What happens next will define our future

THEGOVANFRONT

In my opinion thats how important what our board do next is.
And im not talking about the remainder of this season, i believe what happens next will define our very existence of where we will stand in this country for as far ahead as I can see.

We are at a crossroads we have never been at before & a quick fix is simply not the answer. The decisions made next need to be on the basis of a long term programme that when implemented need to be believed in & stuck to no matter the short term pain.

I do not claim to have the answers but, I think we can all agree that where we are right now & has continued to happen for the last 5 years has to end.

The club needs to make decisions on numerous aspects that will take us back to challenging again

1. A footballing ethos is a must
2. Our next manager simply needs to be better than their manager as the financial gap will not be closed without winning the league unless there's an investor out there in the wings
3. Our recruitment of players needs to be more thorough
5. Our PR needs to be addressed
6. Our club & it's fans need to be defended as the negativity at yimes surely impacts on sponsorships & even players willing to join
7. We need to think out the box with regards to finances - not an easy one

Whilst most of these things all seem simple & should be simple to address as a club we have failed on every aspect so far.

I don't think we should underestimate how big a challenge what happens next is as I said in my opinion it will define the future of our club and in all probability could define our future permanently

We should probably take a small (sic) step back and reduce the hysteria levels somewhat. Which is a general remark. We have played 14 matches and are not exactly at the basement of the table.

Changes in football never work "permanently". half-yearly, yearly or possibly for 5 years, if things to really well or indeed badly. "Losing" another title or even a couple more to the Scum is given far too high a regard here, as if the world would stop turning or we would end up relegated or also-rans forever. We all have seen enough happening in our lifetime as Bears to know that this won't happen - at least not without another EBT/Whyte stuff, though that is rather unlikely.

We all would hate it if we have another season without any sort of success, not to mention a couple or more. Still, over the last few years we have saved the ship from sinking and thinking about what has gone on off the park, we do move forward. Football is a game being played on the pitch though and there is no denying that we have failed to reach the expected standards just yet. Which is, of course, not to say that we'll never reach them. People and money need to be hauled on board and the sooner the better. I have no doubts that anyone at the top of our club likes what is going on or doesn't work their socks of to change it. But not everything is in their hands, which many seemingly to forget. The managerial situation is indeed baffling and one would like to know what the Board has to say about that and whom the DoF pulls out of the hat. No matter what happens and who it might be, this will change our course for a year or probably a couple, but sure not permanently.

We have been in existence since 1872 so what happens next won't define our existence, it will merely determine how successful we will be in the short to medium term.
unless there's investment in the offing, we are aiming for the best of the rest and McInness would have more or less guaranteed that. So the delay in appointing him is baffling.

I think we all feel the same way as the OP especially after the last few weeks, I have found myself thinking over the last few years of this nightmare and questioning things. The one thing I believe wholeheartedly is that we do have a board who want what’s best for the club I don’t think any of them are just there to wear the club tie and be the big I am, we are in good hands and we have overcame many hurdles off the field. There is a lot to be done to reach our rightful place but it won’t be done if we are divided I still back this board who are still in their infancy imo and I am prepared to give them time. I believe they are looking at every scenario for the next manager as they know how crucial this is.

I think we all feel the same way as the OP especially after the last few weeks, I have found myself thinking over the last few years of this nightmare and questioning things. The one thing I believe wholeheartedly is that we do have a board who want what’s best for the club I don’t think any of them are just there to wear the club tie and be the big I am, we are in good hands and we have overcame many hurdles off the field. There is a lot to be done to reach our rightful place but it won’t be done if we are divided I still back this board who are still in their infancy imo and I am prepared to give them time. I believe they are looking at every scenario for the next manager as they know how crucial this is.

Amstel, as a more mature bear I've seen many periods when we have had problems, but the support has to remember what we have been subjected to in the past 5 years is unprecedented in world football. We have to hold firm and show patience. Easier said than done but we will get there.

Amstel, as a more mature bear I've seen many periods when we have had problems, but the support has to remember what we have been subjected to in the past 5 years is unprecedented in world football. We have to hold firm and show patience. Easier said than done but we will get there.

A complete rebuild of the club with two hands tied behind our back. Unprecedented anywhere else in world football. It’s 55 that’s keeping me going

We were in a mess in 1983 and couldn't get Ferguson or McLean as manager and brought back big Jock.
We had to rely on signing Stuart Munro, Bobby Williamson, Dougie Bell and Ted McMinn.

Stop being a drama Queen

The vast majority of clubs would have folded. Once again I salute the Rangers family. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

An
We were in a mess in 1983 and couldn't get Ferguson or McLean as manager and brought back big Jock.
We had to rely on signing Stuart Munro, Bobby Williamson, Dougie Bell and Ted McMinn.

Stop being a drama Queen

And everyone of those players would walk into our team today !!!

An

And everyone of those players would walk into our team today !!!
Proving it can be done.
If we brought back Eck and he signed Moult, Walker, McLean and Doherty and improved us
it is a step in the right direction

We have wasted money on sh1t players and we are still playing a lot of last seasons failures.

Until we get someone in that knows wtf he is doing and we get decent players this inconsistency will be with us for a while.

The horrible thing is we have had an easy run of games and the next month is about to change on that front.

The only footballing ethos Rangers need is a winning one. No real fan cares about style or attractive football as long as we are winning trophies.

We have wasted money on sh1t players and we are still playing a lot of last seasons failures.

Until we get someone in that knows wtf he is doing and we get decent players this inconsistency will be with us for a while.

The horrible thing is we have had an easy run of games and the next month is about to change on that front.

Sir Alex wasted an astonishing amount at Man Utd.
All conveniently ignored.
Any signing is a gamble.

Veron for 28 mill sold for 15
That mental keeper Tabi(? spelling) bought for 5 million and he couldn't give him away.
7 million on Bebe and couldn't give him away

Mourinho paid 30 mill for Contreao( spelling) and couldn't give him away

Sir Alex wasted an astonishing amount at Man Utd.
All conveniently ignored.
Any signing is a gamble.

Veron for 28 mill sold for 15
That mental keeper Tabi(? spelling) bought for 5 million and he couldn't give him away.
7 million on Bebe and couldn't give him away

Mourinho paid 30 mill for Contreao( spelling) and couldn't give him away
What are you talking about ? why would i bring up bad signings from around the globe ? i am talking about our team and our players, what a strange reply, we could sit here all night talking about signings that have failed has nothing to do with the original post and position we are in.

Of course i know signings are a gamble !

Wish there was a Black Friday manager sale. The feeling is that lack of cash is the problem behind this protracted recruitment process

Back