What does Edmundson have to do?

Drum

This guy was signed in the wake of our protracted & unsuccessful chase of Jake Cooper. Such was the hysteria around Cooper I was under the impression we were after a young, non nonsense CB that would slot in immediately.

In the games we've seem him, he can clearly handle industrial side of SPHell. Katic, as much as I like him surely deserves to be dropped after today's shocker.

Not be quite as defensively poor as he was last time out?

Look, Edmundson looks a prospect to me, but he was brought into the side for his use of the ball and to help our tempo. He did, but as soon as we were on the back foot he looked shaky. Given the pitch today, you can understand why he wasn’t brought into the side. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I don’t think anyone envisaged Katic, even an out of form Katic, being QUITE as bad as he was today.

Last edited:
Reactions: GF7
Is this a joke?

Helander was clearly the Cooper alternative.

Edmundson has played against St Joseph’s, Progres, Stranraer and Hamilton twice - plus an appearance against Hibs where he wasn’t that hot.

We can’t keep chopping the centre halves.

This guy was signed in the wake of our protracted & unsuccessful chase of Jake Cooper. Such was the hysteria around Cooper I was under the impression we were after a young, non nonsense CB that would slot in immediately.

In the games we've seem him, he can clearly handle industrial side of SPHell. Katic, as much as I like him surely deserves to be dropped after today's shocker.

he got his opportunity and was utterly pish too. People have such short memories on here. We need Helander back.

Katic and Goldson partnership has looked increasingly suspect. I'd like to see Edmunson get more game time.

The defending today was absolutely atrocious. Cost us the points. Katic is a very good player on his day but very inconsistent. No idea why he is so highly rated by some of the support.

Take his chance when he gets in? He was woeful at Hamilton when he did.

Katic has started 3 times as many games and has been shown wanting since the the break when its mattered. The point to the thread is that Edmunson has more of a case for starting than Katic and (to a certain extent) Gold[en]son bollocks.

Another case of players getting better the longer they’re out the team.

However, I’d have subbed him on for Katic today.

Katic had a mare today but Edmundson doesn't convince me tbh. Our central defence is quite young and inexperienced with Helander out. Relies on Goldson to be the main man. If he's out of sorts we are in big trouble.

Edmundson was poor in his last game, we all wanted Katic back.
I called for Edmondson to replace Katic early in on the match thread.
Who then replaces him if he has a shocker.
Both young guys learning there trade.
Both might not be up to standard but Goldson needs to take a share of the blame as an older head

The truth is all our centre backs have a mistake in them and all have strengths and weaknesses. Goldson is quite weak in the challenge, katic is rash and positional play isn’t the best, Edmundson on the short viewings is suspect too and Helander is slow, at a push goldson and Helander are our best pairing, but that’s changes due to form etc. Katic is a warrior and a fan favourite, he’s got great uses for games like piggery, pittodrie however he is a young inconsistent cb.

this story is repeated all too often. look under thread edmundson against accies hardly non nonsense.

Back