What ever happened to Ian Black

He also bet against Rangers whilst playing for them and tried to end jelavic's season them tried to 're injure him on his first game back.

That s a reason to dislike him.

Listen he was known as a hatchet man but I was a fan of his. He could pass a ball, gave a bit of dig and had a bit of swagger.

The reason people don’t like Ian Black is down to one reason. Jealousy.

Don’t know him personally so can’t comment as to his being a “horrible human being” but I don’t even remember him being our worst player during those awful times.

Heard a couple of interviews and, while he sounds like a ned and is clearly not a very bright soul, he speaks well enough of us.

If he’s earning a living away from football now fair play to him, I’m sure there are far worse people out there than Ian Black.

He was a half-decent SPL player who could have strolled the lower leagues and didn't, to be fair I think he got booted up in the air every game with few yellow cards given out by worse referees that we have now.

A sign of how Hearts were struggling that we took him and Templeton when in the 4th tier and skint

He may not have been the best player we ever signed,but he certainly wasn't the worst.
Tried his best,but ultimately wasn't as good as we thought when we signed him.
I certainly don't wish him any I'll.

He may not have been the best player we ever signed,but he certainly wasn't the worst.
Tried his best,but ultimately wasn't as good as we thought when we signed him.
I certainly don't wish him any I'll.

Did he %^*& try his best. I still remember a game where Kenny Miller chased a lost cause into the corner to keep it out for a throw in then turned to scream at that useless prick who simply turned his back and strolled away.

people are overly harsh on here, slagging of professionals out of sheer envy.
Was Black good enough for us at top level, of course not, but was he a decent premier league midfielder (who has a cap for his country) yes.
Was Kyle good enough, no - but he forged a decent enough career at Sunderland et al.

The whole team wasn't good enough, but the endless trolling of a former player, regardless if you liked them or not, is not "Rangers class" as you all harp on about.

Like these players or not, they are part of history - some may not have deserved it, but leave the abuse to the other end of Glasgow.

He’s probably fouling someone , being fouled himself, or shooting high and wide from distance.

I’m sure that’s the only three settings he has.

A player I wish had one more appearance against us at Ibrox once he left so he could get all the abuse he thoroughly deserved. Should have been chased out the door long before he was.

One of a long list of players who should never have had the privilege to wear our jersey. A waster but he certainly wasnt the only one we had to suffer unfortunately. Onwards and upwards, couldnt be further away from journeyman shite like him now!

Scary to think that Black is the level of player we were signing at one point. Very dark period in our history.

Plus the Union Bears had a banner for him as well.
I’m not exactly his biggest fan, but there were far worse players than Ian Black playing for us at that point

I sat in front of a fud in the EE that used to shout that phrase all through every home game he played. Did my head in. Mind you, I remember him getting dogs abuse from us in the EE when he was subbed after a dismal performance, a few hundred of us suggesting he go down the tunnel and keep going out the main door at Ibrox........can also remember when we were losing 2-1 to Raith in the SC with secs to go and he walked over to take a throw in. Instead of sprinting. EE and the Copland, we all went spare at the sheer lack of fight in the players.

He was signed to give our midfield field a bit of dig but that was never going to work, it just gave the referees a excuse to book a Rangers player.

UREfYGF.gif

Uuurrgghhh. There's a name I don't want to see again. Possibly the most hated Rangers player from Rangers fans.

Back