What brave hack will stand up to Liewell ?

Thatcher Loyal

Was it a coincidence that Keith Jackson was allowed back in the knew camp last week ? I now can't think of one hack that could possibly have taken Liewell to task.
Because I listened to Radio Scotland on the way home from the Match last night and you had Hugh McDonald salivating over Liewells statement.Derek Ferguson the pet poodle couldn't articulate the case against the others and could only say that he was sick of the whole thing.
I find it worrying that we don't have one hack in this country who is prepared to say that this is wrong and it's time to move on for everyone in the game.
At one time you had Iain King or Daryll King who would have lent a friendly ear . However, I can't think of anyone now who will stand up to Celtic and Liewell. Very sad!

There is not one, they are all running scared of him. Next move is to get Regan potted, and replace him with someone who will agree to Liewells terns.

Look what happened to the journalist who recently ran an article stating Lawell ran Scottish football. He was out of a job the very next day after their Mafia unearthed social media comments made years earlier.

None of these spineless clowns would get a job outside of this country, and none of them will stand up to Liewell or the filth.
Most of them are poets.

There is not one, they are all running scared of him. Next move is to get Regan potted, and replace him with someone who will agree to Liewells terns.
100% this, Hugh McDonald was pushing this last night. They are fly fucks though, they talk as if they are looking at what could happen, yet its always from one angle!!

If I remember correctly the last person who wrote a negative article about Liewell lost his job. Even if a journalist was brave enough to do he would need to be backed up by his editor/boss.

No one.They are scared fucking shitless of the fat Japanese,especially the arsewipe keech jackson.

The only reporter I trust is Chris jack, but seeing as his job is to cover Rangers, I don't see it as being in his brief to go after lawwell

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell has been accused of running Scottish football.

The claim was made by ex-St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour on BBC's radio show Sportsound.

When prompted to discuss if the big clubs are part of a cabal running the SPFL, Gilmour responded: "I think you're hitting the nail right on the head. I think that's one of the problems of having a weak Rangers , shall we say, obviously they're coming back and I don't mean any offence whatsoever in that.

"I think it was healthier for the game when we had a strong Rangers so we had two particularly strong clubs."

Presenter Kenny McIntyre then asked Gilmour the question 'Who is running Scottish football?', to which Gilmour had no doubt.

"Oh, Kenny I don't think you need to ask me that. Are you trying to tell me that Peter's not pulling the strings? Peter Lawwell ?

"And by the way I don't mean any offence to Peter. Peter's job is the chief executive of Celtic Football Club and in terms of that job and his key primary role, Peter does a fantastic job.

"Does Peter do a great job for Scottish football? Hmm. How many times are we talking about new TV deals and various other things and trying to promote the game - and what comes out the box again? Us [Celtic] going to England.

"Some of the chairmen that attend the meetings will not take Peter on. I think he's got too much power on other clubs."

Hamilton chairman Les Gray was also on the show and disagreed with Gilmour, citing his time on the SPFL board and praised all clubs for coming together in the last few years to agree reconstruction.

Gilmour says Neil Doncaster's time is up as SPFL chief executive and claimed there was a loose agreement to oust him back in 2012.

He said: "If you look back through the whole Rangers saga and chairmen of Premier League clubs, and I won't embarrass them this evening, sat in a room in Gleneagles and said: 'Let's get all this sorted first of all and then we'll sort him."

Host McIntyre asked if he meant they wanted Doncaster gone, Gilmour added: "Yes. Chairmen of current Premier League clubs They all said 'we'll get the amalgamation [creation of SPFL] sorted then we'll sort that.

"He's got no credibility with supporters. It's the way he has conducted himself throughout the whole time."

Former Buddies chairman Gilmour expressed his bemusement at certain kick-off times that take place due to television broadcasting of games, but was put on the spotlight by the panel when asked if he signed off on those TV deals.

"No one wants to watch football on a Saturday at 5.15pm, or at 4 on a Sunday," Gilmour said, but presenter McIntyre interrupted to ask why he couldn't have spoken up about the issue when he was in charge at the Paisley club.

"Don't blame the TV companies. If you agree to that deal and that contract, you can hardly complain at what time they want to play the games. You jumped into bed with the devil," said the Daily Mail's Stephen McGowan.

Who the %^*& does he think he is?

He has left the Sfa or whatever he was in to start all of the shite again.

He will team up with that smelly twat emoji with the mask from the old forum to knock out shite.

Propoganda? Naw just a wank.

What brave hack will stand up to Lawwel?

The same ones who have taken sellik to task over their sordid past, ie none.

No one! their power and infleuence is way above the heads of mere hacks.
Only our club and support can highlight this papish driven agenda.
Where on our own unfortunately.

Not one will. They're all scum fans or cowards. Our only hope is the club coming out fighting but IMO, that simply won't happen. Apart from Spiers, I can't think of anyone I hate and detest as much as Lawwell.

They're all scared. Scary thing is - any reporter who did would instantly one of, if not the most popular reporter in Scotland.

We cannot rely on any reporters as none have the backbone to challenge Liewell.

Report on Liewell in a negative way and your finished as a sports journalist up here. We need an English based friendly journo to ask the questions.

source.gif
source.gif

You are having a laugh, he controls the media, they are all terrified to report the truth to safeguard their jobs

The only chance we have is where the story is massive and a UK journalist gets the case

They are all under the fat wanks spell

This country is corrupt to the core. Cults, football club, media, legal profession.

The press in this country are an affront to journalism.

Hanging effigies? Never mind that when there was damage to the toilet.

Tax Evading Film Schemes? Move along nothing to see

Players assaulted on the pitch? Rangers fans were on the pitch too, case closed.

Hibs manager taunts fans? He has had a hard time so is allowed to respond

It goes on and on and on.

As for someone in the press acting with integrity and balance, not likely

It's our club that needs to stand up to him.

It certainly is.

However (and let's be quite fecking honest here) -- for one reason or another, that's not going to happen.

We can wonder about why not forever -- is it incompetence, or is the Board actually happy to let the club be the constant, easy target for any di*k in the British media ?
Whatever -- we are the ONLY major football club (indeed, sporting club) in the world that is constantly smeared and maligned at every level, over the widest spectrum, without having any sort of effective PR machine in place (how long has that "consultation" been going on re PR now ?)

One thing that we may not be considering here -- why should we expect a hack to stand up for us, when our own Board won't ?

Maybe if the Club had actually stood up for itself, its players and its fans over the last few years -- maybe just maybe, a few reporters would have thought we weren't such a lost cause.
Because so far as they're concerned, we are now.

No hack in Scotland will stand up against Liewell for the sake of their jobs. Whatever happened to sporting integrity?

They have a cheek to call themselves Journalists, cowards everyone of them, the Fat Japanese's hole must be crowded with the Scottish lickspittle media.

This is all too true stand up against them well not even stand up just disagree with something they say and they will start an agenda to discredit you make you anti Irish with plenty of support from the media totally rancid club

The problem we have is that the media in this country is extremely partisan, It's a lost cause, they have complete control over it so any attempts by the club to stand up for itself or put out any positive news is ignored or mocked.

They have had years and no-one has questioned his motives, why would they start now?

The kind of journalism that's required for that is gone and isn't coming back; not in this backwater anyway.

Was it a coincidence that Keith Jackson was allowed back in the knew camp last week ? I now can't think of one hack that could possibly have taken Liewell to task.
Because I listened to Radio Scotland on the way home from the Match last night and you had Hugh McDonald salivating over Liewells statement.Derek Ferguson the pet poodle couldn't articulate the case against the others and could only say that he was sick of the whole thing.
I find it worrying that we don't have one hack in this country who is prepared to say that this is wrong and it's time to move on for everyone in the game.
At one time you had Iain King or Daryll King who would have lent a friendly ear . However, I can't think of anyone now who will stand up to Celtic and Liewell. Very sad!
A bunch of spineless biased cretins.

Davie Provan said this yesterday:

"WHEN it comes to protecting Celtic’s interests, Peter Lawwell is like a dog with a bone.

While the SFA are ducking a review into Rangers’ EBT scheme, you can bet Lawwell won’t let it go.

It’s what Celtic supporters expect of him.

Strange then, he’s not uttered a word on the Financial Fair Play rammy ahead of Tuesday’s visit of Paris St Germain...."

The Mhankies caused a ref strike, Rhegan then lied to foreign refs to get them over here as cover, and still no-one, not even fans of other clubs, will see what the problem is with Scottish football.

I'd like to hear Richard Wilson's take on this as he's about the most balanced journo I have heard in a while.

Maybe he too has the fear now (though I'd like to think not).

I'd like to hear Richard Wilson's take on this as he's about the most balanced journo I have heard in a while.

Maybe he too has the fear now (though I'd like to think not).

I agree - I'd like to hear from Wilson. He's been the only objective voice that talks with sanity over the past few years.

Back