What do we think is Morelos’ realistic value, and should we sell him come June?

It’s hard to say as he is only worth what someone is willing to pay. But one thing is for sure, events since the piggery have seen his value drop, the needless red, continued inability to score against them and now his dip in form will all hit his value.

But if he can regain his early season form and keep his discipline in check then the value will get back up again, discipline is the biggest question mark as he simply doesn’t seem to learn from his mistakes that way.

Ten million on current form. If he is still here next season and plays well. Sell him in January in case his form dips again.

Realistically probably £10 million. His value should be double that at least but given the drop in form, unless something drastically changes we won't get anywhere near that.

He wouldn’t get half the “nonsense bookings” in another country

that’s irrelevant. He knows the score here and he continues to do it. His stupid red card was a massive influence on us coming back sluggish . All for a stupid dive with 10
Seconds of a game to go

Alfie’s recent form and red cards has resulted in his value dropping considerably.

If he picks up and scores v them and has no horror shows till the end of the season then we could get £20m for him

Morelos has undoubtedly been an incredible singing. Fair play to the scouts who went to Finland and picked him out.
He has been with us now for almost 3 seasons, and has been worth his weight in gold for the most part.
However, given the importance of next season, and the improvements we need to make to certain positions, would selling Morelos help us improve the squad as a whole ( cutting of the arm to save the body effectively) and if so, what would we all realistically expect to get for him?
Do you like cats mate ? Let me know As it will let me picture what you look like

Value has plummeted. Doesn’t help when getting himself needlessly suspended. Could’ve been red carded for the daft slide tackle v Braga.

Going by that logic, if he scores a hat trick in his next couple of games does his value then double? A run of bad form happens to most good strikers, hes just badly off his game just now.

He wouldn’t get half the “nonsense bookings” in another country
He's got more bookings in Europe than domestically this season.

3 yellow cards in 29 domestic games.
5 yellow cards in 15 european games.

Suppose you could add another 2 for the sending offs.

I am an Alfie fan.

But he seriously needs to sort out his discipline as the absences he has had over two seasons has cost the club big time.

Text my mate just before the chance had to make it 3-1 that he needs a goal soon.His confidence is shot there's no doubt about it but he isn't suddenly a bad player.
Just about every striker goes through a lean spell and he'll have to play through it.Like others have mentioned,his temperament is questionable to say the least and he really needs to control his temper..he can't score goals in the stand!.
That is one big thing that deters other clubs signing him,imagine him in Spain,England or Italy?.

It's irrelevant what we value him at, it's what people are prepared to pay.
On form he's sensational, but he has the following issues listed below.
He has discipline problems and Wednesday will be his 8th suspension in 19 months.
He is an inconsistent goal scorer, a man who can create chances on his own, but hits the goalie regularly
He shoots when other players are in better positions.

Morelos has undoubtedly been an incredible singing. Fair play to the scouts who went to Finland and picked him out.
He has been with us now for almost 3 seasons, and has been worth his weight in gold for the most part.
However, given the importance of next season, and the improvements we need to make to certain positions, would selling Morelos help us improve the squad as a whole ( cutting of the arm to save the body effectively) and if so, what would we all realistically expect to get for him?
Don’t think it matters what we think.

You know what's funny about these threads. I got a previous identity banned for suggesting he was worth 12 million now alot of the feeling is 10-15 tops.

Genuinely he is worth whatever anyone will pay and we have no idea who's been to scout him, but I would think to the EPL he is a 20-25, to Europe 18 on a good day.

Looking at him closely on Sunday, he is definitely lacking confidence, where he would normally run at players, causing mayhem, he is now desperate to get rid of the ball, and the longer this continues, the worse he will get. I have serious concerns.

If it's not the media trying to stick the boot in, it's our own fans and that's coming from someone who has given Alfie a bit of a hard time in the past but we've had several threads on him now putting the guy down.

Alfie needs to screw the nut and get his head down, and we need to get behind him.

That’s what tims suggest he is worth. If you think this I would suggest you are on the wrong board.
There's a few posting on this thread that are on the wrong board. Imagine having nothing better to do with your time, couldn't imagine doing it if things were the other way about.

Amazing how people are angry at team, his valuation plummets. We're as bad as the press.

Can we take a second to remember he's still the top scorer in the europa league and more than enough clubs will have noticed.

20 million in the summer and it'll go towards rebuilding for next year, and all the best to him!

I still think Alfie will pull in bids in the summer around the £18 to £20 million mark . He will end the season with 30 odd goals remember , many of them in Europe which has been noticed .

Had he continued his pre Dubai form he could have attracted bids of £25 million plus

People saying he’s now back down to £12 million etc are clueless .

I think if he dosen't smarten himself up and get back to the way he's was playing before xmas, we'll be lucky to get £10 mill.for him.

I think that’s a distinct possibility.

I doubt we’d trade for any less than £15m and I’m not sure anyone will actually pay that.

We really need him to rediscover his best form otherwise we could be stuck with him when we probably actually need the money to improve the squad.

No team will pay us £ 15 mill.for Morelos the way he's playing just now.He dosen't look interested since he's come back from Columbia.For a start he looks overweight.imo.

Amazing how people are angry at team, his valuation plummets. We're as bad as the press.

Can we take a second to remember he's still the top scorer in the europa league and more than enough clubs will have noticed.

20 million in the summer and it'll go towards rebuilding for next year, and all the best to him!

Looking back at top scorers for the competition and their last move

2019 - Giroud (undisclosed)

2018 - Immobile (still at Lazio, would go for a LOT)
Aduriz , 39 now, will retire.

2017 - Dzeko - 33 now and still in Rome, won't go for a lot
Giuliano - moved from Zenit to Egypt for €10.5M

2016 - Aduriz again.

2015 - Alan , ended up in China straight away, currently loaned out to a weak Chinese side.
Lukaku - reportedly next move was £75M

2014 - Soriano , moved to China.

2013 - Kozak, £6.5M to A Villa

It's a mixed bag, so being top scorer isn't necessarily a pathway to riches.

Last edited:
In more ways than one, he needs to start banging in some goals.

If we continue to do well in Europe and the Scottish Cup, interest will increase.

I would sell him.

Morelos wil score goals wherever he goes. The endless media hassle and intimidation he gets up here will also disappear.

We’ll not get anywhere near what was being talked about unless his form picks up. His form won’t pick up until he gets fitter/loses a bit of weight.

Before the break, I’d have said £20m

Since then he’s been woeful and looked a shadow of the player

I reckon if the current Morelos continues until the end of the season we’d be lucky to get £15m for him

I still believe we could get approx £20M and yes we sell him.

I love the wee guy to bits but the process is clear for us now - buy low, sell high. I'd prefer he leaves Ibrox as a league winner, but unfortunately that looks extremely unlikely. If we keep him I worry his attitude will change. I personally think we took a punt in hanging onto him this season as we understandably felt he was the lad to fire us to the title. He hits 30+ goals this season then he's done his part tbh. It's other shortcomings in the team that will ultimately have let us down.

He probably needs the move and we need the money to reinvest in the first team. That's where we are.

I still think Alfie will pull in bids in the summer around the £18 to £20 million mark . He will end the season with 30 odd goals remember , many of them in Europe which has been noticed .

Had he continued his pre Dubai form he could have attracted bids of £25 million plus

People saying he’s now back down to £12 million etc are clueless .
Yep...short memories. Teams are interested in Europe...they dgaf what he does in Scotland...including against Celtic.
Best would be to get by Braga then have him score against a big team...he’d be back in £30m bracket. If we get knocked out we’re looking at under value bids I’m afraid...maybe £10-£15 which is massively less than he’s worth.
Celtic will get close to 30 I would think for Edward.

See all the players we had been waxing lyrical about in December and January well due to the position we now find ourselves in, the monies we all thought they were worth have reduced due to the player performances since then to now.

In the space of ONE MONTH we have fuuked this whole league challenge right up.

Back