What happens if they ban Patterson & the covid 5 today or tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP has previous for some questionable threads. That's all I'm going to say.

How do I? Please explain? Whats even questionable about this one? I wanted to know if we could delay Patterson's ban by appeal until Balogun and Tav were back if they decided to %^*& us over on matchday. Sick of idiots taking offence to everything on here. There were people calling me a mentally challenged for starting a thread about Atletico Madrid last week ffs.

Leon King would be the next right back in line then. No news is good news so far on Patterson and provided we can get both Jack and Balogun back for the old firm, I don’t think we’ve got anything to be worried about.

They are criminals, they broke covid rules and were fined as a result.
Rapists, murderers, paedophiles, those are criminals. I highly doubt every single person on this forum has adhered to the rules 100% since last March, this forum must be full of criminals.

I suspect one of two things will happen.

First option is nothing. Dubai gives us a free pass.

Second option is a notice of complaint will be issued and all involved will be banned after the league is won, up to the end of the season.
The club/players will accept the ban with no mention of Dubai.

Nothing other then my opinion but can't see it going any other way.

The idiot that called them criminals doesn't know what he is posting bout.
Was listening to Mike Graham the other day and he said that not one single Covid prosecution has been upheld by the courts as the laws that have been hastily drafted in haven't underwent full legal process and have not passed every stage of scrutiny in the House of Commons and House of Lords, and received Royal Assent to become an Act of Parliament, and Law.

Police can charge and fine you, but as soon as it's challenged in the courts, out it goes. Not sure if it's true, but seems legit.

I always think tactical appeals have the propensity to come back and bite you. I'd rather we take our medicine and come up with a contingency.

We're Rangers. We should be able to cope.
Very true. It's not as if we're in a closely fought battle to win the league, just take our medicine and get on with it, we've plenty in our locker to cope.

I suspect one of two things will happen.

First option is nothing. Dubai gives us a free pass.

Second option is a notice of complaint will be issued and all involved will be banned after the league is won, up to the end of the season.
The club/players will accept the ban with no mention of Dubai.

Nothing other then my opinion but can't see it going any other way.
Surely another option will be the Dhims fined for the Dubai Debacle in addition to any ban for our players? I still think that's the 'easy' way out for the new CO.

Nothing can happen due to them not taken any action with the scums breeches in dubai

Was listening to Mike Graham the other day and he said that not one single Covid prosecution has been upheld by the courts as the laws that have been hastily drafted in haven't underwent full legal process and have not passed every stage of scrutiny in the House of Commons and House of Lords, and received Royal Assent to become an Act of Parliament, and Law.

Police can charge and fine you, but as soon as it's challenged in the courts, out it goes. Not sure if it's true, but seems legit.
Probably best for The Lounge but I don't think anyone has taken it to the Courts yet that's all.

Here's what those fine 'anarchists' at human rights org Liberty have to say:

Post #61 in this thread explains why out players will be available for at least the Livi and St Mirren games.

We'll get charged, the Tim's won't. Won't happen before tomorrow's match, but all bets are off after that.

Any bans we should immediately appeal on the grounds of their dubai trip where they broke all the protocols and didn't even have any investigation.

We can't just take bans because we are pissing the league.

We'll get charged, the Tim's won't. Won't happen before tomorrow's match, but all bets are off after that.

Maybe delay it so that it fućks up our plans for the first few matches of next season ( plus the last 2 paed fc games this season ... obvs )?

You are always giving time to accept or challenge any sanction. That deadline would be after tomorrow
There won't be anything to accept of challenge until after there has been a Principal Hearing - and that's likely to be two weeks after they get cited. This isn't dealt with like an on-field Fast Track process. Its entirely different. See post #61. The players will be available for both Livi and St Mirren, even if cited this week.

They are criminals, they broke covid rules and were fined as a result.
5 people who are part of the same work bubble meeting up shouldn't be considered a breach, there's a reason we hammered Jones & Edmundson and not them.

The league fielding a linesman that should have been isolating is a breach though and it should see them with no leg to stand on in terms of handing out bans.

5 people who are part of the same work bubble meeting up shouldn't be considered a breach, there's a reason we hammered Jones & Edmundson and not them.

The league fielding a linesman that should have been isolating is a breach though and it should see them with no leg to stand on in terms of handing out bans.
The minute they leave the training ground or match venue they are no longer in a bubble with any teammates - hence not being permitted to car-share etc. You might disagree with the rules but that's what it is and that's what Rangers will have drummed into them time and time again. They were idiots.

The minute they leave the training ground or match venue they are no longer in a bubble with any teammates - hence not being permitted to car-share etc. You might disagree with the rules but that's what it is and that's what Rangers will have drummed into them time and time again. They were idiots.
I was mainly challenging the hysteria of branding them criminals, Zungu should have known better but otherwise it was 4 kids making a mistake.

I was mainly challenging the hysteria of branding them criminals, Zungu should have known better but otherwise it was 4 kids making a mistake.
Aside from disregarding what Rangers told them they broke the Law and got the FPN. From what I’ve read though it’s considered ‘unlikely’ that these will be added to the Police National Computer and hence, correctly, won’t give them a criminal record. So, they won’t be criminals but, for me, I don’t put it in the ‘mistake’ category either. An organised, pre- planned gathering for gaming and food by all accounts. So not even spontaneous.

I always think tactical appeals have the propensity to come back and bite you. I'd rather we take our medicine and come up with a contingency.

We're Rangers. We should be able to cope.
While I understand that sentiment, a Liverpool supporter could say the same: "We're Liverpool. We should be able to cope." But the absence of a just a few players has contributed to the failed defense of the EPL title.

With Tav out, the best replacement is Patterson. If he's banned (which he won't be, at least for tomorrow), we're stuck with Balogun. And if he's injured, whom do we play at RB? Jack? Maybe - but he's injured, too.

Are we allowed to appeal and free him up for the game tomorrow? Cheers.

We ask what’s happened to the Dubai punishment, Maxwell told us over 3 weeks ago they were investigating it

Lennon brought the whole game into disrepute with his finger pointing rant after it

The Scottish government got involved telling the SFA to investigate

They shat the bed over Dubai and are now in a predicament over what they do to the Young Rangers players

We are watching and they know it ....

Whatever else I hope that any ban, no matter how unjustified, would be expired before end of season - would hate the b-s---d- to try to disadvantage us into next season :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back