What Happened in That Second Half!

Twosignals

In the first half we were up and at them, they looked as though didn’t know what hit them, then we give away a stupid goal, just on the stroke of half time. Second half it was like watching a team march up to the top of a hill and march back down again. Then to give them the third and not take any chances, in the second half we looked as though we were devoid of Ideas. What so frustrating they are crap and we’re shown up for and we hand them goals. As for our Manager during the second half going over to St Brendan and talking to him, sorry But he has blotted his copy book with his praise of the Scum, with his fantastic Scum Dome, great atmosphere there (I.E. Toxic) Scott this and Scott that. Irrespective of today’s result with a proper Manager next season we do have the ability to win the league with a few player adjustments, aye get a proper Captain.

Only saw first half as had to get a taxi to Prague airport but can also add we choked both times we took lead in 1st as we went deep right away and didn’t go for jugular.

Their creative players weren’t exactly buzzing with skill and confidence today yet we sat off enough to let them play for 10 minute spells after each goal.

And whilst following game on here / score app it goes without saying we should have been more proactive with the substitutes once they went to 10.

A right scunner

Their goal before half-time seem to kill us off. We looked so out of sorts in the 2nd half. Never had the same momentum and when in possession we gave the ball away far too cheaply.

We were still in the dressing room for the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half.

Passing, decision making, final ball and defending were all woeful.

A clueless manager on the touchline offering no inspiration or tactical clout.

A miss that my 20 month old daughter would burst the net with.

Shite.

It's to do with experience and a winning mentality.

They have it and have done for some time, we don't.

I think Murty has us playing some nice football and Allen has done a good job with recruitment, but between the two of them, do they have the ruthlessness, the Souness-Smith-Wallace-Struth type ruthlessness to instil into the players?

That's the big question for me.

In the first half we were up and at them, they looked as though didn’t know what hit them, then we give away a stupid goal, just on the stroke of half time. Second half it was like watching a team march up to the top of a hill and march back down again. Then to give them the third and not take any chances, in the second half we looked as though we were devoid of Ideas. What so frustrating they are crap and we’re shown up for and we hand them goals. As for our Manager during the second half going over to St Brendan and talking to him, sorry But he has blotted his copy book with his praise of the Scum, with his fantastic Scum Dome, great atmosphere there (I.E. Toxic) Scott this and Scott that. Irrespective of today’s result with a proper Manager next season we do have the ability to win the league with a few player adjustments, aye get a proper Captain.
He never changed our style going wide both sides when it was clear they were coping with it, he never does alter our style so he is predictable and was out foxed by the tranny as for him being to friendly with the scum you have to remember this guy comes from a rattler family .

He never changed our style going wide both sides when it was clear they were coping with it, he never does alter our style so he is predictable and was out foxed by the tranny as for him being to friendly with the scum you have to remember this guy comes from a rattler family .

As you say about his family, therefore, Do we look for a manager before the end of the season to bed him and get rid of the deadwood?

Playing 2 wide men against the better teams is a luxury we cannot afford. The middle of the park is wide open. Add 2 inexperienced centre mids getting caught wrong side of the ball and a poor central defence and you have 3 gift goals for the scum and an easy 3 points for them.

Playing 2 wide men against the better teams is a luxury we cannot afford. The middle of the park is wide open. Add 2 inexperienced centre mids getting caught wrong side of the ball and a poor central defence and you have 3 gift goals for the scum and an easy 3 points for them.

Two wide men is totally fine but not with a number ten who doesn't work hard too.

Four attacking players is too much.

We were very naive both on and off the park. We have got the potential to be a very good team, however we still need a proven leader in the middle of the park and a couple of good CH’s. I would love the rumours of McArthur to be true, he’s exactly what we need in the middle of the park.

Absolutely f()cking gutted. We should have won that today.

Strange as it may seem I think them going down to 10 men went against us. They then sat in and let us come at them and we struggled to break them down. We looked as if we had a better chance of scoring against them when the game was more open and that was when it was 11 aside.

It was clearly obvious in the first half no matter what the score was that the scum were in control of the game in midfield.
They played the way they wanted . we played hurried hot potato football .

at 2-1 up i just dont think we were brave enough.or maybe we lacked the confidence on the park and our manager to just go for a third goal.i thought we were very poor in the second half.

Goss was absolutely the wrong choice of starter for this game - we needed a much greater presence in midfield, or failing that, a greater work rate. Holt should've been on at half time, especially given Goss's stupid yellow card that he picked up.

I'm not sure I totally agree with the first half analysis, first half hour we were very good and had them rattled but the last 10 minutes of the first half was watching the game through fingers. Gave away to many corners and made heavy weather of defending them. Second half showing was just a horror show not coming away with anything after the sending off.

Back