What is the point of VAR?

There is no point arguing with him. He can't see past his love for Liverpool. If it was at the other end and it was Salah swan diving then it would have been a penalty cause the defenders leg put him off.

Bit of a divvie of a post that.

The technology isn’t the problem, it’s the fucktards using it.

Officials moaned for years that they needed assistance and now they have it they seem reluctant to implement it to over rule decisions.

I get the impression that there is a fear from referees that if they use VAR 5/6 times a game then they may be demoted etc.

Still it’s frustrating watching a game and seeing major errors still occurring.

I always find it hilarious when people come on here and think VAR will actually help us in this piss pot league, seriously you have to be joking.

So you can’t spell Cassidy because you’ve being on the ale but you joined nearly a year ago, that’s one fu(k off bender.

It's Cassady as in Neal Cassady ( Neal is spelled or spelt correctly too )

You don't even know who is is , do you ?

It's Cassady as in Neal Cassady ( Neal is spelled or spelt correctly too )

You don't even know who is is , do you ?
Hey, you’ve been on the piss all day, do you even know it’s now Wednesday?
Does this Neal Cassady come from dyslexia land by any chance or maybe Ireland.

It wasn’t a penalty and again VAR can’t see it. But I won’t lose any sleep for a team who have a guy who goes down quicker than most, he even dived last night to try to win a free kick in a dangerous position.

Your actually a bit of a dick and like quite a lot on here let their hatred for Robertson completely blinkers their opinion on what he does, diving Tally b’stard and UEFA ‘s VAR system like the EPL is a farce.

You dont know me bawbag so no need for insults.

Opinions mate.

As the title suggests,why even bother with this.Napoli player blatantly dives in box and VAR doesn’t overturn the penalty.Disgraceful decision by the ref and an even worse decision not to overturn it.
Heard on talksport there that if the ref is happy with his decision then VAR cannot overturn it. More confusion!

Until the refs union stop trying to protect refs it will never satisfy. They have to go full exposure, miked refs, big screen showing all angles in the stadium, and that the ref watches the replays on his monitor rather than relying on some invisible “ref”.
It may slow it down, but better for the ref to go straight to the sidelines than wait to hear the geek in a box isn’t sure.
Then the decision announced by the ref.
No way. If that's the way you want football to go,I would suggest you take up watching the NFL. What your suggesting will absolutely murder the game as a spectator sport.

This whole VAR thing has been led by tv companies to suit the armchair fan and it's doing untold damage already. For God's sake the game was going along just fine with more people and countries taking up the game,making it the most popular in the world by a country mile
Why are they hellbent on americanising the game,ironically in a country that football/soccer isn't the top sport.

That’s beyond ridiculous. So a bent referee can stick by his decision, even when all the evidence shows otherwise?!

Get VAR so far to %^*&.

Again, it's not VAR that's the issue it's the rules surrounding it.

For me VAR should only be used for yes or no decisions , like was the ball over the line , was it offside , shouldn’t be used in situations where people could interpret things differently , because then it’s just an opinion it doesn’t actually give a correct answer.

For me VAR should only be used for yes or no decisions , like was the ball over the line , was it offside , shouldn’t be used in situations where people could interpret things differently , because then it’s just an opinion it doesn’t actually give a correct answer.
Been beating this drum for ages.

Var doesn’t prove that last night was a penalty or a dive. It’s an opinion people have of the incident. If a ball is over the line people can’t have an opinion of that. It’s either over or not.

It might be a correct answer.
Just a different correct than somebody else.

Sorry I disagree.VAR should be used for incidents like last night.A clear case of cheating to win a penalty and ultimately win the game.Nearly everyone on this thread called it as a dive(the few others are either taking the piss or have an agenda).Its a blatant dive and if any decent referee who has the chance to look at the replays agrees with the ref then they are as bent as the player.

So even if there's a clear foul that the officials miss, you don't think VAR should be used?

As the title suggests,why even bother with this.Napoli player blatantly dives in box and VAR doesn’t overturn the penalty.Disgraceful decision by the ref and an even worse decision not to overturn it.

It was a penalty, albeit soft. And it WAS reviewed by VAR. And it was hilarious #redshite

The Chelsea one was worse...headed straight at the guy who didn't move. He didn't make shape bigger, or raise an arm...he just stood there and it hit him from 3 yards. They NEED to get the rule sorted out...is it a 'enhanced profile'? Raising an arm? Deflecting the ball?

It was a penalty, albeit soft. And it WAS reviewed by VAR. And it was hilarious #redshite

The Chelsea one was worse...headed straight at the guy who didn't move. He didn't make shape bigger, or raise an arm...he just stood there and it hit him from 3 yards. They NEED to get the rule sorted out...is it a 'enhanced profile'? Raising an arm? Deflecting the ball?
It was a blatant dive and never a penalty in a million years. The player should have been booked for diving (cheating). Robertson’s leg was back on the ground. Callejon threw himself. Put aside your Everton specs for goodness sake.

I hate it. Honestly would rather go back to the way football was before it and just pretend it never happened.

Even puts me off watching some games now.

It was never a penalty in a million years.

In the case last night, the defender made a bad challenge and it was a foul. That the forward just about missed his leg but somehow fell over in any case doesn’t take away the intent.

In general though.... I hate VAR. Part of the pull of football for me has always been that it isn’t exact, that there are wrong decision and that you need to deal with that.
VAR doesn’t stop wrong decisions, it gets questionable ones reviewed for the bigger clubs. And it takes away from some of the drama.

It was a blatant dive and never a penalty in a million years. The player should have been booked for diving (cheating). Robertson’s leg was back on the ground. Callejon threw himself. Put aside your Everton specs for goodness sake.
Haha..cannot believe we are still arguing over this.This is not about football allegiance’s, it’s about the overall aspect of VAR.
Before VAR we would all debate that decision saying the ref got conned and it happened at pace so maybe you could see how he would give it.
We now have a system to check this and the ability to say to the ref..mate you got it wrong,mone have a wee look at this.How anyone still thinks that’s not a blatant dive really need to have a word with themselves.

i dont get why people are saying it wasnt a penalty it was a clear foul by liverpools weakest player.

Ref was right, Var was right, watch it again and think of Alfie attacking and tell us you wouldnt be saying its a pretty obvious penalty.
If thats a penalty mate the game is done. Just run around throwing yourslef down at every oportunity , what a spectacle that would be!

I don't get why they couldn't make it as simple as goal line technology was.

If its offside, a handball, a foul has been given in/out the box incorrectly or a clear dive and the refs missed it, then make him aware. Everything else is as it was.

i dont get why people are saying it wasnt a penalty it was a clear foul by liverpools weakest player.

Ref was right, Var was right, watch it again and think of Alfie attacking and tell us you wouldnt be saying its a pretty obvious penalty.

Did Robertson shag your bird or something?

It was a clear dive and he isn't Liverpools weakest player. Even if he was, he would stroll in to our side.

I don't get why they couldn't make it as simple as goal line technology was.

If its offside, a handball, a foul has been given in/out the box incorrectly or a clear dive and the refs missed it, then make him aware. Everything else is as it was.

Because two of those are still subjective.

VAR is a waste of time but it appears we are stuck with it. As for the Napoli penalty, on TV it looked like a pen though I haven't had my magnifying glass on it. Presumably VAR thought that it was not an obvious error by the officials. Sounded like a great atmosphere on the radio.

Did Robertson shag your bird or something?

It was a clear dive and he isn't Liverpools weakest player. Even if he was, he would stroll in to our side.

Yeah but only because left back is a problem position for us, hes ok nothing special

It doesnae matter that the foreign guy is laughing while hes going down, put your leg in like that and make a daft challange in the box in a euro game and its gonna be given.

Im pretty sure loads of english pundits would have said its a foul, some might even be ex Liv players.

Yeah but only because left back is a problem position for us, hes ok nothing special

It doesnae matter that the foreign guy is laughing while hes going down, put your leg in like that and make a daft challange in the box in a euro game and its gonna be given.

Im pretty sure loads of english pundits would have said its a foul, some might even be ex Liv players.

Wit haha

Putting your leg infront of you isn't a foul unless you are obstructing the opponent in any way. There is zero contact, the Napoli player is going down well before the legs even out.

In that system at Liverpool Robertson is in the 3 best left backs in the world.

Mike Riley (sp) was doing the Var for the Liverpool v Newcastle game when a Liverpool player was grappled to the ground in the box in what according to every pundit was a clear penalty.

Then the same guy sent off a West Ham player for what he deemed a second bookable offence on Monday that every pundit called a wrong decision!

At the end of the day VAR is nothing more than incompetent refs making wrong decisions!

The striker took advantage of a very clumsy challenge by a player that looked the weak link on the night. So what if he enjoyed it and is probably still joking about it now. It was clever play.

I wonder if the Italian press or fans are saying Robertson is one of the worlds best left backs i would doubt it. Liverpool should sell him next window while his value is at crazy mental epl level.

You've only got to read the posts on here to see that no matter what VAR had done it would have been wrong in the eyes of some. I genuinely did not see the tackle but I also genuinely thought that if a pen was awarded and there was any question that VAR would get used. Maybe I'm wrong in that assertion.

Back