what is Uefa's punishment for a club that covers up paedophilia?

This is perhaps the perfect time for Rangers to release a statement directed at UEFA asking why the rush to punish the club and enquire why with all the public knowledge of the goings on in Scotland regarding historical child abuse the organisation haven’t taken ANY action or made comment as to the club concerned. Is singing a song more offensive and serious as ruining youngsters lives . This could bring the subject into major media exposure and uefa would either have to comment further or accuse Rangers of bringing the game into disrepute.This could open up the flood gates for public discussion in major media outlets . Just a thought.

This is perhaps the perfect time for Rangers to release a statement directed at UEFA asking why the rush to punish the club and enquire why with all the public knowledge of the goings on in Scotland regarding historical child abuse the organisation haven’t taken ANY action or made comment as to the club concerned. Is singing a song more offensive and serious as ruining youngsters lives . This could bring the subject into major media exposure and uefa would either have to comment further or accuse Rangers of bringing the game into disrepute.This could open up the flood gates for public discussion in major media outlets . Just a thought.
See post number 10...

they've literally labelled the support racist

wise the %^*& up
Exactly, this whole who cares about them, well I do.

They are the nearest rivals and the evidence against them with their discrepancies is astonishing yet nothing of note punishment. Attacking player on pitch, slap on wrists.

Singing a song, stadium closure.

Paedophilia nagh nothing to see here.

We could sing the BB anthem and still be charged.

Let’s get our own house in order, stop worrying about the scum, and get the target moved off of our backs and onto someone else’s.
Yes, that old argument from around 2001, how will Celtics behaviour from 2 weeks ago against Motherwell be reported?

Likewise when Celtic fans attack police and police horses in Amsterdam, they ed up being the victims!

Let's get our own house in order and there's nothing the Authorities (Football or otherwise) can ever do to punish us any more :cool:

That'll be feckin right :mad::mad:
I remember way back in 2004 posters laughing at the old chip chip threads
I remember posters asking David Murray to back us :Do_O

I believe that the majority will now, going forward, stop singing these ‘offending words’, we have to or we will suffer a greater punishment BUT how long until the bheasts and paedos and their backers find another reason to come after us, find another word to change the meaning of?
As that poster on FF way back in 2004 wrote, they won't stop until we're gone.

Last edited:
It rips my knitting, we get hammered yet the scum are untouchable, i have trouble swallowing this.
They are after us, no doubt about it.

This is about us

The “ah but” attitude from some on here simply needs to change.

Yes it is about us and we need to respond positively.

Now, what is it they say about justice? The punishment should fit the crime! “Naughty” words will mean a stand closed and repeat performances may be an empty stadium. What would child abuse warrant? - a year suspension from football per victim and at the very least another year suspension for each year of cover up. That should see the mentally challenged club out of football for at least 100 years. I don’t consider that excessive and I won’t shed a tear (just the polar opposite in fact).

Our support will have zero, nada, no, and I repeat, no effect on what happens about the paedo ring at the Piggery. That's in the hands of lawyers and no amount of..but..but we just sing songs, they're paedos don't punish us, punish them, will make any difference. UEFA did us for singing a banned song, did us for not sticking to their rules. Nobody at UEFA cares about Their misdemeanours behind closed doors. We are their focus because we were told to stop it and we didn't. Please bin the 'what about them' pish and stop whining like mentally challengeds. Let's just clean up our act.

As long as our reaction to rebuke or censure regarding our songbook is, ‘Aye but what about them tims?’ We are going to be continuously fucked. We know the songs and the add ons that are banned it doesn’t matter if it’s fair or not as UEFA couldn’t give a %^*& about our opinion. We stop singing the songs or we will get an utter shafting.

It rips my knitting, we get hammered yet the scum are untouchable, i have trouble swallowing this.
They are after us, no doubt about it.

Your words sum up exactly how I feel.

And the utter utter frustration I feel towards the, what I think we can now officially call, "Get our own house in order" Brigade. Those charmingly naive people.

As long as our reaction to rebuke or censure regarding our songbook is, ‘Aye but what about them tims?’ We are going to be continuously fucked. We know the songs and the add ons that are banned it doesn’t matter if it’s fair or not as UEFA couldn’t give a %^*& about our opinion. We stop singing the songs or we will get an utter shafting.

Two separate issues but you carry on with the only one that matters to you.

Im interested in asking for consistency, fair treatment and justice because these affect us too.

Let's get our own house in order and there's nothing the Authorities (Football or otherwise) can ever do to punish us any more :cool:

I believe that the majority will now, going forward, stop singing these ‘offending words’, we have to or we will suffer a greater punishment BUT how long until the bheasts and paedos and their backers find another reason to come after us, find another word to change the meaning of?
They will never stop coming after us. If it’s not the songs, it will be something else. It’s all they have.

It's clear now a majority of us just want consistency. Fairness.

I'd happily see an end to these sorts of songs if I felt it wasn't just a witch hunt.

Your words sum up exactly how I feel.

And the utter utter frustration I feel towards the, what I think we can now officially call, "Get our own house in order" Brigade. Those charmingly naive people.
Exactly fella. Some of our fans don't understand that putting our house in order by binning songs won't put the house in order. They'll move on to other songs. The offensive links might get more tenuous, but if we don't see what FARE has written about us, how do we know that they wouldn't class Rule Brittania as offensive?

Let’s be honest I’ve been to Rangers doos all over Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK and some people just can’t wait to sing sectarian songs and tell you FTP and laugh although their probably married to a Catholic and their kids go to one of their schools it’s embarrassing in the extreme it’s time to stop it at games at doos and any other place where we gather let’s celebrate our great club not hatred for our fellow citizens who happen to be of a different religion if we wipe it out like the Northern Ireland support have done then we take the high ground and ask the question

They lost the battle in 2004,They didn't give up the war, regrouped and are approaching from a different angle with the same objective.

Back