What do our billionaire investors bring to the table ?

trueblue77

Educate me….what do they bring ?

Gibson, and the American who scoured europe to find a soccer team as viable as us.

Gibson, and the American who scoured europe to find a soccer team as viable as us.

Hasn’t the commercial side of the club completely turned around & is relatively successful?

I’d imagine that’s what they bring.

Hopefully we have a manager that will be backed sufficiently in the transfer market as a result of the commercial success that will enable us to have success on the park.

Hasn’t the commercial side of the club completely turned around & is relatively successful?

I’d imagine that’s what they bring.

Hopefully we have a manager that will be backed sufficiently in the transfer market as a result of the commercial success that will enable us to have success on the park.
We have about 100 sponsors be interested to know how much some are for

Not sure how accurate transfermarket is, but if you look at our transfers over the past 5 years we don't pay fees for players very often, it's mainly free transfers and loans.

Not sure how accurate transfermarket is, but if you look at our transfers over the past 5 years we don't pay fees for players very often, it's mainly free transfers and loans.
We have paid money for more players than free transfers over the last 5 years. Loans are a separate issue. So your point is wrong. We have spent about €60m in the last 5 seasons whoch doesn't include loan fees or signing on fees.

People can only invest with sponsorship or buying new shares. The commercial department is the healthiest it's ever been. New shares are only agreed by the shareholders agreeing at the AGM every year and its only for smallish amounts. The investors cannot just put free gifts into the club. It also makes no difference calling them billionaire investors as that doesn't just mean they can put more money in.

They get credit for giving loans, which they are paid back anyway, while overseeing a cluster f*ck of a football operation that continually stumbles from one mess to another.

You're not allowed to question them though as it's not possible to do any better.

This is my concern too. Ok they may be “sponsors” but how much are we seeing from them. I’d love to see the comparison between their Adidas deal and our Castore deal

I know people have issues with castore but I would imagine it’s the most profitable option for us and that may include brands like adidas.

As for what sponsors give us, what’s are we giving them? If we continue to serve up garbage on the park then commercially we will become unattractive.

It doesn’t matter how rich our investors are you can’t just throw limitless sums of money into a football club.

Even if they were willing to put 50m in we would be restricted by FFP.
There is also no platform available for them to put say £50m in. We can't just allocate that amount of new shares as you say FFP would be all over that. And making up illegal high value sponsorships is what Man City have 115 charges for.

Far too many people on follow follow just think mega rich Rangers fans should be just giving us money cause they are rich and its straight forward to do so. It makes zero difference how rich shareholders or investors are. Newcastle owners are 10 times richer than every club put together so how is that working out for them. If it was easy they would have spent £50b and bought every single top player. They can't due to restrictions

They get credit for giving loans, which they are paid back anyway, while overseeing a cluster f*ck of a football operation that continually stumbles from one mess to another.

You're not allowed to question them though as it's not possible to do any better.
So the investors that have actually paid many millions for shares that enabled us to rebuild under Gerrard shouldn't get any credit. We also required loans to help fund us but because the people loaning the money quite rightly get paid back they shouldn't be thanked. Aye no probs.

So the investors that have actually paid many millions for shares that enabled us to rebuild under Gerrard shouldn't get any credit. We also required loans to help fund us but because the people loaning the money quite rightly get paid back they shouldn't be thanked. Aye no probs.
What's the credit for? Getting shares?

They'd get loads of credit it we were a functioning football club getting the most out of what we have available, but we're nowhere near that.

I simply don’t believe there’s people out there willing to invest millions who are being prevented by FFP.

Stadium expansion and infrastructure spend doesn’t impact FFP. Sure, it’s an issue if we had to reduce income whilst renovating the stadium, but I’m not sure I believe there’s folk just gasping to throw £50m at us being held back by FFP.

We needed money so they invested to give us it. Yes they get credit for that. Where else would the 10s of millions have came from
They've cost us more money than they've put in with their dreadful management of the club.

Putting the money in initially was great, but since then it's either been paid back or converted to shares and we've been going backwards for years now under them.

They've cost us more money than they've put in with their dreadful management of the club.

Putting the money in initially was great, but since then it's either been paid back or converted to shares and we've been going backwards for years now under them.
Yes but the many millions they paid was needed or we would have been a million times worse off. Explain how the current board or investors have cost Rangers more money that they have invested.

Also going back years under them. We have changed our main board and football board quite a bit over the last 5 or so years. So your obviously blaming the current boards for things happening under King or Park

Very little we need new owners

We don't have owners. We have a shareholder base.

I get it though. After a defeat like this everybody gets it.

'Like why's the hitman talking to the players before they go on?'

'Why does the assistant manager just stand there with his arms folded?'

'Should we not just start U-12 girls team for the next match?!'

Quite a lot of wealthy Rangers fans have invested their personal wealth into the club. Even for them, sometimes things get a little tighter.

It doesn’t matter how rich our investors are you can’t just throw limitless sums of money into a football club.

Even if they were willing to put 50m in we would be restricted by FFP.
Yet we have people on here who’d fund stadium redevelopment out of their life savings. Isn’t that something we could fund with a little more help from these gentlemen? Maybe that’s the plan ? Partly why I asked the question, but of course we never hear anything from them.

Last edited:
We don't have owners. We have a shareholder base.

I get it though. After a defeat like this everybody gets it.

'Like why's the hitman talking to the players before they go on?'

'Why does the assistant manager just stand there with his arms folded?'

'Should we not just start U-12 girls team for the next match?!'

Quite a lot of wealthy Rangers fans have invested their personal wealth into the club. Even for them, sometimes things get a little tighter.
Missing my point as things stand we are rapidly becoming (if we’re not there already) Hearts with a bigger support and stadium. A club with a great history who are now mediocre also rans.

Going backwards for years.

Less than 2 years since we played a European Final.

Looks like we are moving on from attacking every player to attacking our board.
tbf

They sanction the spend the manager gets who they have appointed.

Gerrard and Gio didnt get backed to the extent Beale did and we have seen how that played out.
Phil's left to pick up the pieces with a squad needing badly refreshed.

Guess the transfer window will let us see how much they should be attacked they certainly deserve to feel some fan pressure.

Ultimatley it's up to them to at least give the current manager a fighting chance.

They invest heavily to keep us going in the shitty little backwater that is Scottish football

If they hadn’t then Fck knows where we’d be

At times they must wonder why they bother, I’m sure all they have to do is pick up the phone to a sheik billionaire right enough if they want out eh

This feels a bit scattered to be honest.

The investors will expect a return on their investment and for the club to function in a sustainable way.

FFP rules very much exist

Transfermarket has us as spending 16m this season and 17m last season. In fact over the last 5 years it’s around 10m a year, I also don’t think there’s anything wrong with supplementing it with good free transfers like Butland, Sterling, Souttar, Sakala, Defoe, Bassey. Most of these players being ‘free’ is supplemented with them being paid bigger sign on fees and higher wages as well. We are spending within our means which we need to do so that we never see a repeat of what happened before.

The problem was Beale wasted so much money this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if Clement and Koppen get the same 15m or so to spend. Hopefully they spend it a lot wiser.

I’ve said it multiple times now it’s not a case of Rangers just throwing money at the situation but being run in a far more professional manner.

Quite frankly we’re a shambles, £40m+ on transfer fees and £80m in wages over the last two seasons and we’ve got a worse record against the yahoos over that period than a Kilmarnock side put together for chocolate buttons.

We aren’t likely to get outside investment either cause all our board do is fleece the fans then take that money and throw it down a drain.

The yahoos will be going past the 60 titles mark by the time we get another two under this board.

tbf

They sanction the spend the manager gets who they have appointed.

Gerrard and Gio didnt get backed to the extent Beale did and we have seen how that played out.
Phil's left to pick up the pieces with a squad needing badly refreshed.

Guess the transfer window will let us see how much they should be attacked they certainly deserve to feel some fan pressure.

Ultimatley it's up to them to at least give the current manager a fighting chance.
Gio spent more money that Beale. Every manager has been given funds to buy players from a budget we can afford. The board cannot be blamed for the players who we have bought. Clement will get backed with what we can afford. If its not enough then it is what is. There are zero guarantees when buying players.

They bring the purchase of shares and they hope to increase the value of their investment.

They’re not sugar daddy’s ffs.

That's right OP, Sack The Board and give us a new Billionaire owner with wealth off the radar whom we can cheer down Edmiston Drive!!

This is my concern too. Ok they may be “sponsors” but how much are we seeing from them. I’d love to see the comparison between their Adidas deal and our Castore deal
Why is it a concern? What concerns do you have about adding the cadbury logo to the website and putting out a tweet about Kellogs?

I never understand this “we have too many sponsors” nonsense. Lets cut them right down and our revenue? Yes great idea, we 100% don’t need it anyway :rolleyes:

As for the kit deal, If the media is to be believed - tims 5m a season for 5 years, castore was 20m for 5 years but we also get a cut of the income from sales

Our deal probably works out a good bit more than theirs.

Last edited:
I’ve said it multiple times now it’s not a case of Rangers just throwing money at the situation but being run in a far more professional manner.

Quite frankly we’re a shambles, £40m+ on transfer fees and £80m in wages over the last two seasons and we’ve got a worse record against the yahoos over that period than a Kilmarnock side put together for chocolate buttons.

We aren’t likely to get outside investment either cause all our board do is fleece the fans then take that money and throw it down a drain.

The yahoos will be going past the 60 titles mark by the time we get another two under this board.
Clueless. The money that comes in gets paid out to run the club every year. Nobody steals or hides money. Have Kilmarnock finished above us at any point in the last 20 years. No. So If all you want in life is beating Celtic then it's quite sad. We cannot just get outside investment. All shareholders vote on new income. Shares are agreed and sold and it now brings in very little. We also cannot just keep issuing millions of shares as FFP doesn't allow it. So that leaves Commercial and Sponsorship which is at an all time.high. So what are we left with a multi millionaire providing us with serious loans that need paid back. It won't happen and shouldn't happen

Clueless. The money that comes in gets paid out to run the club every year. Nobody steals or hides money. Have Kilmarnock finished above us at any point in the last 20 years. No. So If all you want in life is beating Celtic then it's quite sad. We cannot just get outside investment. All shareholders vote on new income. Shares are agreed and sold and it now brings in very little. We also cannot just keep issuing millions of shares as FFP doesn't allow it. So that leaves Commercial and Sponsorship which is at an all time.high. So what are we left with a multi millionaire providing us with serious loans that need paid back. It won't happen and shouldn't happen

Hate to tell you this but if you want to win domestically you have to beat Celtic regularly it’s just a fact.

I also never accused the board of stealing money they just utter waste it.

If your happy having seven of the top ten earning players in Scotland in our team currently and the biggest wage bill in the league after yesterday congratulations to you.

The problem with some of our support is they are more interested making excuses for the Rangers men who’ve ran the club into the ground for 25 years now than having a successful team in the park.

Hate to tell you this but if you want to win domestically you have to beat Celtic regularly it’s just a fact.

I also never accused the board of stealing money they just utter waste it.

If your happy having seven of the top ten earning players in Scotland in our team currently and the biggest wage bill in the league after yesterday congratulations to you.

The problem with some of our support is they are more interested making excuses for the Rangers men who’ve ran the club into the ground for 25 years now than having a successful team in the park.
Success needs money. We can't just open up and empty wallet and buy the best players. We can only work within the budget we have. We will always take rated out of contract players and pay them higher wages. It's the only way we can get them. It cost mega millions to run the club. If the money that comes in pays all bills and allows the manager to buy some players then where is the board wasting money. Clement will get backed and what if his players bomb. Will people again blame the board for allowing Clement and Koppen to blow say £15m

Looks like we are moving on from attacking every player to attacking our board.

I totally appreciate and respect what our board have done, collectively, to make us a financially secure and competitive club, despite a largely unsuccessful period domestically. I’m not questioning their commitment at all.

I just wanted to know the opinions of others on what one or two of the more seriously wealthy investors are doing, or can do beyond the rest. In particular I was thinking of major stadium infrastructure works that we seem to think can’t be done due to lack of funding.

Success needs money. We can't just open up and empty wallet and buy the best players. We can only work within the budget we have. We will always take rated out of contract players and pay them higher wages. It's the only way we can get them. It cost mega millions to run the club. If the money that comes in pays all bills and allows the manager to buy some players then where is the board wasting money. Clement will get backed and what if his players bomb. Will people again blame the board for allowing Clement and Koppen to blow say £15m

We’ve spent £40m on transfers and £80m in wages in two seasons the problem isn’t lack of money.

We’ve spent £40m in transfers and £80m in wages in two seasons the problem isn’t lack of money.
Yes so the board allow that spend. So they aren't to blame are they. Its managers and players bought. A different board still has the same issue. Bring money in, allow a transfer budget and pay high wages. A manager and DOF need to be allowed to spend money on players. The board do back the managers we have.

I will add we havnt spent anywhere.near £40m in 2 seasons.

Yes so the board allow that spend. So they aren't to blame are they. Its managers and players bought. A different board still has the same issue. Bring money in, allow a transfer budget and pay high wages. A manager and DOF need to be allowed to spend money on players. The board do back the managers we have.

I will add we havnt spent anywhere.near £40m in 2 seasons.

If you were the director of a company would you allow a complete and utter novice to spend £15-20m of the companies money completely unsupervised with no oversight?

Would you also allow a DOF who’s been proved a failure multiple times beforehand in the past to be given free rein as well?

Back