What channel German football

I’ve enjoyed this Frankfurt BMG game, it’s been attacking and not lacking in bite with the tackles.

Yes, strange with the crowd but needs must.

To be honest, listening to Martin Keown is a much more grim situation than the lack of atmosphere.

He’s fucking chronic.

Last edited:
I would say the thrashing Dortmund fished out was a result of crowd

Nothing to do with the fact Dortmund have a better manager, players, tactics etc. Only chance Schalke would have had would have been BVB bottling it in front of their own fans.

This game has died, though. It's nothing to do with the fans. Just BMB have better players.

Would actually love to see an Old Firm game in this context. Am convinced we'd do them by 4 or 5.

Ludicrous defending from Hinteregger who despite being on the losing side has not looked bad and a threat at set pieces.

How much? :D

I’ve enjoyed it, amazed how many people are shocked what football is like without fans - surely people must have seen matches before with no fans?

Far too many people just wanting a moan about absolutely anything.

Bundesliga is miles behind the Premier League, at times it can be awful but it can also be good to watch due to the mentality rather than quality at times. Dortmund v Bayern could be a peach in 10 days, must be a positive right now.

Seen 30 seconds of highlights and just confirmed that I wont be bothering to tune into crowdless games.

3-1 to Gladbach against Frankfurt in the end. More tomorrow starting with Greuther Furth v Hamburg at 12:30pm.

Not like there is much else to be at these days so this football helps and gives us something else to watch and chat about with mates.

1st Dortmund goal was brilliant.

Like a few posters have mentioned I really struggle to watch any games other than ourselves these days.

The Bundesliga is pretty much about the fan experience so no surprise it's shite to watch with no fans

Enjoyed it today, I felt "normal" for the first time since this shite all kicked off. Few beers watching the football, the WhatsApp alerts from mates going off at the first goal etc

Didnt bother me no crowd, pleased it is back

Anyone decided to follow a random Bundesliga team to make it more interesting? Keep seeing quizzes and guides to who you should support. Got Cologne in one and Dortmund in another lol.

Shame there’s no Hamburg. Saw them play 2 years ago and it was a brilliant day out, plenty of Rangers gear on show as well.

So today's games are:
Greuther Furth vs Hamburg at 12.30pm
Koln vs Mainz at 2.30pm
Union Berlin vs Bayern Munich at 5pm.

I’ve enjoyed it, amazed how many people are shocked what football is like without fans - surely people must have seen matches before with no fans?

Far too many people just wanting a moan about absolutely anything.

Bundesliga is miles behind the Premier League, at times it can be awful but it can also be good to watch due to the mentality rather than quality at times. Dortmund v Bayern could be a peach in 10 days, must be a positive right now.

Bundesliga is never miles behind the EPL, absolute nonsense

Bundesliga is never miles behind the EPL, absolute nonsense

Is for me, been going regular for last 7 years and lived out there for 2 of them. Been 46 of the top 3 division grounds watching over 100 matches in that time and my job entails work following it. Outside the top 5 the standard is very weak in the Bundesliga, Sheff Utd for example would be favs to beat Schalke over 2 legs. Norwich are far stronger than say Paderborn and once you get in to Bundesliga 2 compared to the Championship it is very weak, anyone who watches both regular will back this up I feel. A lot of the time a Bundesliga match can be better entertainment than a Premier League match because of the number of errors, Bundesliga is horrendous for example at defending set pieces - something even Guardiola couldn’t even sort out (cost him getting to a CL Final with Bayern). Off the pitch obviously it’s much better but poor Journalism has led to many in Britain thinking every ticket in Germany is 15 quid and all trains are free on match day - sad when the reality is good enough.

Keen to hear your thoughts on it all or anyone else’s who watches both on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Regarding the no fans thing, we all know it’s worse without fans but I find it intriguing to see how players will react without them and just how much they will put in.

There are two huge matches coming up live on BT in the week commencing May 25th. BVB v Bayern and Stuttgart v HSV, now one will go a long one way to deciding the Title and the other a long way to deciding automatic promotion involving arguably the two biggest Clubs outside the Bundesliga - must be interesting to see how players do in those matches surely.

Is for me, been going regular for last 7 years and lived out there for 2 of them. Been 46 of the top 3 division grounds watching over 100 matches in that time and my job entails work following it. Outside the top 5 the standard is very weak in the Bundesliga, Sheff Utd for example would be favs to beat Schalke over 2 legs. Norwich are far stronger than say Paderborn and once you get in to Bundesliga 2 compared to the Championship it is very weak, anyone who watches both regular will back this up I feel. A lot of the time a Bundesliga match can be better entertainment than a Premier League match because of the number of errors, Bundesliga is horrendous for example at defending set pieces - something even Guardiola couldn’t even sort out (cost him getting to a CL Final with Bayern). Off the pitch obviously it’s much better but poor Journalism has led to many in Britain thinking every ticket in Germany is 15 quid and all trains are free on match day - sad when the reality is good enough.

Keen to hear your thoughts on it all or anyone else’s who watches both on a regular basis.

Id say every league in the world if you look past the top 4/5 sides the standard isn’t that great. Sheff Utd wouldn’t be bookies fav against Schalke though over two legs. :))

Id say every league in the world if you look past the top 4/5 sides the standard isn’t that great. Sheff Utd wouldn’t be bookies fav against Schalke though over two legs. :))

Fair enough, I would make them favs - all about opinions. What particular strengths do you see in the Schalke squad right now over Sheff Utd?

I would have Gladbach bigger than 2/1 over two legs against the Premier League top 5 as well.

The top 10 in England are far better than the top 10 in Belgium for example. You would probably fancy the current West Ham squad over the current Brugge squad, same season in season out for a mid table Premier League side against the Belgian Champions.

There are absolutely stacks of leagues where the Champions are poor, let alone the top 4/5. I’m no fan of the Premier League but recognise its quality is superior to the Bundesliga overall.

Last edited:
One thing this layoff has done is bring the big leagues down to the level of football in this country lol
Going by the Hertha game I'm watching :))

If they are down levels, then WHIT the fuuk will we be watchin when we resume.

Freiburg beat Leipzig. Not a ‘shock’ as such but definitely not expected

Edit: I’m talking shite!!!!!

That was the game I watched. Thought it was a decent enough watch. The chances Leipzig passed up were criminal though. Schick should have burst the net and a minute later it looked as though they conceded to lose the game and were saved by VAR.

Reactions: VGM
I got BT Sport free but logged in today to find the deal has expired. HAve to call them to see how much they want now,.

That was the game I watched. Thought it was a decent enough watch. The chances Leipzig passed up were criminal though. Schick should have burst the net and a minute later it looked as though they conceded to lose the game and were saved by VAR.

That’s what happens out there a lot, plenty of chances but poor finishing, however, the better sides are often safe in the knowledge another chance will come along - look how many chances there were in the Frankfurt/Gladbach match.

Bad news for HSV fans. I've tuned in for this one and I can't remember the last time I watched one of their games and they didn't get beat.

'kin hell...stinking badge and kit from the home side. Like Panathinaikos and the mentally challengeds had a deformed baby.

Is there a club anywhere in the world further from where they should be than Hamburg?

Difficult to think of anyone bigger, more famous or evocative other than Bayern and probably Dortmund. And they've been so utterly rotten for so long.

Back