What Have We Got?

I hate to hit you with them negative waves, but we didn’t look so brilliant last Sunday.

This is our problem - great in Europe, not so domestically.

I’m still not convinced the one size fits all approach Gerrard favours is going to bring the silverware we want.

No problem. Some difference when we play in Europe without corrupt SPFL officials.

We have a great team in the making and tbh the desire is there for all to see.

Up until this season the gap has just been too big over the course of a season.

Less so this season? But legit questions remain over mentality, and relative squad quality in depth. That plus reasonable suspicions over officiating.

I think this season is the first since 2012 where we're even close to them in terms of what we have in our squad.

It only took a couple of injuries to really disrupt things in the past couple of seasons, which was symptomatic of the mess Gerrard inherited. That's not as big a factor now, as evidenced by a strong start while the likes of Morelos isn't at his best, Defoe has barely kicked a ball, McGregor missed games, Jack and Aribo have missed games, Itten and Roofe have had injuries, and Barker (firmly in the plans, even if we as fans don't rate him) is also injured just now. Add losing Katic for pretty much this season and it's been a tricky spell that way.

Many say we aren't stronger than last season. I believe the evidence so far suggests otherwise.

I agree pal.

Fewer excuses this season than at any stage since our return to the top flight.

I think there remain two qualitative differences / gapS between us and that other mhob.

The first one May be the comparative depth In quality - and the options that gives their manager at key times in games.

The second is a better balance, variety and mix in midfield (including in depth). They just have more and better quality options in that department.
The main difference is going to be referees and the decisions against us

Almost everyone on here had Kent as the best attacking midfielder in the league last season and Morelos as the best striker, and yet when the chips were down after December 29th, Kent got no assists in 10 games and Morelos got no goals or assists in 8. I won’t quote the numbers from our rivals but you get the point. I’m not going to get carried away until I see standards maintained for a full season.

Last edited:
Zero return.

I don't mean to be negative or take away from your point but being the best team on paper wins %^*& all.
And I don't want to be negative to your point mate but in professional Sport nowadays people spend fortunes on mind coaches, every one of them is employed to convince the Player / Team that they are winners, we have half a support that spend their time writing about how we are serial losers. Believe it or not but almost the whole of Europe will be looking on enviously at last night's result, genuinely impressed that we can go to Holland and beat one of their leading sides 0-4. We should be walking around so chuffed with ourselves and our team, not scratching around for negatives to beat the Players with!!

Zero return.

I don't mean to be negative or take away from your point but being the best team on paper wins %^*& all.
Plenty other factors are stifling us outside of ability.
Time and time again points have been stolen from us and gifted elsewhere.

That’s not paranoia, it stares us in the face almost weekly.

We are a better team than the beasts.
A blind man can see it.

The best team on paper should win honours. Will it ever be allowed to?

Last edited:
The Hibs game set me back. I have doubts we have the consistency for the title, seen this movie too often. They are playing shit and winning too, yes the ref was predictably shit and questionable, but we had the chances to win and we did not defend well in their chances. Worries me greatly as these are the games we need to win, I think we’ll take more off them this season than they will us. The Hibs and the likes are where we cannot mess it up, they are fucking shit as well! We should be hammering them, we are the best footballing team in the league!

Blue tinted goggles off:

Best keeper in the league - Yes, probably but make no mistake, the Celtic keeper is a good goalkeeper.

Best left back in the league - Attacking wise yes. Defensively no. Overall, very possibly.

Best right back in the league - On his game, yes. Still defensively suspect and probably always will be.

Best centre back in the league (arguably
two best centre backs in the league) - Goldson? Helander? I'm still not totally convinced but in fairness our style of play and shape can leave them exposed.

Best wide attacking player in the league - Kent? Agreed. Anyone else, no.

The best all round footballer in the league on current form - Kent again? That is unarguable right now.

What we don't have is the best attacking midfielder in the league - could have been Aribo but right now is Christie - he makes just about EVERYTHING happen for them - even if he simply shoots 24/7 when receiving the ball anywhere near goal.

Best striker in the league? Still a question mark over Morelos this season. Edouard was absolutely terrible last night. This is the one we have to win. Itten and Ajeti are both Swiss internationals...Itten actually rated higher of late but Ajeti has got off the mark quicker in our league. We need Itten to come good.

I think this season is the first since 2012 where we're even close to them in terms of what we have in our squad.

It only took a couple of injuries to really disrupt things in the past couple of seasons, which was symptomatic of the mess Gerrard inherited. That's not as big a factor now, as evidenced by a strong start while the likes of Morelos isn't at his best, Defoe has barely kicked a ball, McGregor missed games, Jack and Aribo have missed games, Itten and Roofe have had injuries, and Barker (firmly in the plans, even if we as fans don't rate him) is also injured just now. Add losing Katic for pretty much this season and it's been a tricky spell that way.

Many say we aren't stronger than last season. I believe the evidence so far suggests otherwise.

We’re definitely stronger than last season - we’ve spent something like £7m boosting our forward line for a start - but I think we’re still one or two players short of sustaining a title challenge throughout the entire season.

There’s a lot to like about us. When we’re up for it we play the best football in the country, I don’t think that’s in doubt, but it has to come together consistently this season in a way it hasn’t quite managed to date and I think that’s probably dependent on adding those players.

A talented team that need to add a winning instinct.

losing or drawing has to hurt as much as winning feels good.

Lots of negative vibes on here in recent days, so I thought it might be worth a wee bit of the other.

I think we unarguably have the following in our first team squad.

Best keeper in the league (possibly best two keepers in the league)

Best left back in the league

Best right back in the league

two best centre backs in the league)

Best wide attacking player in the league.

The best all round footballer in the league on current form.

Am I overstating it or am I missing anything here.

Maybe an upgrade in centre mid, on our right flank and at centre forward away from being a really good side?
No you’re bang on. Unfortunately the country is run by people that have an anti Rangers agenda. From judges, compliance officers to spfl officials. I’m pretty confident in saying we are the better actual football team in Scotland. No doubt about it tbh. But we will never be allowed to win the league this season. The fact that a small percentage of our own support actually vote to put these people in high places is quite disturbing. To be polite

Lots of negative vibes on here in recent days, so I thought it might be worth a wee bit of the other.

Maybe an upgrade in centre mid, on our right flank and at centre forward away from being a really good side?
Not one of that mobs players bar Ajer (for his ball playing ability) on his day gets in our defence. Kent also plays but other than that I think the rest of middle to front is filled with their players. Aribo I think by the end of the season will be viewed as the best midfielder in the league but he isn’t at the moment. Ultimately as good as it is being solid defensively attacks win you the league when your league is as poor as it is. We still need some players middle to front

You've been here long enough, that's not going to work on here, too many computer generated tactician's that know better that qualified professionals.
We're in a very good place and have made more progress in the past 2 years than we have in the last 10.

p.s. if someone sends you a response by pm its good manners to respond. ;)

You've been here long enough, that's not going to work on here, too many computer generated tactician's that know better that qualified professionals.
We're in a very good place and have made more progress in the past 2 years than we have in the last 10.

p.s. if someone sends you a response by pm its good manners to respond. ;)
Ah shite! Mea culpa! ‍♂️

We have the best starting XI, most objective Scottish football fans would concede that.

Eduoard and Ajeti are realistically the only two who would get into our side. Maybe Chrisite too, even though he's a fairly horrible person.

But as I keep saying, our bench isn't great. Given that amount of games we're going to be playing this year this is why I'm a bit worried. Injuries, suspensions, fatigue will all play a part. And it's ultimately squad depth that sees you through.

I'm confident we can win all 4 Old Firm games this season, in fact, I expect us to get a bare minimum of 8 points. However, it's the other SPL dross I'm worried about. It seems strange but we are more in danger of shipping points to industrial, low quality teams who play a basic 5-6-0 formation.

We have the best starting XI, most objective Scottish football fans would concede that.

Eduoard and Ajeti are realistically the only two who would get into our side. Maybe Chrisite too, even though he's a fairly horrible person.

But as I keep saying, our bench isn't great. Given that amount of games we're going to be playing this year this is why I'm a bit worried. Injuries, suspensions, fatigue will all play a part. And it's ultimately squad depth that sees you through.

I'm confident we can win all 4 Old Firm games this season, in fact, I expect us to get a bare minimum of 8 points. However, it's the other SPL dross I'm worried about. It seems strange but we are more in danger of shipping points to industrial, low quality teams who play a basic 5-6-0 formation.
If either us or them win all four OF games that’s the league won.

Some fair points but im not sure that being the (slightly) better side really matters when you have a half a dozen bent officials desperate to cause the club problems. Madden next hes the worst of the lot.

As for the point above about winning 4 old firm games, i mean come on that would be a massive ask for the very best Rangers sides or, even if we were allowed to bring in neutral refs it would be close games that come down to a mistake or a bit of brilliance.

I find it a bit odd the way we go from being nowhere near them to better than them from month to month, there probably isnt much in it but theres a reason the tim board/journos are not in the slightest bit worried about us... because they have worked out that over the season corruption= suspended players, our most talented players possibly injured by thuggery and next to no refereeing decisions going our way at important times, which means as long as they deal with the garbage while sharing the points in the old firm games that will be enough to be champions.

This seasons our season. Weve had a couple of bad results but Im hoping that just adds fuel to the fire. Try and keep our injuries down, another couple of players through the door and theres no way they bastards are taking our champions league spot next year

This seasons our season. Weve had a couple of bad results but Im hoping that just adds fuel to the fire. Try and keep our injuries down, another couple of players through the door and theres no way they bastards are taking our champions league spot next year

We need to win more than 3-4 games in a row if we have any chance mate, but I think we will do it.

Back