What happens if they ban Patterson & the covid 5 today or tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you want to appeal?
That'll depend on the charges and penalty. Wouldn't it?
On what grounds do you "want" them to face a ban?
Seriously, what would you expect the ban to be and on what grounds and I'll tell you what I'd "want" appealed.

No chance of that happening. Fast track isn't an option and those would require a scheduled hearing.

He will be available tomorrow, and should play imo. My feeling is he will also be available for Saturday and again should play. We have done our own internal disciplinary procedure, it's not up to us to do the SFA's job for them.

Completely disagree with thise asking for appeals. They fucked up and deserve to be punished. I think we should be accepting a ban for the players if/when they arrive.
They did, but they didn’t jeopardize the sporting bubble.

St Mirren players were car pooling and breaking social distancing protocols in the training ground and canteen etc. The players did not receive individual bans, so how can our players be banned for effectively the same breach of rules?

I’m not condoning what they did but the footballing rules applied to their governmental rule break must be consistent.

Ffs do we call celtic or any other players the covid 3, the covid 13, the covid 8? Please do not use that scum papers headline to label these individuals like they were the first footballers involved with a covid scandal where label sticks!

You're reading too much into it mate. It's just a way of shortening it instead of writing out their names individually.

You're reading too much into it mate. It's just a way of shortening it instead of writing out their names individually.
I appreciate on here that is the way it was meant but you know what they are like and they would like nothing more than to make that label stick and follow these players around, well whilst they play in a rangers jersey anyway!

They did, but they didn’t jeopardize the sporting bubble.

St Mirren players were car pooling and breaking social distancing protocols in the training ground and canteen etc. The players did not receive individual bans, so how can our players be banned for effectively the same breach of rules?

I’m not condoning what they did but the footballing rules applied to their governmental rule break must be consistent.
It's not the same though St Mirren as a club didn't follow the correct protocols set by the SFA that players should follow and they had an outbreak as a result. They had games cancelled and were fined as a result.

Patterson and Co have broke the guidelines set by Sturgeon and Co just like Edmundson and Jones done so they will end up getting some sort of punishment. Rightly or wrongly the predecent has been set with Aberdeen 8, Bolingolli, Mark Connolly etc.

The SFA's punishment for Dubai was to flog the lower leagues to keep the top flight and championship going otherwise I think the league would be suspended. They shat out of it and now with the stuff with their ref then our 5 might just get away with it.

refgate is the biggy.

You need to be cited and then a fast track meeting is scheduled. Paterson is available 100% tomorrow.
Mostly correct mate but our guys will not be dealt with under a Fast Track Tribunal. They will be dealt with by a Disciplinary Tribunal. Fast Track is primarily for on-field offences and includes the offer of accepting a ban or submitting an Appeal. Disciplinary Tribunal has no advance punishment and the Principal Hearing to discuss the case and award a sanction is generally two weeks after citing.

7. Appointment of Tribunals

7.1 General

7.1.1 A “Tribunal” shall mean a tribunal appointed from the Judicial Panel for the purpose of considering and Determining a particular Case(s) referred to it. A Tribunal may be:

7.1.1.1 A “Disciplinary Tribunal” appointed for the consideration and Determination of Cases under Section 12;

7.1.1.2 A “Fast Track Tribunal” appointed for the consideration and Determination of Cases under Section 13;

7.1.1.3 An “Appellate Tribunal” appointed for the consideration and Determination of Cases under Sections 14 and/or 15;

7.1.1.4 A Suspension Tribunal appointed for the consideration and Determination of Cases under Paragraph14.13.2;

7.1.1.5 Any other type of Tribunal provided for within the Protocol but not specifically set out above.

Link to the most boring, and confusing, document ever:

To be clear, there will be no ban for our 5 players today, tomorrow or even this week. They may be cited this week - but any Hearing, and subsequent ban, will probably be two weeks hence.

Last edited:
I see no reason why he shouldn’t play. However Kamara has played there before and Zac Butterworth has came back from his loan and could be used if it means keeping Kamara in midfield

A full Scottish team broke protocol (and left the country) and faced nothing.

Their own referees broke protocol (and left the country) and faced nothing.

3 Rangers first team players broke protocol (within the country), it'd be very silly of them to make them face action.

That has to be how Rangers and their lawyers are looking at it, if I am.

Completely disagree with thise asking for appeals. They fucked up and deserve to be punished. I think we should be accepting a ban for the players if/when they arrive.
You’re right. We should and we will.

But there needs to be equitable treatment across these incidents. There’s photographic evidence of the tramps wiping there arses with the protocols during the UAE jolly. The players were under the supervision of the club during that, I’d say that’s as least as serious, if not more serious than anything our lads did.

I think our current 5 were less culpable than Jones & Edmundson for the reason hat they didn’t mix outside our own squad. Still eejits mind.

Simple, the club has followed every protocol to the letter and has punished the players internally. Why should the club be punished again especially when other clubs, one in particular have done worse and faced no sanctions at all, even when they've admitted breaches.

They will be punished and rightly so. Other things need dealt with first though. Patterson should play until Tav is back if available

The short answer is, nobody will be banned today or tomorrow.

Assuming they get cited, there will be a hearing 14 days later. They would need to be cited by Friday to miss the Celtc game.

I would expect the players to be banned in due course. I would not expect any significant punishment for the club.

I'm in favour of tactical appeals if needed. Sod some sort of 'Corinthian spirit' or whatever. Are our players never going to deliberately foul an opponent or go to ground without it being absolutely necessary?

The fast tracking of this case isn’t happening when the Dubai fiasco still hasn't been addressed or the linesman who officiated at the Hibs game when he should have been isolating.

Last edited:
The fast tracking of this case when the Dubai fiasco still hasn't been addressed or the linesman who officiated at the Hibs game when he should have been isolating.
It won't be dealt with via Fast Track, that's for on-field stuff. See post #61 mate.

The SFA have made a rip roaring erse of all the Covid Breaches this season.

From Boli and the Aberdeen 8 getting such a lenient punishment, to throwing the book at Jones & Edmundson.

We then had the fiasco of Motherwell being awarded points for other team's Covid breaches, only to have them taken away again and they're now right in the relegation crapper.

Then the main event, the Dubai 49 which I believe will prevent the SFA from really hammering our players because they've been dragging their heels over investigating what went on in the UAE.

Our boys might get a more lenient suspension because of this because the SFA already made a rod for their own back with the retrospective reds for Alfie and Roofe while letting others off.

They couldn't hammer our players and let 49 players and staff away with flagrent breaches. However, it is the SFA we're talking about.

No chance of that happening. Fast track isn't an option and those would require a scheduled hearing.

He will be available tomorrow, and should play imo. My feeling is he will also be available for Saturday and again should play. We have done our own internal disciplinary procedure, it's not up to us to do the SFA's job for them.

Be funny if he plays v the Tims and scores the goal that wins the league

We should kick up a fuss and ask why our players are being punished before the Dubai lot...

Ffs do we call celtic or any other players the covid 3, the covid 13, the covid 8? Please do not use that scum papers headline to label these individuals like they were the first footballers involved with a covid scandal where label sticks!

I agree with this, covid 5 ffs, they are Rangers players and should be respected as such.

They wont ban him before tomorrow, they'll need to arrange the 'trial' first. If he gets a ban I reckon it will start for the piggery.

We should kick up a fuss and ask why our players are being punished before the Dubai lot...
You can have a guy go half way around Europe , then go into training for days with no mention . And receive less than half what players going to a party receive .

The absolute fascination from the yahoo hordes online attempting get Patterson, Bassey Mebude, Zungu and Kinnear banned is on par with Glenn Close bunny boiler type stalking.

Like getting these guys banned will make their team any less pish or somehow drastically change the fortunes of a managerless club with utter dross like Bain and John-jo billy bob Kenny or whatever his name is starting for them every week.

I'm really surprised there has been no movement on this from the SFA and would love to think it's because we are questioning them behind the scenes on their reticence to punish anyone involved with Dubaigate.

I think they have further backed themselves into a corner by letting assistant referees travel to Greece, contract COVID and let them officiate in a game !

The SFA have made a rip roaring erse of all the Covid Breaches this season.

From Boli and the Aberdeen 8 getting such a lenient punishment, to throwing the book at Jones & Edmundson.

We then had the fiasco of Motherwell being awarded points for other team's Covid breaches, only to have them taken away again and they're now right in the relegation crapper.

Then the main event, the Dubai 49 which I believe will prevent the SFA from really hammering our players because they've been dragging their heels over investigating what went on in the UAE.

Our boys might get a more lenient suspension because of this because the SFA already made a rod for their own back with the retrospective reds for Alfie and Roofe while letting others off.

They couldn't hammer our players and let 49 players and staff away with flagrent breaches. However, it is the SFA we're talking about.
The Motherwell incident was a SPFL decision not the SFA.

The issue they had was there was no rules in place at the start of the season and now just make it up as they go along and that's why there is so much inconsistency with the decisions that are made. The only thing that may prevent our players from a ban is their mess up with the linesman testing positive and close contacts not isolating. Dubai won't come into it the lower leagues got punished for that.

The manager is anticipating a ban so I'm sure we've been working on scenarios.

I'd hope Balogun is ready for Parkhead but otherwise we should be able to handle the other domestic games regardless of who we play at right-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back