What European team have you see us play the most?

WDYGH

Bayern 3 times
Parma 3 times
PSV 3 times

edit - come to think of it, I have seen each of these sides a fourth time, in games not involving Rangers.

Last edited:

Grommitt

Official Ticketer
I seem to recall being in Stuttgart almost as often as I might visit Motherwell or Kilmarnock!

Raptors

For most people would likely be a German team - we have played ties v Bayern Munich 5 times, Cologne & Dortmund 4 times.

Looking at my badge collection the Lyon game will be our 188th European tie - games against 128 teams (obviously played some teams more than once) from 38 different countries.

I think.

glasgowiron

Official Ticketer
Probably Bayern, Stuttgart, Porto or Valencia.

We've played German teams nearly twice as much as the nearest next country, Spain.

TamSmartRFC

Stuttgart is the one that sticks out to me most.

The 2009 home game we got beat 2-0 was one of the most dire performances 8d ever seen us put in. Arguably worse than the 4-1 defeat off Unirea the same season where we lost 3 freak goals and missed a penalty.

VGM

For most people would likely be a German team - we have played ties v Bayern Munich 5 times, Cologne & Dortmund 4 times.

Looking at my badge collection the Lyon game will be our 188th European tie - games against 128 teams (obviously played some teams more than once) from 38 different countries.

I think.

We have played 360 European games

Lairdo

Not sure, but thinking it might be Bayern, PSV, Stuttgart, Valencia, Porto or Sporting Lisbon.

Never been to an away game, can think of 3 home games against them all. Racking my brain to think if anyone has been to Ibrox 4 times.
Bayern in European competitions in 1970, 1972, 1989 and 1999. Also a friendly at Ibrox in 1986 (and ECWC final in 1967!).

Raptors

We have played 360 European games

The 187 ties to date will have been 2 leg affairs - still slight difference 360 vs 374 (if 2 x 187).

Wonder why my difference ? Would be third game play-offs ?

Do you have an internet site/link for the 360 games please ?

VGM

The 187 ties to date will have been 2 leg affairs - still slight difference 360 vs 374 (if 2 x 187).

Not all. Few one off uefa cup group games

das

How many times have we played Ajax? Just 4 probably?

I'd include the Super Cup games in that total.
Wasn't there a couple of friendlies too? I remember being at one in the mid 80s and one the Manchester season or there abouts

GazzaG

Official Ticketer
PSV, Artmedia Bratislava, Porto, Rapid Vienna and Villarreal all twice each.

MiseryHatesCompany

single leg finals, 3 single qualifiers last season and the weird Uefa Cup group set up where you only played teams once in a group of 5