What an anti climax that was before the game

Good to see David Graham getting involved raising the flag for no reason whatsoever. A big build up for a big letdown from those at the club who arranged that rubbish flag

Really poor, as others have said.
Minimum should have been a short speech re the past, moving forward now etc.
Maybe a younger bear helping unfurl the flag as a nod to the future.

Was pretty hard to see it from CD6.

I thought they might’ve had it in the centre circle but ended up just out from the touchline

That's a poor excuse for not being arsed doing anything for it mate I'm afraid. The fans all made the effort to get in early today with zero effort in return from the club.

Our poor start to the season probably tempered the appetite from the club for this “flag day”. Although you’re right - it’s a poor excuse.

I can just imagine our directors talking to each other at 14:50 today….. “aw ffs, here we go… we should just’ve got this malarkey out the way against Livi 7 wks ago”

So disappointing. I felt sorry for all the people that were carrying inflatable cups and balls after the game. They went to more effort than the club did.

Flag days are usually a bit of a damp squib but I really thought they'd have pulled out all the stops for celebrating 55, even if it was five months ago we lifted the trophy.

Reactions: VGM
I genuinely don’t remember it being anything other than flag raised and then a round of applause. Someone can correct me if I am wrong

have we ever had a flag day following 18 months of supporting the club with thousands of pounds whilst not being able to support the club in person? I'm 30 y/old and I've never had to wait 10 years between 'flag days' either. It deserved a bit more than a round of applause.

Embarrassing to say the least

We have endured a decade of absolute shyte - been tossed down to bottom tier of the SFL, been used as an asset to sell TV rights, leagues forced into SPFL to prevent us going after old SPL.

Last year was the end of a journey through Hell, there should have been a montage of "the journey" - the Rangers fans stood by the club when others hid away.

As a poster above put it we are back to the bad days of " give us yer money, sit down and shut up"

Only thing that surprised me is that we never had a sponsor or a "partner" plastered all over the shoe box they used

Then the guy came out with a wee barrow and carried the whole thing away: it could not have been more amateurish if they had tried. When you consider that we had been kicked into the fourth tier of Scottish football and worked our way up the hard way it was, well disappointing to say the least.

have we ever had a flag day following 18 months of supporting the club with thousands of pounds whilst not being able to support the club in person? I'm 30 y/old and I've never had to wait 10 years between 'flag days' either. It deserved a bit more than a round of applause.
See for everyone quoting me.

I am only pointing out that it’s how I remember it always is. I was not involved in the organisation of today :)

See for everyone quoting me.

I am only pointing out that it’s how I remember it always is. I was not involved in the organisation of today :)

I get that but today wasn't a normal celebration, it deserved a bit of imagination. That's before you notice that our championship flag day was night and day in comparison to today.

I stand by my theory that if the club aren't benefitting financially then the club arent bothered

I expected something. Anything.

No speech from a director, no fireworks, no effort. Nothing.

surely (and I say this with a massive hint of sarcasm) the management at the club would have sat down and asked a simple question. What would the fans like?

am i wide of the mark here? Or, given the effort of having a flag raising day, they would have made some form of effort.
It was pish. I expected the team to be present at least

Was expecting something akin to this

samba-passista.gif
Not sure Mr Parkes would fit into those to be honest.

But if he gave a fuuck about the fans he would at least have tried...shameful.

I get that but today wasn't a normal celebration, it deserved a bit of imagination. That's before you notice that our championship flag day was night and day in comparison to today.

I stand by my theory that if the club aren't benefitting financially then the club arent bothered
The last paragraph is spot on. I await the Castore replica flags being released soon.

I’m joking of course (kind of)

To be honest, it’s done and perhaps it’s not such a bad thing the club don’t see it as the biggest event of the season.

55 is over.
It was fucking brilliant. The greatest party I’ve ever had. The most memorable trophy we’ve ever won.
The players will go down in history and be remembered forever.

But that’s later. In the future.
The more we keep revelling in it the more we push it closer to a “one off”

Big clubs move on from their successes and on to the next one.

Do we not spend over £20m per season on non-player salaries, that seems far far too high, a bit suspicious if you ask me.

A lot of freeloaders milking fans.

Whilst I am careful not to derail the thread, and to keep a portion of this comment on track I agree it did feel like an anti-climax, especially after asked to be seated for 2:45pm.

But on to this quoted comment. What an absolute pile of nonsense this is.

I've been to plenty of flag days and that's pretty much how I remember it. I dare say if we had it when sky covered the game then we would have had the razzmatazz from them though

Everything about the club is so lacklustre. No buzz around the place at all, very strange.
That's something I have noticed. Even the manager doesn't seem to have the enthusiasm he had last season.
Maybe I am reading it wrong who knows. It just feels mundane to me.

The management team wanted the ceremony done v Livi. They didn’t want a fanfare etc as want to look forward not back.

Spent those 9 grim years dreaming of flag day, picturing the outpouring of emotion, a Churchillian speech, a thank you to the fans that packed out games in Division 3. Reality is, we’re Rangers - we win and we move on. The 55 joy was expended that glorious day in George Square, this was just reheated leftovers; an afterthought. Still would’ve loved Dave King to be there though.

surely (and I say this with a massive hint of sarcasm) the management at the club would have sat down and asked a simple question. What would the fans like?

am i wide of the mark here? Or, given the effort of having a flag raising day, they would have made some form of effort.
Couldn't agree more. First words out of my mouth "is that it"

Whilst I am careful not to derail the thread, and to keep a portion of this comment on track I agree it did feel like an anti-climax, especially after asked to be seated for 2:45pm.

But on to this quoted comment. What an absolute pile of nonsense this is.

I've heard people say that our wage bill is now about £50m per season, only about £30m of that is on player salaries, for an SPL club about £20m on non-player salaries is far far too high.

It was absolutely dreadful. A complete anti- climax.
I was expecting fireworks. A resounding speech and then as the flag was raised the song that had the stadium roaring after we beat Celtic. I'm feeling it. Instead it was something resembling a wake and it set the time for the rest of the day.

The
It was embarrassingly lacklustre.

“Be in your seats early”

For that?
If ever there was evidence the matchday PA entertainment must be revamped it was this. It was absolutely dreadful.

I actually wish Dungcaster was there today now. At least it would have created an atmosphere.

Back