What do we think is Morelos’ realistic value, and should we sell him come June?

We’ll not get over 10 million for the player he is now.
Carrying extra timber, no composure 10 million would be day light robbery if offered take it and run!

Basically all this thread has proven is that none of us have the slightest idea what he's going to go for, and anyone that claims "he won't go for £x" is talking nonsense. Or they can tell me where to buy a Christmas ball, because if his form picks up soon he likely ends the season on 40+ goals.

Fees in England are beyond crazy. Our best chance of the biggest fee for Morelos is if an EPL team want him.
But regardless where he goes, for me £20m is the minimum acceptable.
He’s much better than them-to me his ‘English value’ is about 40...trouble is we play in Scotland so unless he picks up and gets back to last season and scored in Europe (if we can get past Braga)we might just get sh1te bids (to me 15 is sh1te for him)...and can’t kb bids or you risk him taking the huff and value going down the pan.

Morelos wil score goals wherever he goes. The endless media hassle and intimidation he gets up here will also disappear.

Whoever we bring in to replace Alfie if we dae sell him, will get the same treatment but that's only if the guy is as dangerous as Alfie.

Since December 1st, Rangers have played 19 matches. Thanks to his indiscipline, Morelos has only featured in 15 of them. During those 3 months and 15 matches, he has scored 5 times with 1 assist. 4 of those 5 goals came in December; since he returned in late January he has scored 1 goal in 8 matches.

He has been sent off 7 times. He has served 8 suspensions.

His form has been poor at best for far, far longer than the “2 or 3” matches done posters on here we’re trying to convince us of. He has been poor for months, for lots of matches and this is after being able to go home for an extended winter break to clear his head. Instead he comes back quite obviously overweight and still woefully out of form.

On the plus side are his EL goals, particularly against Legia to get us into the group stages. On the minus side is almost everything else. This season is looking like a carbon copy of last season. Starts off well but form falls off a cliff in the new year, stupid red cards for petulance and suspended for vital matches.

Is he reffed to a different standard to other players, even in Europe? Yes, he probably is. Is that unfair? Of course. What’s the answer? Stop reacting, moaning and complaining. Don’t get involved. There is no alternative. It’s unfair and he shouldn’t have to, but it’s the only way forward. He’s also been the victim of an obvious witch hunt from the media and the victim of racism from opposition fans and shamefully received no support from the governing bodies; indeed, he’s had precious little from his own club!

Clubs will look at his EL goals, but they’ll also look at his poor disciplinary record and his lack of goals against the scum. I can’t see there being a long queue to sign a striker who is hot for 1/2 a season, lacks self-discipline and spends too much time in the stands instead of on the pitch. If we get £10m we’ll be doing well and should sell. He could well go on to be a big success away from the poison that is Scottish football and under better managers than he’s had at Ibrox.

Since December 1st, Rangers have played 19 matches. Thanks to his indiscipline, Morelos has only featured in 15 of them. During those 3 months and 15 matches, he has scored 5 times with 1 assist. 4 of those 5 goals came in December; since he returned in late January he has scored 1 goal in 8 matches.

He has been sent off 7 times. He has served 8 suspensions.

His form has been poor at best for far, far longer than the “2 or 3” matches done posters on here we’re trying to convince us of. He has been poor for months, for lots of matches and this is after being able to go home for an extended winter break to clear his head. Instead he comes back quite obviously overweight and still woefully out of form.

On the plus side are his EL goals, particularly against Legia to get us into the group stages. On the minus side is almost everything else. This season is looking like a carbon copy of last season. Starts off well but form falls off a cliff in the new year, stupid red cards for petulance and suspended for vital matches.

Is he reffed to a different standard to other players, even in Europe? Yes, he probably is. Is that unfair? Of course. What’s the answer? Stop reacting, moaning and complaining. Don’t get involved. There is no alternative. It’s unfair and he shouldn’t have to, but it’s the only way forward. He’s also been the victim of an obvious witch hunt from the media and the victim of racism from opposition fans and shamefully received no support from the governing bodies; indeed, he’s had precious little from his own club!

Clubs will look at his EL goals, but they’ll also look at his poor disciplinary record and his lack of goals against the scum. I can’t see there being a long queue to sign a striker who is hot for 1/2 a season, lacks self-discipline and spends too much time in the stands instead of on the pitch. If we get £10m we’ll be doing well and should sell. He could well go on to be a big success away from the poison that is Scottish football and under better managers than he’s had at Ibrox.

Morelos indiscipline ? The stuff that other players get away with week in, week out in Scotland, including stamping on opponents ? That kind of indiscipline ?

You get so many conflicting stories - club are offering new contract then he's unsettled. He's putting on weight, he's disinterested he's the best man on the park but out of luck in front of goal.

We all love the wee man but he does frustrate with the petulance and bans. One more season, get his head straight = £25m.

Morelos indiscipline ? The stuff that other players get away with week in, week out in Scotland, including stamping on opponents ? That kind of indiscipline ?
Yes, indiscipline. Moaning at the referee gives him an option to book you for dissent. I said he is reffed to a different standard and I also said it is unfair. There is only one way for it to stop and it is in Morellos’ hands. Cut it out. Unless you think there is any chance the club are going to war with our referees (not to mention the European refs as well)?

It always amazes me that the only time FF vehemently applies any form of realism is when it comes to undervaluing our own players. All the while, curiously wondering why our players always go for peanuts.

Imagine how much happier we'd all be if half the posters on here applied the same level of realism when assessing our title hopes.

Looking back at top scorers for the competition and their last move

2019 - Giroud (undisclosed)

2018 - Immobile (still at Lazio, would go for a LOT)
Aduriz , 39 now, will retire.

2017 - Dzeko - 33 now and still in Rome, won't go for a lot
Giuliano - moved from Zenit to Egypt for €10.5M

2016 - Aduriz again.

2015 - Alan , ended up in China straight away, currently loaned out to a weak Chinese side.
Lukaku - reportedly next move was £75M

2014 - Soriano , moved to China.

2013 - Kozak, £6.5M to A Villa

It's a mixed bag, so being top scorer isn't necessarily a pathway to riches.
He's joint top scorer with Sporar who went to Lisbon for £6m last month.

Yes, indiscipline. Moaning at the referee gives him an option to book you for dissent. I said he is reffed to a different standard and I also said it is unfair. There is only one way for it to stop and it is in Morellos’ hands. Cut it out. Unless you think there is any chance the club are going to war with our referees (not to mention the European refs as well)?

Broonaldo is in the ref's face every, single, game, without a yellow card issued. What you're saying is that our players should meekly accept the double standard applied by refs by keeping their mouths shut, even when they're correct ?

I just hope he finds his form, everyone win in that scenario.

he looked over weight at the weekend and desperately short of confidence. That said, he’s scored two perfectly good goals in the last few weeks that were ruled out, one with cost us 3 points.

He was being touted by Martin Keown as a £35-40m striker at the end of the Europa campaign.

Since then he's played one Europa game and some missed chances apart, caused Braga no end of problems. He's still in the £35m bracket for me. Really couldn't give a %^*& what anyone else on here thinks either. Cos he's had a wee bit of a dip in form, it doesn't affect his value to the tune of what the mongs on here are saying.

He was being touted by Martin Keown as a £35-40m striker at the end of the Europa campaign.

Since then he's played one Europa game and some missed chances apart, caused Braga no end of problems. He's still in the £35m bracket for me. Really couldn't give a %^*& what anyone else on here thinks either. Cos he's had a wee bit of a dip in form, it doesn't affect his value to the tune of what the mongs on here are saying.
Morelos is a quality young player who's only going to get better! He's having a tough period on and off the park, some of the quotes on this thread are embarrasing.

If no club is willing to pay top dollar, he won't be leaving

Broonaldo is in the ref's face every, single, game, without a yellow card issued. What you're saying is that our players should meekly accept the double standard applied by refs by keeping their mouths shut, even when they're correct ?
I didn’t say it was right, and I didn’t say it was fair. But there needs to be a practical, immediate solution to the problem and I can’t see any other solution except Morelos keeping his reactions in check. If you don’t agree then can you suggest something else which would prevent him from picking up needless bookings? Something which would work and isn’t done our in the sky stuff about taking on the SFA, etc?

He’s done himself no favours that’s for sure. Can’t believe how he’s gone from unplayable to bang average. £10m

Doesn't matter what we think or say. Morelos is only worth what a club are willing to offer and pay.

So far that's not very much and I very much doubt we are getting some of the quotes on here; £30m plus.

For that we either take a hit or he stays.

Had a quick look on transfermarkts stats for his goals record. Assuming its accurate they seem to back up what I've just personally noticed about Alfie pre and post break.

First season:
12 goals pre break, 6 goals after it.

Second season:
20 pre break, 10 after.

Current season - 28 goals pre xmas, 1 goal after to date.

First season he played the summer in Finland then had the bid from China which clearly unsettled him. Second season he missed a good chunk of games due to the red cards v sheep and tims.

We also play less games after the break typically due to europa qualifiers and groups.
To be fair he’s had 2 good goals chopped off and missed 3 games.

Some folk still believe he’s worth 30 million? Seriously?

He was never worth that, smashing player when firing on all cylinders but also a complete liability at times too and totally unreliable in a lot of big games we play.

My guess is he will be here next season, if he were to be sold in the summer, 10-12 million tops.

Alot of what happens with Morelos in the summer will come down to his form between now and the end of the season. If this dip in form continues then I’d imagine we might struggle to sell him for what we ideally would want. If I was a betting man I’d put my money on him being here next season too.

Poor form granted but he is still a £25M striker in todays market, if he was English and playing down south you could double that easy.

The media smear campaign would appear to have done exactly what it was intended to do, and knock Morelos right off his game.

We’ll be lucky to get £15 million for him if his form doesn’t drastically improve.

Arsenal paid almost double , for a player that missed over half the season through injury .
[/QUOTE

and they were ridiculously stupid to do so.Doesn’t change the fact that clubs will see Morelos as a liability that can’t be trusted in big games. Although I think he gets treated differently to other players he now knows this and still can’t help himself.
He has contributed massively to us over the last 2 seasons but in some ways he has screwed us over missing big games due to petulance. This Wednesday is a great example. Another massive game for the club that he isn’t involved in

I think no matter what happens he should leave in the summer. He's absolutely hated up here and the attitude towards him from opposing fans, officials and the media is poisonous. Why would you want to live somewhere like that with a young family?

He was never worth that, smashing player when firing on all cylinders but also a complete liability at times too and totally unreliable in a lot of big games we play.

My guess is he will be here next season, if he were to be sold in the summer, 10-12 million tops.

Joelinton went for £40m and I genuinely don't know if he's actually scored a goal for Newcastle yet.

Tim behaviour that comment.

We're still a much better team with Morelos and you can argue he's carried us in the first half of the season.

We don't need to sell Morelos, we need to surround him with better players.

Still a key player. Still our best player. Some amount of pish on this thread. Few games off form and people are wanting to snap hands for £10m. Jesus.

He’s still the same guy. He’s still a 30 goal striker, top scorer in a UEFA Competition, Colombian international goalscorer and 23 years old with loads more potential.

Price is still £25m mark.

Joelinton went for £40m and I genuinely don't know if he's actually scored a goal for Newcastle yet.

Yep, there are lots of examples though, Dembele went for 20 million and he scored regularly against us, in finals, home and away in the Champions League and for the world champions at under 21 level.

Alfie isn’t at that level yet.

dont think he will want to move this summer,what with wee buff being due soon, cant see him wanting to uproot with new baby , but i could be a million miles away !!

In the short time he was up front with Kamberi he looked better.I would like us to go 442 because hes been getting little to no support since the winter break.

We need to understand the pressure that’s on him. He’s refereed to a different standard and opposition players roll in agony if he goes anywhere near them, and the referees are happy to err against Morelos and issue cards. The media and opposition fans have identified him as the villain. He doesn’t help himself at times with his diving and dissent, but I can understand his frustration at the antics and thuggery that the opposition get away with. He’s not being allowed to compete fairly and it must always be on his mind that he will be unfairly punished, if he gets a tackle wrong, even if it’s his first mistimed tackle.

He,s reducing his own reputation and value with his discipline ,he cuts it out plays against Braga and scores more limelight all is forgotten,but unfortunately his petulance is costing the club.

Back