Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 20:00 Wednesday - Sky Sports

Totally fed up with our midfield being behind our defenders
Relying on CH to be our creativity timecafter time is embarrassing and killing us.
Needs changed

I'd take Lawrence off and Raskin on

Take one player out that hole and let the front 3 use that space, it's far to crowded,

Silva off McAusland on and more Sima to the left
Sima is far away and away the best option for that left forward slot. Weakening ourselves having him on the right and a bit of a headscratcher of a decision from the manager imo.

We may come out this half and end up with the 3 points

Quite telling there’s not many who seem to be believing that will be the case, mainly because we know what this squad is all about

Devoid of confidence, this next 45 minutes will be the making of them and their future at Rangers amongst the support.
Lawrence is brutal and I can even make a case for Lundstram when he is in the middle of the engine room himself.

It will come, keep believing

This has been a pathetic reaction. Horrible to watch. Once this team decide they've chucked it there's no turning it back round. At least 10 and probably closer to 15 need to leave.

I said days ago that they asked the fans to get behind the team and the fans did it, these players had a good chance of winning the league and treble and were in the driving seat, they got what should be a wake-up call from Motherwell and got away with it. None of those things made any difference and got these players fired up, didn't even move the needle a little - there is absolutely nothing that can done or offered to the majority of these players, we get zero reaction from them time and time again. 7/8 games to go and they throw in the towel, I mean c'mon to %^*& - what kind of team and players do that?

Go in at halftime after that dross, what can Clement do - they don't do what he tells them. trying to push another manager out the door, maybe Clement has said some hurty words to them and they aren't trying again.

Terrible game of football. Anybody's game at this stage. We could have been behind in 40 seconds - again. Got lucky with an offside goal. Don't see how we're going to change it right now. League is drifting away.

Outplayed by another mediocre mid table SPFL, at least they are not in the bottom six. Playing at a snails pace, barely creating any chances and god knows where a goal is coming from in this game.

We won every game we played in January and February, eleven games. We weren’t pretty in all of them but you just knew we were winning them. Since the start of March we’ve won two of seven games, got ourselves knocked out of Europe and are likely forty five minutes away from gifting the League to Celtic. Worst of all, we look like a mid table SPFL team.

Since Motherwell.

Our form has fallen off a cliff.

Regardless of I prefer men tonight, we dont look like the same team that Clement came in and rejuvenated.

Is it managers bounce gone? (Gio and Beale both had similar starts with these players)

Is it tactics?

Is it bottle?

Somethings happened
It's bottle

Something is just missing from our play tonight, the players just do not seem to have that spark. To me it looks like Sunday is still very much on the players mind and they seem to be very wary about making a mistake so are playing safe instead.

I am scared to say this but even if we get a result here tonight, for the life of me I just can not see how those same players can get a result at the piggery.
Bottom sentence totally agree, I argued with another poster on here after the old firm game when we fought back from 2 goals down as I genuinely believed we’d turned a corner in terms of mentality. But after Sunday and that first half tonight we will be dead and buried come half time at parkhead.

Our defence is slow and has no positional sense.

Our attackers can’t finish chances.

But, most importantly, we don’t have a midfield.

We have one central midfielder in the team…

One!

In these games, it’s a battle first and foremost before you can play, and the battle is always won in midfield.

In 37 years of watching Rangers play against Celtic, the team who wins the midfield has won the game 90% of the time and we let them dominate that area.

How is this not obvious to our manager?

Since Motherwell.

Our form has fallen off a cliff.

Regardless of I prefer men tonight, we dont look like the same team that Clement came in and rejuvenated.

Is it managers bounce gone? (Gio and Beale both had similar starts with these players)

Is it tactics?

Is it bottle?

Somethings happened
Can’t believe our dip in form. It’s soul destroying.

I'm glad Clement was furious with goldson and Lundstram fcking about I hope he has torn them apart along with the rest in the break.
He watched them fucking around for the whole game on Sunday and he still started them tonight.

If the Manager isn’t telling Lundstram to basically play as a 3rd centre back then Lundstram must be just suiting himself.

Either way a shambles.

The manager has been here for 6 months and I couldn’t tell you his style of play.

No patterns, no similar movements, and no intensity in the final third.

Aimless punts forward and relying on Tav to chip in with a worldie.
Mate the players are hopeless, Clement was doing well until we lost our wingers in Sima and Cortes to injury and then lost our LB as well. The players coming in just aren't good enough.

I know it’s been said constantly but it’s true.

This only changes when we change personnel.

The mentality where our players crumble at any challenge in the league regardless of the talent of the opposition is infuriating.

We have players who thrive being second in the league but cannot cope with the pressure of leading.

For the third season in a row we need a complete overhaul.

Zero reaction from the players and that’s the damning verdict. Useless the lot of them, couldn’t care less how many go in the summer for the first time since we came back I’ve zero affiliation with anyone in this team. Sad indictment of where we are

Barisic on and Sterling moved to CM or RB. Silva off for Matondo and might as well stick Raskin on for Lundstram so he can stand beside the CB's and take the ball with a full Dundee team in front of him
Yes, I have had enough of this Sterling being moved around pish! Middle of the park, destroying play and driving forward breaking the lines.
I don't care whether it's Borna, Davies or even King at LB but stop fucking wasting our biggest player with some drive and courage

These teams are staring to get into our heads now and the manager needs to sort it out. Crap pitch, under inflated balls and an opposition going down easier than Jenna Jamieson mean we can't get a rhythm going but they should be miles better than this.

The problem we have is the team is based on Lundstrams position being key

Either he thinks hes too good and strolls about
Or he is completely gone fitness wise

Not driving forward
Content to get it and punt long or get rid quick
Defensive passes are a lottery, effort at a minimum

The entire game slows down and thats always been our downfall in recent seasons

High tempo usually get us results

Back