Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 20:00 Wednesday - Sky Sports

Very poor half. What's more depressing is some of the suggestions to change it.....bring on Barasic and Dessers. Sad times.
Just scrape something up Rangers. PLEASE.

It's over, they know it, we know it

They'll be in dressing room now, like they have been before knowing they are not strong enough

Clement for me is in the ropes as well, we need a manager who can change things
He can only change things with the players we have. The players are to blame for this total collapse. And just at the point in the season where they need to show some steel
Not the managers fault that this lot don’t have one pair of cohones between them
Gutless

We may well scrape the win in the second half but this level of performance is absolutely unacceptable. Time and time again we start games so slow and lethargic under Clement it’s becoming a real trend now and is very worrying.

The manager has been here for 6 months and I couldn’t tell you his style of play.

No patterns, no similar movements, and no intensity in the final third.

Aimless punts forward and relying on Tav to chip in with a worldie.

hope he stays fit and we can get him sold i dont care how much for just get rid
He's like Roofe, only at us because of the doubt over his fitness. We keep signing guys like that and prospects. We need to sign a Captain & better players. With what money I have no idea as we can't keep rebuilding on buttons

Btw my point stands in a thread after Ross county. Cantwell should be nowhere near a rangers side next season. Brings zero to the ‘10’ position
Agreed, one the most over hyped players on here and we have alot of over hyped players.
He is absolutely anonymous again.

This team is spent, 6 cup finals someone said, if you knew fcuk all about Scottish football you'd be excused for thinking the team in navy blue were challenging for the league.
We truly are a shambles, I thought at least we would be putting in maximum effort and showing a bit of urgency, just shows how wrong you can be.

We are sitting 5-10yards too deep and our midfield and forwards aren’t pressing as a unit. Big improvement needed if we want to win this.

Reactions: TPP
That was a pen on Sima - clearly shoves him in the back and puts him off.

Regardless, this is absolute turgid pish - we would be as well going 4-4-2 and trying to launch it forwards as we can’t pass it that’s for sure

I think it’s a reflection of the squad quality. We’re tinkering with an average bunch of players and you could easily take 3 or 4 of them off at HT.

He could have started Borna, Matondo, Dessers? All players who we regularly say shouldn’t have started and should be subbed off in games.

Trying to get a tune out of not a lot of quality. Brutal.
We are playing Dundee this squad should be beating them 9/10 there’s more than enough quality in our team.
It was the same at the weekend, we were playing the 2nd bottom team in Scotland. It’s not like these teams have sat back with 10 in the box.
Our attitude and application is fuckin stinking, there’s players out there who can’t pass a ball, shelling it out the park it’s embarrassing at times.

Fucking terrible to think we have a massive gap in the middle of the park for 3 or 4 games now while the guy who could make the difference is filling in at LB.

Move Sterling into midfield, put anyone half capable at left back and move Sima to the left wing to cover. We played Aribo at LB FFS.

Sima got 15 goals playing off the left wing before his injury, he comes back and we put him on the right and persist with Silva.

I genuinely thought the gaffer had the balls to do something different, make a statement, draw a line under the past few seasons and show us that’s the end of this era please.

I just don’t understand how this is the same team that’s been able to get us back into a title race after being out on their arse in October. So many problems all over the pitch

The manager better be going mental at the players at halftime.
I'd not even bother if I were him. Leave them to it. They've checked out, can't see the manager being able to instill any sort of mentality in any of them that's required to be at this club. I'd have them all in tomorrow morning no matter how this game turns out to tell every single one of them they are no longer required at this football club and to find themselves a move in the summer.

Really difficult to be positive and optimistic after watching that.
A seriously suspect defence, a slow and predictable midfield that creates nothing, and very little goal threat up front.

Sima apart, we have been terrible.

These are the awful boring games that title winners find a way to win 1-0.
And title runners up drop points. Time will tell, but I fear which one we're watching.

no commitment, no urgency, no will to win
ffs we are trying to win the league here,
it looks like we are happy to be in the top 6,
a lacklustre perfomance, we will not win the league with this lot i'm afraid.

Terrible first half. Take anyone of that midfield 3 off as they have given us nothing once again. Get McCausland on for Silva and move Sima out left.

Such a flat performance with no urgency in this team. Hopefully Clement realises these players will let him down when it matters and doesn't fall for the same mistake previous managers have made

Just no reaction from these players at all, same players and this is the third manager in a row. You don’t have to look hard for the common denominator

Get them out the usual suspects, sick of seeing them season in and out, surely Clement will get rid in summer.

Since Motherwell.

Our form has fallen off a cliff.

Regardless of this result tonight, we dont look like the same team that Clement came in and rejuvenated.

Is it managers bounce gone? (Gio and Beale both had similar starts with these players)

Is it tactics?

Is it bottle?

Somethings happened

Its clear the players are beaten already league wise in there heads,most hiding now you can see there desperate for the end of season to get away from any pressure.

I'll be honest I don't feel like watching us again until next season. Desperate stuff, 4 out of the last 5 halves of football have been utterly brutal. If we win it's delaying the inevitable.

Do we think that the manager gives them their character one too many times, then the senior players just chuck it and get the manager the punt? Its fucking ridiculous how effort and desire just falls away.
There must come a point where Clement having to gee them up constantly at HT loses its impact.

Back