What happened to the high press?

But we didn’t were top
Of the league what’s the problem?
Some wondered after Malmo if that game was just too early for us.

Well, some 2 months later it still looks to early for us, we still are in full on walking mode.

If we don't get our @rse into gear as early as our next league game v Hibs, I suspect you, or if not you, certainly many others, will be on here in full on meltdown mode ranting about the dropping of more points.

Some wondered after Malmo if that game was just too early for us.

Well, some 2 months later it still looks to early for us, we still are in full on walking mode.

If we don't get our @rse into gear as early as our next league game v Hibs, I suspect you, or if not you, certainly many others, will be on here in full on meltdown mode ranting about the dropping of more points.
I’ll be on here 8 days time after we pump
Hibs!

Aye brilliant. Where was it against Malmo? Dundee Utd?

Our performances all season have been miles off last season's.

We're getting away with it now but that luck can run out quickly. Relying on Celtic being shite isn't a tactic you want to bank on either.
Very well said.

Don't understand it myself tbh.

We back off and let teams play infront of us now, Gerrard initially modeled his pressing on Klopp's gegen press etc,

No where near that this season.
Need the intensity back.

I find it incredibly bizarre how we can be top of the league, 7 clear of the scum going in to their game tomorrow and yet for some fvcking reason their fans are in a more positive frame of mind than half of ours.

Hibs, world beaters, far from it but I'm much more concerned by ourselves.

Suppose you missed Dundee Utd and Motherwell results, as much as Hibs may be p!sh I rate them better than those two.
Hibs, world beaters, far from it but I'm much more concerned by ourselves.

Suppose you missed Dundee Utd and Motherwell results, as much as Hibs may be p!sh I rate them better than those two.
We’ll see next Sunday mate

Baffles me also high press a poor team like Dundee you will get the ball back a lot instead we give teams all the time in the world very strange we are shipping more chances now not doing it

I find it incredibly bizarre how we can be top of the league, 7 clear of the scum going in to their game tomorrow and yet for some fvcking reason their fans are in a more positive frame of mind than half of ours.
I don’t really care what their fans think. I’m only interested in us and we’ve been really poor this season.

Teams learn to play against our high pressing tactics. It was noticeable how easy we managed to bypass it against Celtic by just launching it over their first 3 pressing forwards at the back.

It seems to me the energy levels are down in comparison to last season but that said it takes a lot of energy playing the way we do with all the passing play trying to break through teams with everyone back defending their box and I am starting to think maybe we should be trying to get the ball forward much quicker because we’re seeing it happen a lot where we are the team with the majority of the possession constantly trying to break the opposition down throughout the 90 minutes and they end up getting a chance or two and bloody scoring when we’ve been huffing and puffing the entire game playing a million passes trying score our goals.

The lack of a press has been really frustrating. We're choosing to sit off teams like Motherwell and Dundee while their CBs have the ball meaning when we do win the ball back, they have enough time to shift everyone behind the ball then we struggle to break them down. When we will the ball higher up, there is a much better chance of us creating a chance straight from the turnover, see the goals and chances in the second half v Livingston in midweek.

Our high press left when Candeias did. Since then, we've used it from time to time but few and far between.

Surprised that a lot of folk still think we regularly used it last season.

The only explanation I can come to, after reading what Michael Beale said, is that come the end of the season they are hoping, and thinking that our players will not be burn't out?
Save our energy.
We don't know if the players were burn't out last season, because it looked like the foot came off the gas, quite a bit after we won the league, so it was difficult to tell.

I liken it this tactic to when Big Jock was in charge.Mid 70's.
He had those players running up and down those Gullane sand dunes for a reason, and that was for fitness and stamina, which served us in good stead.
We won games season 75-76 especially towards the end of the season, because we were fitter.

And if memory serves that season '75-76 saw us win the double?
DJ scoring in about 22 secs at Tannadump to win the league, and 41 secs the week later, at Hampden to win the SC.

Certainly not pretty to watch this low block, and it gives certain individuals the opportunity to almost look like they are 'snoozing' on the park. But if it gets us to the holy grail (CL)
I'll settle for emulating season.75'76.

We seem to be giving the ball away and losing possession far too easily. Then, before we know it its backs to the wall. Carelessness pure and simple.

Not saying do it for 90mins - we know that can’t be done. Do it (as a unit ) from the very start and unsettle these SPL hammer thrower defenders at least until we get a couple ahead. Easier to force mistakes pressing high and exploit them than it is to create playing in front of 10 players. Once two ahead we can ease the press in the second half -they’ll have to come out whereupon we can pick them off with players like Sakala and Wright.

Why is that? You rather we were playing like the Brazil team of the 80’s and winning fcuk all?
no i rather we had some fukin energy about us and pressed teams instead of tippy tappa pass pass outwide then fire it into the box where there 5 6ft defenders

Back