What’s your thoughts on the split

Fourladshadadream

Official Ticketer
Bored on a Friday nightshift.

Thought I would ask before we get close to it and fixtures come out.

I prefer it as you’re playing against teams that can beat each other top 6 and bottom 6.

Since it came in we’ve had Europe-league and relegation places decided on the last day a few times.

I know some teams get a extra home game.

What’s your thoughts on it?

I know I'll be in the minority but I think as stupid of a concept as it sounds, in practice it has lead to some thrilling down to the wire title races, more so than most leagues around the world in my opinion.

The fact that 2 sides challenging for the title would be playing in theory the next 4 best sides in the league rather than relegation cannon fodder for me is a good thing. Think Helicopter Sunday season, Celtic looking on course to win the league with games to spare, lose at home to Hibs. Or Lennon booting the water bottles up at Inverness as we went top.

But the issues of 3 away games 2 home games for Rangers more often than not, or 3 games at Hibs vs 1 at Ibrox type scenarios are an unfortunate negative to it.

I hate it. It is unfair and if it is still tight at the top of the table, it will be a very difficult end to the season for us.

I hate it purely cos of my shifts and sorting time off at short notice is a pain in the arse.

Hasn't been an issue for a while to be fair but hopefully it's the case again this season.

I know I'll be in the minority but I think as stupid of a concept as it sounds, in practice it has lead to some thrilling down to the wire title races, more so than most leagues around the world in my opinion.

The fact that 2 sides challenging for the title would be playing in theory the next 4 best sides in the league rather than relegation cannon fodder for me is a good thing. Think Helicopter Sunday season, Celtic looking on course to win the league with games to spare, lose at home to Hibs. Or Lennon booting the water bottles up at Inverness as we went top.

But the issues of 3 away games 2 home games for Rangers more often than not, or 3 games at Hibs vs 1 at Ibrox type scenarios are an unfortunate negative to it.

Definitely not everyone getting even games against each other is wrong but the games against each other who battling for something makes it more exciting.

Like us going to Hearts or Aberdeen away on the last game where unwashed could be at home against the likes of Hamilton.

14 teams in top flight. Everyone plays each other once then do a top 6 and bottom 8 and again everyone plays each other twice

Don't know why this wasn't introduced years ago. If we have to have a split, this is the only way it makes any sense.

Definitely not everyone getting even games against each other is wrong but the games against each other who battling for something makes it more exciting.

Like us going to Hearts or Aberdeen away on the last game where unwashed could be at home against the likes of Hamilton.

Agreed, but I'm not gonna lie and say the negatives outweigh the positives.

It really is a testament to some great Rangers title winning sides that from memory I think we've have mostly had a raw deal in how the post split fixtures worked out yet still been champions.

I do remember the outcry of how unfair it was when it worked against Celtic, before Smith pointing out Rangers had suffered it something ridiculous like 8 out of 9 years.

Don't like it. As said, it goes against sporting integrity when some clubs have more home fixtures than away or vice versa or you could be playing 1 team 3 times away and once at home or, again, vice versa. Each and every team should play the same fixtures as all the other teams, home and away equally. The buffoons in charge of the league fùcked it up by expanding the league from 10 to 12 teams.

It’s absolutely ridiculous. They need to scrap it and come up with a better system. It’s a farce that you can play sides 3 times away and once at home or that you can play 18 home games and 20 away or vice versa.

14 teams in top flight. Everyone plays each other once then do a top 6 and bottom 8 and again everyone plays each other twice
Won't work.

For one there would be cries of injustice from either side when it fell that us or them only had one home old firm game.

The smaller teams wouldn't vote for it cos they only have one or at most two home games against 'the old firm' therefore denying them money.

Won't work.

For one there would be cries of injustice from either side when it fell that us or them only had one home old firm game.

The smaller teams wouldn't vote for it cos they only have one or at most two home games against 'the old firm' therefore denying them money.
There would be at least 2 old firm games as all 14 teams would play each other twice. After the split the top 6 would play each other twice and the bottom 8 play each other twice. Always 4 old firm games. Bottom 8 clubs get an extra 2 games gate and TV money

There would be at least 2 old firm games as all 14 teams would play each other twice. After the split the top 6 would play each other twice and the bottom 8 play each other twice. Always 4 old firm games. Bottom 8 clubs get an extra 2 games gate and TV money
Your original post said play each other once?
If it's 14 play each other twice then split 6 and 8 then yes I agree that would be a good idea.

Agreed, but I'm not gonna lie and say the negatives outweigh the positives.

It really is a testament to some great Rangers title winning sides that from memory I think we've have mostly had a raw deal in how the post split fixtures worked out yet still been champions.

I do remember the outcry of how unfair it was when it worked against Celtic, before Smith pointing out Rangers had suffered it something ridiculous like 8 out of 9 years.

It was only after it was pointed out we got the extra home game.

Crap.

Playing some teams 3 times away, OK for us but not anyone else.

US and the Filth having to play our last game away because we won the league in 2003.

Bored on a Friday nightshift.

Thought I would ask before we get close to it and fixtures come out.

I prefer it as you’re playing against teams that can beat each other top 6 and bottom 6.

Since it came in we’ve had Europe-league and relegation places decided on the last day a few times.

I know some teams get a extra home game.

What’s your thoughts on it?
One of the reasons I first gave up season ticket not one game was at 3pm ko,%^*& the fans,hate it(apart from helicopter Sunday)get the league back to18teams!

Crap.

Playing some teams 3 times away, OK for us but not anyone else.

US and the Filth having to play our last game away because we won the league in 2003.

Surely thats not a rule is it?

Think they were at home when we won the league at Tannadice and maybe even when we won at Killie but not certain on that one.

I think it’s good for teams at the bottom assuming they’ve not been relegated. Could be a dog fight to ensure you don’t go down.

Pish if you’re going for a league title and could play 3 times away.

Something that always gets mentioned when I discuss the split with Dundee/Dundee United fans is its never the Old firm which is the 3rd away so a “bias unfair system”

Its a crazy idea because after the split teams in the top of lower half could end up with more points than teams at the bottom of the top half but wouldnt be allowed to overtake them.
Makes Scotland look worse than we are.

6te14j.jpg

:mad:

One of the reasons I first gave up season ticket not one game was at 3pm ko,%^*& the fans,hate it(apart from helicopter Sunday)get the league back to18teams!

Stop the split and TV games will still happen.
I miss the 3pm kickoffs.
I do like a Friday night game.
Don’t like a Sunday game but I can play in a medal at the golf club.

It alternates each season as to who out of Rangers or Celtic get 3 home games post split.

Basically whoever plays the first Derby of the season at home will end up with 3 away games post split. This doesn't seem to be a written rule but it is how it happens.

League of 20

Each team plays each other once home and away.

Same as EPL.

If only...
The main problem with having a league of 20 is that there will be a lot of meaningless games at the end of season as there arent many European places up for grabs at the moment because our teams have been shite in Europe recently

Back