him he's just sitting watching or having a chat - that chat doesn't really ever appear to result in instructions or actions towards the pitch.

The players are good enough but we get found out at times and then nothing changes. That can't continue.

Mcgregor

tav goldson balogun bassey
Lundstram/Davis
Hagi Kamara
Sakala/wright morelos roofe

McGregor
Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic
Davis Kamara
Roofe Hagi Kent
Morelos

I'd get Alfie, Roofe and Sakala into the same team. Our width generally comes from our full backs but we only ever have 1 striker in the box with an occasional non striker.

Liverpool play with the 3 strikers. I think we'd give teams much more to worry about with the 3 in there.

I'd actually put Alfie right as he does a lot of good work there. Sakala left and Roofe through the middle.

Behind them Hagi in a CAM role.

Then behind him Kamara and 1 of Davis or Lundstram.

Back 4 I'd get Bassey back in with Balogen, Goldson and Tav.

Shagger in goals.

Keep that team for a number of games and let's take it to the opposition.

Can't ever see Gerrard going for it mind you.

Our movement off the ball in previous seasons has been a strong aspect to our play, especially upmfront, but that hasn't been as good so far; it really does need to improve. The Motherwell defence would have found us as somewhat predictable, in that second half, and that just isn't good enough.

I think that a new tactic is required to switch things up when required. I’m not suggesting that the 4,3,3 be dispensed with, but today the wide 10’s didn’t work. We needed an actual bona fide 10 in the last twenty/twenty five minutes. Rangers were far too predictable and shot shy.

Why resort to knocking the ball long/over the top when the player with pace had been subbed?

Strange to say the least.

Would play 4-3-1-2

I agree with your back 4 - sadly Borna has lost any semblance of pace or threat from his game and needs time out

Midfield - my first picks would be Davis, Kamara and Lundstram in quite a tight three with Lundstram given licence to get forward. Aribo is not a midfielder and needs a wee rest imho

Aribo would challenge Hagi, who is first choice for me to fill the slot behind the two strikers - Roofe and Morelos
Borna has never been a pacy fullback. Bassey wouldn’t have made a blind but of difference in any of the previous two games.

scoring goals might’ve thought

McG
Aribo Lundstrum Kamara
Hagi Roofe Wright

Davis should be rested. Tav and Barisic shoehorn us too much to a pattern of play where we constantly shell in hopeful crosses to huge defenders. Aribo burns out like a Roman candle so accept he’ll need replaced after an hour. Wright needs more games to sustain it over the 90mins. Hagi is a moments player and if ever we’ve needed moments in recent games it was then. Morelos is slowing up and seems to have become a poor finisher but can hold it up and link well. Sakala has pace to burn. Bacuna still an unknown. Arfield can bring energy to the game. So we have plenty of options to change it if required. Horses for courses with regard to who to bring on.

Borna has never been a pacy fullback. Bassey wouldn’t have made a blind but of difference in any of the previous two games.

scoring goals might’ve thought
I think Bassey gets us in different positions by attacking quicker and closer to the by line.
Barasic crossing has been terrible for a while now. (Yes he hit a corner the other week we scored off….)

Would play 4-3-1-2

I would agree with your back line most definitely we need the likes of young Patterson in there to vary our play from the back as he has the pace to go past players, I don't think Arfield would improve us as he to me has played his best football in the past seasons,.

Don't think it's a starting 11 issue

Need to see more hunger to score goals

And the other side more determined to keep clean sheets

2 things we done very well last season
Exactly, no matter who plays we try the same repetitive crossing and slow play. Some players do need dropped/rested, but that won't fix it IMO.

I don’t think it’s necessarily a lack of players as a lack of different tactics.

Stick Roofe, Alfie and Sakala up front together and let’s just go at teams in search of goals.

Remove the shackles of the possession obsession and the endless recycling of the ball to and from the wingbacks and just allow us to be more direct.

We’re far too pedestrian and one dimensional, but rather than alter it or implement a plan B it appears Gerrard simply wants to preserve and play through it.

For Wednesday I’d go

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Balogun
Bassey

Bacuna
Lundstram
Aribo

Sakala
Morelos
Hagi

The personnel is relevant if they don't want to work as hard as they have done. They must have the data from the wee bras they all wear.
We have tried just about every permutation, and it's still not clicked, its attitude and hard graft that's missing.

We have tried just about every permutation, and it's still not clicked, its attitude and hard graft that's missing.
We're in deep shit then. If the main players are off form, and the replacements aren't busting a gut, we have problems. Albeit Bassey replaced Barisic who was off form, done well, and was bumped for Barisic who is again off form. So Bassey had a good spell sandwiched between poor spells for Borna. Not an incentive for Bassey or others. They know they're out at some point, regardless of their form, or the form of the other players.

I think Bassey gets us in different positions by attacking quicker and closer to the by line.
Barasic crossing has been terrible for a while now. (Yes he hit a corner the other week we scored off….)
I don’t agree with the pile on to get Borna and Tav out the team, both played a huge part in 55.

or problems are in the forward areas IMO.

I'd be swapping Tav for Patterson and Bassey for Barasic for a start. Bacuna kamara lundstrum in midfield. Sakala morelos and roofe up front.

There is a lot to fix, SD needs to be asked to stop playing for N.I, Tav and Aribo need to be barred from the gym they are more interested in how they look rather than how they play, but most of all the full backs need to be changed, a blind man can see we are getting next to nothing from Tav and Borna and please spare me the did you miss Tavs goal and Bornas corner pish, they are nothing like what they have been and we insist on everything going through them cross after cross that comes to nothing time for something different lets see Paterson and Bassey drive inside for a change.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Balogun Barisic
Kamara Bacuna
Hagi
Roofe Morelos Sakala

See how it goes actually going for it a bit more and setting us up to beat teams by 3/4

Madness you dont have roofe in it
Did you miss his sitter today from 6 yards that would have finished the game?
Other than that, he didn’t provide much threat.

so I would go with the out of form Morelos. But there isn’t much in it just now.

Did you miss his sitter today from 6 yards that would have finished the game?
Other than that, he didn’t provide much threat.

so I would go with the out of form Morelos. But there isn’t much in it just now.
Roofe our top goalscorer and his link up today was better than morelos has been all season

Roofe our top goalscorer and his link up today was better than morelos has been all season
On two compared to Morelos one :) it’s hardly a boast just now between the two of them.
Morelos link up has been fine this season. His finishing hasn’t.
As I said I don’t think there is much between the two of them but I don’t think it’s shocking not including Roofe in my line up.

McLaughlin
Tav Goldson Balogun Bassey
Kamara Davis/Lundstram Aribo
Sakala/Wright Morelos Roofe

McGregor has been shaky just about every game this season. Comes out flapping at crosses, distribution is dreadful. A year too many for him.

We can’t score goals . Pick whoever you like but we are firing blanks all day every day and until we learn to shoot and strike the ball with conviction the problem remains .

we need to sacrifice at least one of the flat 3 midfield I feel. I’d go with an attacking 4-1-3-2 against Livvy/Dundee, subject to availability of course:

McGregor

Tav / Patterson
Goldson
Balogun
Bassey

Kamara

Wright
Hagi
Aribo

Morelos
Roofe

We need to get other teams guessing somehow.

Back