What could have been...

CaptainCourageous

Had the board acted professionally since appointing Pedro Caixinha and Mark Allen along with witnessing last season's mess, Progreś Niederkorn and the struggles there after.

I'm not saying league winners, a cup double but had we been organised, disciplined and having a clear plan of action in place, our season could have been so different. The international break was the time to act. Six behind in the league with a cup still to play for. Still salvageable, all to play for.

New manager in, time with players, home match against Hamilton to start off the new era - to get the three wins in a row monkey off our back and build up confidence and momentum. We could have have gone to Dens Park last night with a win taking us into 2nd place, not only that but narrowing the gap to 3.

That then puts pressure on others around us.

Instead, we have acted like a Saturday morning amateur club all but writing our season off six months before it finishes.

The sad thing is that lessons will not have been learned and we will still plod along making the same mistakes, errors whilst going through the motions.

An Aberdeen double header up next with interim manager in charge.

Had the board acted professionally since appointing Pedro Caixinha and Mark Allen along with witnessing last season's mess, Progreś Niederkorn and the struggles there after.

I'm not saying league winners, a cup double but had we been organised, disciplined and having a clear plan of action in place, our season could have been so different. The international break was the time to act. Six behind in the league with a cup still to play for. Still salvageable, all to play for.

New manager in, time with players, home match against Hamilton to start off the new era - to get the three wins in a row monkey off our back and build up confidence and momentum. We could have have gone to Dens Park last night with a win taking us into 2nd place, not only that but narrowing the gap to 3.

That then puts pressure on others around us.

Instead, we have acted like a Saturday morning amateur club all but writing our season off six months before it finishes.

The sad thing is that lessons will not have been learned and we will still plod along making the same mistakes, errors whilst going through the motions.

An Aberdeen double header up next with interim manager in charge.

I don't want McLeish but he would get the team playing much better than that shambles last night.

Been one disaster after another - it seems to me the board take ages to act on any decision they make

The Barton fiasco that dragged on and on - then saying Warburton resigned and him insisting he hadn’t

The amount of time to appoint Pedro then appointing him before a DoF - not having a plan in place after progress defeat

The whole Kenny miller is he a leak is he not a leak

Look a know we’ve been in worst places than now but it’s hard to see any improvement in the team for the investment made

Garner, MOH, Sendaross, Rossitter, Pena, Herrera, Forrester, and over the next few months maybe Alves, Cardosa could be added to the list

The money wasted on fees and wages for players above is negligent - our hit rate of success on transfers is abysmal

I don't want McLeish but he would get the team playing much better than that shambles last night.

Would he?

How do you know?

Last seen failing in Egyptian football, before that Belgian and hasn’t done anything of note as a manager since Walter was still here - a lifetime ago in football terms.

He was once a decent manager, but he’s quite evidently on the scrap heap these days.

It may very well be McLeish until the end of the season, but the idea he’s going to turn the clock back a dozen years looks fanciful at best.

Would he?

How do you know?

Last seen failing in Egyptian football, before that Belgian and hasn’t done anything of note as a manager since Walter was still here - a lifetime ago in football terms.

He was once a decent manager, but he’s quite evidently on the scrap heap these days.

It may very well be McLeish until the end of the season, but the idea he’s going to turn the clock back a dozen years looks fanciful at best.

We were a disorganised shambles he would have at least got that right.

I don't know.Its all right saying a new manager in place could have changed the results IN hamilton and Dundee games but that is not certain.Can anything really be done with these players?It even takes a few games for players to get a new managers instructions right.Since Pedro left its even got worse,I think some players such as Alves and others are not interested.

I too thought, know what it’s only 6 points. We’ve still 3 games against them and surely they’ve got to lose some time. Keep the pressure on with a few wins on the trot
Then bam. Hamilton & Dundee happen

We were a disorganised shambles he would have at least got that right.

On what do you base that though?

The fact he did it 12 years ago and pyoor knows what it’s all about?

You may very well be right mate, but you have to admit, it’s not based on any empirical evidence - his career has been in steady decline for 6 or 7 years now.

I sense there’s such desperation around the manager's position at the minute that people are flailing around clutching at every and any straw they see.

Someone was genuinely touting Billy Davies until the end of the season last night, FFS!

On what do you base that though?

The fact he did it 12 years ago and pyoor knows what it’s all about?

You may very well be right mate, but you have to admit, it’s not based on any empirical evidence - his career has been in steady decline for 6 or 7 years now.

I sense there’s such desperation around the manager's position at the minute that people are flailing around clutching at every and any straw they see.

Someone was genuinely touting Billy Davies until the end of the season last night, FFS!

I would have Davies before most mentioned as he's a good manager.

His sordid private life and the fact he's a bit of a nutcase has put pay to that though.

McLeish can organise a team dull and boring but strong defensively and his teams can grind out results, I don't want him only passed comment that he would have us better organised.

I was amazed when they released the statement saying there was no rush to appoint the manager, like you say the international break was obviously the time to bring someone in.

Everton are getting a lot of abuse for not appointing a manager but at least they have tried, we appear to have done nothing while unnecessarily letting the season collopase.

Can only assume there is something major going on behind the scenes and we will learn more at the agm

I don't know.Its all right saying a new manager in place could have changed the results IN hamilton and Dundee games but that is not certain.Can anything really be done with these players?It even takes a few games for players to get a new managers instructions right.Since Pedro left its even got worse,I think some players such as Alves and others are not interested.

Worse sides than us manage to put together winning runs.

Surely a man with a bit of presence, respect and tactical awareness could have done better over the last two games?

The support were shouting at Murty to change it at Ibrox, he failed to do do. Last night Murty failed to make changes, Neil McCann made a few tweaks in play and the rest is history. We lost to Dundee, a team who had won two home games all season. They've now won three - that's more than what we have won at Ibrox.

Worse sides than us manage to put together winning runs.

Surely a man with a bit of presence, respect and tactical awareness could have done better over the last two games?

The support were shouting at Murty to change it at Ibrox, he failed to do do. Last night Murty failed to make changes, Neil McCann made a few tweaks in play and the rest is history. We lost to Dundee, a team who had won two home games all season. They've now won three - that's more than what we have won at Ibrox.
You maybe right.Its all ifs and buts.Its just a bloody shambles and totally depressing.

It is all if's and but's but end of the day we should have been prepared - Ready!

It's one of the many reasons as to why we've had so much success in the past and why we are the worlds most successful.

Any new manager has a difficult job trying to turn the current squad into a team. We have a dressing room full of dross and underachievers.

I went to Ibrox last Saturday thinking that if we could win our next three games we could put ourselves in a good position to mount a challenge. I have no hesitation in pointing the finger at our Board's delay in appointing a new manager as the main reason why this did not happen.
Well said,I was of the same thinking.

Motherwell win their game in hand and we drop to 5th in the league, whilst 2 weeks ago we could have been 2nd. I know we have a few injuries, but team selection and leadership both on and off the pitch are totally lacking.

We continue on our present journey,i dread to think where we are going to end up,big lack of confidence right through our club.

The fact is we are a laughing stock. I live in Spain and work amongst English fans and it's been an absolute riddy.
Warburton resigned even though he hadn't, Charles Greene on a hospital bed crying. Constant nonsense with Ashley. Pedro talking about caravans and dogs and about a million other nonsense things.

The sooner is resolved and we are respected again the better.

The board are out of their depth and performing as badly as the playing and managerial staff. The whole club, from top to bottom, is currently unfit for purpose. As the debt grows, the performances get worse.

Any new manager has a difficult job trying to turn the current squad into a team. We have a dressing room full of dross and underachievers.

That's what separates the managers with ability to the ones without.

We've a squad better than the likes of an Aberdeen, Hibs and Motherwell.

We've been appalling this season yet could be only 3 behind the bheggars.

A proper football manager would find a way to grind out wins. There would be no shoehorning and the weekly underachievers would be dumped.

unfortunately this team, no matter who comes in, does not have the necessary backbone and heart to fill the jersey. This is a matter of fact now. If anyone cant see this then the blue glasses need to come off. there is no magic wand that will turn this lot into winners.

Does anyone think that we would've lost against Hamilton ur Dundee if Pedro was still in charge?

Back