What ever happened to Ian Black

Was there not a rule against verbally abusing current / ex players?

Belter of a goal at 1.22:

Those STILL greeting about Jelavic need to get over it, he done Ledley around the same time and the pictures of his leg were horrific.

Genuinely this guy was only at our club to get cash

I hope the bastard realises we are a great institution and he was so so lucky he was only hired due to the fact we were demoted to the lower leagues

He was never good enough to play for us in the top division and he is one luck Bastard

I hated the fact he played for us

The day he done Jelavic at Tynecastle on purpose should have meant he was never welcomed at our club

I am sorry to say he is the one and only Rangers player I have not supported. I could never understand why McCoist signed him.

Lets not be revisionist, in our position at that time, it seemed like a good signing - certainly one of the better SPL players around and had played solidly at the top level for 8 years at that point.

Aye, he was/is a prick and he was not a good player for us, but I could forgive McCoist for thinking, amongst all the chaos around the time of the signing, that Black could a key figure in us getting up the leagues.

Didn’t work out and he does seem a prick, but it should have been a good signing for us at that level.

Can't remember exactly what it was but I laughed to the days at that Banter era thread when someone said along the lines of: Paying Ian Black 6k a week. Ian Black using that 6k a week to bet against us. Ian Black fucking his own bet by scoring the winner.

A plastic hardman who should have been booted physically out the door by McCoist when he was ratted out for betting on our games. One of the worst players ever to wear the colours.

Average ability as footballer and when challenged turned from bully to bullied at the toss of a coin. Still remember him shouting at us one day at Clyde. My own son 7 at the time asking why....time to explain there are pricks I the world even in blue

A complete ar5ehole yes. However, nowhere near the worst when we were messing about in division 3. He wasn't great but he certainly wasn't the worst.

Back