What is your favourite ever Rangers goal?

Erik Bo Anderson’s first goal v Celtic at Ibrox, 3-1 game, it was 1-1 and they had us right under the cosh, the sense of relief and euphoria was unreal.

Closely followed by McCoist at Hampden, SC semi in the rain with 10 men.

Gazza’s goal against them , the fact they’d just hit the bar , the burst through the midfield , the cross from the left , the header and the celebration all brilliant , what a counter attack.

Kenny Miller in the 9 man cup final against St Mirren. Can rmbr being at the game convinced the ref Thomson if I recall right was a corrupt bastard. Was hoping we could somehow hold out in extra time & win it on pens. When Miller scored the elation of joy was amazing to win it in such adversity. One of my all time favourite games & for that it’s one of my all time fav goals & also who can forget the pigeons lol.

Ally’s goal at Elland Road rightly getting plaudits but I loved Hateley’s goal that night too. outstanding strike. I’d probably vote, in no particular order, for:

Hateley v Leeds, get it right up everyone who expected the English champions to stroll it.
Lovenkrands vs them in the cup final, last minute mayhem.
Nacho’s penalty vs Fiorentina, it was emotional.

Too many others to mention, this is a hard question :)

Back