What happens when you sack a caretaker?

I think there’s a very real possibility of Murty resigning if things continue as they are, and I fear a heavy defeat next week will end him as a manager. He seems like a guy who would hold his hands up if he feels in over his head.

Knowing our board they’d probably just replace him with Johanssen and our MD and DOF could kick-start another 8 week managerial search.

I suppose he is on secondment technically so he would go back to his substantive role, demoralised. This cannot end well unless we see a distinct upturn in results which, at the moment, seems unlikely. A couple of weeks ago, we were saying how frustrated we were as we could have been challenging for top spot if we hadn't dropped silly points to Dundee and Hamilton. Now I find myself looking down, worrying about where we would be if we hadn't won twice v the sheep and also v hibs! All in the space of two weeks!

I think there’s a very real possibility of Murty resigning if things continue as they are, and I fear a heavy defeat next week will end him as a manager. He seems like a guy who would hold his hands up if he feels in over his head.

Knowing our board they’d probably just replace him with Johanssen and our MD and DOF could kick-start another 8 week managerial search.
I agree with you I think Murty will walk he looks to me as if he is almost greetin after we get beat and he will not take much more the boy is being used to save money really so he will know this and walk.

Back