What an anti climax that was before the game

Papasmurf

Official Ticketer
I expected something. Anything.

No speech from a director, no fireworks, no effort. Nothing.

surely (and I say this with a massive hint of sarcasm) the management at the club would have sat down and asked a simple question. What would the fans like?

am i wide of the mark here? Or, given the effort of having a flag raising day, they would have made some form of effort.

surely (and I say this with a massive hint of sarcasm) the management at the club would have sat down and asked a simple question. What would the fans like?

am i wide of the mark here? Or, given the effort of having a flag raising day, they would have made some form of effort.
The board don't give 2 flying fucks for the fans, it's just give us your money and shut up.

Not sure about fireworks. We need to move on and last thing we need with the players now is celebrating when playing relatively poorly. But a speech and thank you to all those who have backed the club through the last 10 years should have been given. I was very surprised.

Think they toned it down. Because they looked in to FF last night and saw some saying it was a mediocrity sideshow and 55 should be dismissed, and 56 is all that matters :confused:

Could not have put it better we had a chance to show corrupt cabal how to do it and we fluffed it I am totally bewildered at that today.

Isn’t that similar to how we’ve done it in the past? To be honest at this stage of the season, before the 6th League game, it all felt like a bit of a distraction. I’m not sure it would have been any different, in terms of how we did it, had it been before Livi or even the Dhims right enough.

I've honestly no idea what some folk were expecting today, the build up it got was pretty baffling to be honest. It was the same as "flag day" has always been. It's never really been a thing.
See, that’s kinda how I remember it. I’m doubting myself simply because of some of the posts on here - but I don’t really remember there ever being much ‘razzmatazz’

I've honestly no idea what some folk were expecting today, the build up it got was pretty baffling to be honest. It was the same as "flag day" has always been. It's never really been a thing. The chairman unfurls the league flag, big cheer and applause, game kicks off.

I think the biggest head scratcher is why they told us to be in our seats so early and built it up so much.

I've honestly no idea what some folk were expecting today, the build up it got was pretty baffling to be honest. It was the same as "flag day" has always been. It's never really been a thing. The chairman unfurls the league flag, big cheer and applause, game kicks off.

My only criticism is it took place weeks into the season, even though I get the reasons why. Probably felt weird because of that. It was never a big deal back in the day anyway.

Isn’t that similar to how we’ve done it in the past? To be honest at this stage of the season, before the 6th League game, it all felt like a bit of a distraction. I’m not sure it would have been any different, in terms of how we did it, had it been before Livi or even the Dhims right enough.
This for me...I think the timing is unfortunate due to COVID, done under normal circumstances at the first home game it’s very relevant, at this stage in September, not so much. Hopefully next August the timing will be right

I don't believe the club really give a feck about the fans tbh. We did the Ibrox tour recently and although the guy doing it was really good it felt really rushed as they had another tour right at the back of ours. Barely any time for photos.

I’m not that arsed it’s never been a big deal, it’s rarely meant as much or had a support been as deprived of a chance to genuinely support a title win among fans, today was one of the few chances. It was shit.

Flag day 7 weeks into the new season - meh!

Seems like the club approached it with the same attitude. Should’ve done it against Livi imo regardless of reduced attendance.

Doing it so late into the season was always going to lose hype and bite us on the arśe.

I’d bigged the whole even up for my youngest. He was really excited. Arrived 35 mins early.

then, as you say -‘that’
Said likewise in another thread. Told my wee man who is 9 it was gonna be something special and he was asking me was that it.

Really poor from the club there were a number of things they could have done to make it more of a fitting spectacle. Even just introduced some players from the recent past before it as well would have went a long way.

Flag day 7 weeks into the new season - meh!

Seems like the club approached it with the same attitude. Should’ve done it against Livi imo regardless of reduced attendance.

Doing it so late into the season was always going to lose hype and bite us on the arśe.
That's a poor excuse for not being arsed doing anything for it mate I'm afraid. The fans all made the effort to get in early today with zero effort in return from the club.

I don't believe the club really give a feck about the fans tbh. We did the Ibrox tour recently and although the guy doing it was really good it felt really rushed as they had another tour right at the back of ours. Barely any time for photos.

Tour at Stamford Bridge a few years back was very much like that.

Tour at the Emirates was excellent. Wee audio thing, set of headphones and wander round at your leisure.

Was expecting something akin to this

samba-passista.gif

Said likewise in another thread. Told my wee man who is 9 it was gonna be something special and he was asking me was that it.

Really poor from the club there were a number of things they could have done to make it more of a fitting spectacle. Even just introduced some players from the recent past before it as well would have went a long way.
Feel for you and your boy mate .
There were loads of kids excited for that today , but not one Fck was given by the club. Another example of complete disregard for the paying punters or grass roots bears coming through .

First title in ten years since we nearly lost our club ? Be early in your seats , don’t miss it , etc etc . Didn’t even use a proper flagpole we had david Graham holding onto some garage forecourt effort and the flag upside down . Small time

Not that difficult to find what we did last time. Very different.

Was definitely much more when we won the championship as well, big card display, firework things, UB display, the trophy out next to the flag and a flag that was the right way round :D

Not sure what the point of moving flag day was if that’s all we got?

Edit: video here shows it

I've honestly no idea what some folk were expecting today, I found the build up it got pretty baffling. It was the same as "flag day" has always been. It's never really been a thing. The chairman unfurls the league flag, big cheer and applause, game kicks off.
Exactly.

Plus we are now halfway through September and havent exactly had the most amazing start to the season.

Didn’t want to be a buzzkill when I seen it thought it was pish. Not expecting the players to get involved of course but that deserved a bigger showcase for all the fans efforts last year

literally just seen it and was like.. is that it?

i accept it has been a while, but it was how its always been. Just before kick off someone, usually the chairman, comes out and unfurls the flag. we all cheer, then the football begins.

Back