What a gent Pedro is

The Goal Machine

Just watched the Press Conference and the thing that comes across is just what a gentleman the man is.

As a representative of Rangers Football Club he is first class and no one can criticise him for that.

Unfortunately as a coach the jury is out and this weekends match will prove whether he has learned anything from last years debacles. We can take a defeat if we see every player giving their all and the tactics are right but another hiding and I do not think he can come back from it.

As far as the Press Conference he maybe is too much of a gentlemen and maybe he should have closed down questions about Morales and his temperament quicker, you could sense the press writing their headlines at that moment and I see Rodgers already using it as a dig.

Quite ironic the pressmen should question the behaviour of a young Rangers player when the behaviour of certain Celtic players even in victory has been highly questionable.

But that is not Pedros way and he dealt with each question truthfully and honourably and was pleasant in the extreme to them.

I would dearly love for Pedro to get a result on Saturday and change my mind about him as the coach of Rangers.

As a man I have nothing but respect.

He shows the class you expect from a Rangers manager.

But in the short time he has been here, he has had to put up with so much more shite than Advocaat or Le Guen, or any British manager we have had. In fact I've never seen a manager in football be treated by the press the way Pedro has.

They have blatantly ripped the piss out of him, and almost treated him like he isn't a professional manager. Yet despite that, he has kept his cool and shown a tremendous attitude. For that he deserves monumental credit.

He is a class act, how he keeps his cool against those fucking dim wits that pose the questions, but i'd like to see him be more aggressive towards them, the way they treat him is a joke.

Last edited:
I concur I like the way he expects standards from his players and treats the refs with respect.

He just needs to prove nice guys don't come second. And I mean that in a wider sense.

Good Luck Pedro for Saturday and the rest of the season, you act,behave and speak like a Rangers manager should and I for one wish you all the best.

To me he seems like a man who knows exactly what he is doing. Nothing phases him. He is calm and confident and clearly believes in what he is trying to achieve with us.

We might not be challenging for the league but have we improved over the 7 months he's been here - consistent steady improvement is what we need at the moment, not boom and bust.

Saturday will be the first KPI of the season for him, it'll be interesting to see where we are in relation to them. For the moment, I believe in him and give him my full support.

He kills their bile with niceness and the press cannot handle that. Brilliant press conference, im very confident if Bruno and Declan are fit we will get a win after listening to him

PC is a class act and when we do beat them, he will still behave properly. This is what you would expect from a Rangers Manager.

I desperately want him to be given a decent amount of time to implement his ideas.
I've heard nothing from him which sounds mental, just reasoned tactical analysis conveyed in a logical manner.

As someone said on another thread, we're a gnats cock away from it clicking properly and when it does, we'll be unstoppable.

Pedro is a gentleman he answers every question honestly.This just makes the hacks ask more stupid and loaded questions knowing they will get a headline.He should treat some of the questions with the contempt they deserve.
They didn't try it on with Walter as they would get the stare and a cutting remark from him to put them in their place. Maybe Jim Trainer could earn his corn with some guidance or even a certain Mr McCoist who had them eating out of his hand at press conferences.

He is giving them crumbs instead of cheek and keeping his dignity at the same time. Hard to do and he deserves credit for doing this.

He who has the last laugh etc................................................................

There definitely is a touch of class about him,I just hope he’s not to much of a gent,not the best managerial job to be in,if your to soft,or to pally with the players.Warburton and McCoist.

He is a class act, how he keeps his cool against those fucking dim wits that pose the questions, but i'd like to see him be more aggressive towards them, they way they treat him is a joke.

Truth is mate, he can't win because even if he were to come out more aggressive in defence, his critiques would still find a way around it such as the shite you see them coming out with about "do the talking on the park." Practically their way of saying they do not value what he has to say and refuse to listen to him.

Pedro has made himself clear on what he wants and whilst he still has himself to prove I think he's moving Rangers in the right direction, so much so I think it's just a matter of time before we start to see Rangers getting results week in week out.

He is a gem of a guy. Just a really nice fella. Only a bitter bheast could dislike him.

That said, I would have bagged him in the dressing room in Luxembourg.

But, fecking obviously (!) it was not my call.

I'm really warming to him.

The way he correctly called out the over aggressive tactics against us, the illegal blocking of our keeper and the absolute certainty that Morelos will be targeted is superb.

So, let's back this up with a win against the forces of Satan on Saturday

Last edited:
Sorry but I'd rather have an utter Bastard like Souness who didn't give a %^*& about who thought what about him or his club and win than have a lovely guy who's going to finish second.

Too many supporters are expecting Pedro to undo 6 years of superiority basically unchallenged by the rest of Scottish football in six months.

4 wasted years under Ally and 1 1/2 years of taking it on board and learning or not learning from it under Warburton.

We need / have to have a wee bit of faith in Pedro until he proves otherwise.

There is not a Rangers supporter out there who wants our manager to fail, ever.

Not Greig, Smith or Wallace. McCoist, not Souness, not Durrant, Le Guen or Warburton and Caixinha is in the exact same company - only this time you want Caixinha to succeed even more.

I like the guy; passionate, determined, honest, intelligent... an all round good guy who knows what this club means to so many, our traditions and history, our values and standards. You can tell he loves it here and that every day he gives 100% - his all.

Make it happen Pedro. Do these bastards, prove you've got what it takes. He may well fail, but it won't be for a lack of trying.

Sorry but I'd rather have an utter Bastard like Souness who didn't give a %^*& about who thought what about him or his club and win than have a lovely guy who's going to finish second.
You're making a mistaken assumption that you can't be a "hard man" and an erudite, sophisticated, well educated, professional and successful football manager,
Has any of Pedro's decisions on who he wants in his team and who he's booted out the door lead you to believe he's a soft touch?

He has class and dignity. This is not easily recognisable by the Bheast as they so rarely witness such behaviour. I sense the reporters at his pressers are becoming more civil and respectful due to his intellect, charisma and charm. He represents the club with distinction.

Truth is mate, he can't win because even if he were to come out more aggressive in defence, his critiques would still find a way around it such as the shite you see them coming out with about "do the talking on the park." Practically their way of saying they do not value what he has to say and refuse to listen to him.

Pedro has made himself clear on what he wants and whilst he still has himself to prove I think he's moving Rangers in the right direction, so much so I think it's just a matter of time before we start to see Rangers getting results week in week out.

Can't argue with that.

There definitely is a touch of class about him,I just hope he’s not to much of a gent,not the best managerial job to be in,if your to soft,or to pally with the players.Warburton and McCoist.
I would say that his hardline approach to McKay, Forres terms, Kiernan et al proves he is no soft touch, yet remains a gent.

I actually love the fact that he calls out what he sees.

Dodgy refs, yep. Over aggressive opponents getting away with it, yep.

Our media can't stand him and some of their comments have been borderline racist/xenophobic.

Seriously hope he gets it right this weekend and proves the doubters wrong, even some of our own wrong. The guy knows exactly what he wants to do with this club moving forward and I hope it pays off on Saturday.

No surrender Pedro!

He has a very hard job managing all our expectations and as a representative of our club I agree he's doing very well.

It is shocking the nascent racism shown by the Celtic bosssed media. They jump on quotes and his sometimes florid language.

More than any rangers manager in history he probably has the hardest job of all.

If the scum were struggling financially he'd already be getting results but they stole titles and engineered their position of strength by actions off the park as much as on.

I'm on record in the old forum by saying he will not last the season. I've never wanted to be more more wrong over anything in my life.

A man of dignity and strength. Get it right up them Pedro.

I'd have probably sacked him after Progres but I've done enough moaning about him and won't do so any more.

I genuinely hope he proves me wrong. Do it on Saturday Pedro!

With regards to his ability to be tough - look at MOH, McKay etc.... he says it like it is and if you don;t like it tough... at the very least he doesn't mince his words.

I do think we are going in right direction and it's going to take time for us to be fully motoring along but I have faith in him.

onwards and upwards!!

He understands what it means to be a Ranger. To have manners and show respect, even when dealing with boorish oafs, and when none is shown to you in return. To be immaculately presented and show patience and courtesy. To always uphold the standards and the reputation of the club, and never lapse into profanity, impatience or incivility. Let others follow, we welcome the chase.

I want him to win the league and in the press conference, sit the trophy in front of him and ask them if his tumblers are funny now. If his accent is funny now. His talk about a medium block.

I would love him to be the man who takes us to 55! I hate tattoos, don't get them, but my sis in law owns a tattoo place and is always on at me about when I am getting one. My answer is always when we get 55 I will get one of the manager who takes us there. Nothing would please me more to have this glorious bastard on my skin if he gets us 55

Back