What classic Rangers songs would you like to see being sung at Ibrox again?

Swing low sweet chariot . Gerrard fuc ked you’re ten in a row.

It’s coming home, it’s coming home the league flag coming home.

Have you ever seen Gerrard win the league.

Last edited:
Wolverhampton Town a classic, but agree it’s not as easy as other Rangers songs to sing

Paisley Road West another belter

Finally I'm making this up as I need attention: on Rangers Radio a new song for me, “ Doing the bouncy all over the world “

As I Was Walking Down The Copland Road, I Met A Bunch Of Strangers, And They Said To Me Are You Going To See, The Famous Glasgow Rangers. So I Took Them Up To Ibrox Park, To See The Flags Unfurl, After That Display They Had To Say They're The Champions Of The World. Some People Can Write Songs About The Land That They Adore And Some Of How They Fought And Won Their Countries Greatest Wars, Some Others Still Seem Quite Content To Use Another Theme, But I Can Write A Song About The Famous Football Team. As I Was Walking Down The Copland Road, I Met A Bunch Of Strangers, And They Said To Me Are You Going To See, The Famous Glasgow Rangers.

People on here are always searching for an anthem that would rival the Liverpool one and this is it IMO. Would sound powerful as %^*& with thousands belting it out.

Really wish there was someone employed at the club who would at least pretend to be interested in this kind of thing.
We have one, It's called ' Simply the Best' until the section of fans obsessed with the Pope and the IRA ruined it

There's a fair list of songs that were sung at Ibrox years ago but you don't hear them nowadays. What would like to see sung at full voice again during games?
Green grassy slopes
Ballad of jock Wallace
Ballad of Sam English

UB do well bringing the songs back however

this going again at Ibrox would be class, and BB but change it to to selik blood

Say what you like but the Billy Boys at Ibrox at games v Celtic or European games is deafening. It’s a just a chant that gets the place absolutely up for it. It’s been illegal for some time and obviously I doubt we’ll hear it ever again with the entirety of Ibrox unsurprisingly.

‘Every other Saturday’, is my favourite Rangers song by far.

Got it going in The Auctioneers, a good few times during the cup final, and it was tremendous.

Outstanding song.

Derry's Walls to the tune of 'The Lord's My Shepherd'.

You can hear it here v Bayern Munich in 1972, from 11m 52s ...

I came across the first leg, too. I've never seen this footage before ...

The billy boys it and always will be our anthem drop the word 19th Century Terrorist for celtic/pedo and job done.
Even if you changed the words to fairy dumplings they would still be offended...

In some shape or form it must return..50,000 bears belting that out would make some noise and atmosphere

Hello Hello, How Do You Do
We Are The Boys In Royal Blue
Where E'er We Go, We Fear No Foe
We'll Keep The Blue Flag Flying High

Oh Flying High Up In The Sky
Where E'er We Go, We Fear No Foe

Ever since I recall, I have followed football and deep in my heart is the Rangers FC,
Through good times and bad, be they happy or sad, it's always been Rangers for me.

When I was a lad I was led by the hand down the Paisley Rd. West; I will never forget, that beautiful sight of the red, blue and white, from that day I'd be Rangers for life.

I only noticed when we sung it at easter Road, but The Sash doesn't get sung much these days. I can't help wonder if it is tied to the banning of The Billy Boys. Follow, Follow, TBB, The Cry, and The Sash were mainstays of our songbook. I know one is banned but i'd like to hear the other three more often. Only 'The Cry' seems to get an airing these days, and even then it's sporadic. Follow Follow seems to have been restricted to before the teams come out.

Derry’s Walls to the sound of amazing grace would be utterly spine tingling in big games.

Rangers Easy OK in Vienna was great - bring it back.
Wish fields of Ulster would get a more prominent airing.

Always thought 3000 bears at Easter road/tynecastle belting out The Courtroom would sound orgasmic.

There's a fair list of songs that were sung at Ibrox years ago but you don't hear them nowadays. What would like to see sung at full voice again during games?
Good post, like a few of new ones but you cant beat the old stuff, cant be helped as its just the way some songs are written but think some of stuff we have is lacking true volume & at end of day thats what lifts the players, we also have the restrictions placed upon us by the Rangers haters so maybe a lyric change here or there so we can keep the songs, ie we hate celtic 'paedophile b@stards' etc, favourite amongst my own lads who go to games but not really done inside ground..

FU@K THEM ALL
FU@K THEM ALL
THE CELTIC, THE HIBEES
THEM ALL,
FOR WE ARE THE RANGERS
AND WE ARE THE BEST
WE ARE THE RANGERS
SO FU@K ALL THE REST..... Rpt

Back