What designs of keep jerseys did The Goalie wear in his time at Ibrox?

Don’t have the list/pics to hand but obviously seen a load of photos the last few days and really wish we’d bring back some of the more eccentric goalie top designs.

Would actually be a decent tribute to Goram to re-make one of the designs he wore, albeit likely too late for this season.

Found this online
kits.jpg

kits1.jpg

Add to the Adidas ones above at least 2 Admiral ones red and yellow and the 97-99 Nike grey and yellow jerseys

The one I really liked was the white Adidas one with the red and blue stripes on the sleeves and blue collar and cuffs.
I bought the Nike one when it was in the sale, mainly to wind up one of the guys I played 5s with.

As soon as I see the red goalie kit by adidas in 92/93 My memory goes straight to Goram denying Cantona time & time again at Elland Road, then being there four days later at the Piggery. He was immense again in a 1-0 win over them. Two of his best displays, four days apart. The only genuine World Class Scottish player I think I’ve seen since following Rangers since ‘83.

I had just about every keeper top going back then, the spiderman, all white and the sunset were my favourites, wish we could have the Ibrox main stand in our home kits for a change

The all white reminds me of Andy Dibble though

Admiral, adidas and nike.

The kit in my avatar was my favourite, as far as I am aware there were only the player ones made. Goram also wore an orange and grey version of that top - no other club or country had that colour combination on that design.

He didn't wear the sunset one or the purple adidas with the black stripes released second adidas season I think, but randomly wore a black with black stripes version of the purple one during the 9-in-a-row season.

Wore an adidas one with no RFC but had McEwans Lager away to Hibs and at home to Aberdeen (3-1 game where Aitken had them 1-0 up at half-time and we were immense second half).

From my memory he wore:

3 x Admiral one with black shoulder pads in grey, red and yellow.

2 x Adidas 92 with the shoulder stripes in red/silver stripes and yellow/red stripes. (Edit - there was also a silver and black version of this so 3 colour schemes of this style).

3 x Adidas 94 Predator kit (my avator) in yellow/red, purple/grey and orange/grey.

2 x Adidas 95 tiger style (3 stripes across the body) in orange/yellow and light blue/grey.

1 x Adidas 96 plain white with the red and blue shoulder stripes.

2 x Nike first season in plain grey and plain yellow.

Plus the two random ones I said earlier and an even more random umbro (Ajax style) yellow kit v Auxerre in Champions League.

That is just my memory but don't think I have missed any. Think that is 17 different tops worn in competitive matches.

Last edited:

The kit in my avatar was my favourite, as far as I am aware there were only the player ones made. Goram also wore an orange and grey version of that top - no other club or country had that colour combination on that design.

He didn't wear the sunset one or the purple adidas with the black stripes released second adidas season I think, but randomly wore a black with black stripes version of the purple one during the 9-in-a-row season.

Wore an adidas one with no RFC but had McEwans Lager away to Hibs and at home to Aberdeen (3-1 game where Aitken had them 1-0 up at half-time and we were immense second half).

From my memory he wore:

2 x Adidas 92 with the shoulder stripes in red/silver stripes and yellow/red stripes.

3 x Adidas 94 Predator kit (my avator) in yellow/red, purple/grey and orange/grey.

2 x Adidas 95 tiger style (3 stripes across the body) in orange/yellow and light blue/grey.

Plus the two random ones I said earlier and an even more random umbro (Ajax style) yellow kit v Auxerre in Champions League.

That is just my memory but don't think I have missed any. Think that is 16 different tops worn in competitive matches.
He also liked to wear shirts from previous seasons.

I'm sure the 92/93 yellow was worn as late as 1995.

Admiral - Red, Yellow & Grey (I'm sure the Grey was worn against Hearts)
Adidas 1st Gen - Red, Yellow & Grey
Adidas 2nd Gen - Predator Range / Turtle - Red/Yellow/Black, Purple/Grey/Black. The third version Orange/Grey/Black was only worn by Maxwell
Adidas 3rd Gen - Pizza Puke - Orange/Yellow/White/Black & Blue/Grey/White/Black
Adidas 4th Gen - Ibrox & White
Nike - Yellow or Grey, the Red one wasn't introduced until 1998/99

From my memory he wore:

2 x Adidas 92 with the shoulder stripes in red/silver stripes and yellow/red stripes.

That is just my memory but don't think I have missed any. Think that is 16 different tops worn in competitive matches.
92 there was a grey version of the kit too.

92 there was a grey version of the kit too.
There was, forgot about that one. Did Goram definitely wear it? I remember Colin Scott wearing it for the reserves and Ally Maxwell wearing it for the first team but wasn't sure about Goram.

From my memory he wore:

There was a silver one too

There was a silver one too
I forgot about that one. I said in another post I now remember Ally Maxwell and Colin Scott wearing the silver version with black stripes but don't remember Goram. I was thinking that was the season Goram was injured for most of the season. Was it Levski Sofia who knocked us out champs league? Maxwell had it on in that game.

I forgot about that one. I said in another post I now remember Ally Maxwell and Colin Scott wearing the silver version with black stripes but don't remember Goram. I was thinking that was the season Goram was injured for most of the season. Was it Levski Sofia who knocked us out champs league? Maxwell had it on in that game.
Remember the top, but struggling to find a pic.

Back