What is your favourite ever Rangers goal?

Gazza’s goal against them , the fact they’d just hit the bar , the burst through the midfield , the cross from the left , the header and the celebration all brilliant , what a counter attack.
This was the first one that sprang to mind. It’s funny how you always remember the commentary on your favourite goals.
“John Hughes is there - it’s off the crossbar!”

This is a horrendously wonderful but difficult question to answer!

ones that bring the biggest smile to my face are probably Supers overhead kick to beat Hibs after coming back from a broken leg in the League Cup final

Edus injury time winner against the beasts to all but win the league

Kenny Millers league cup final winner when reduced to 9 men.

Gazzas mazy run against the Sheep to win us 8 in a row.

there’s so many more but those are the ones that brought me the most joy.

Favourite goal is Lovenkrands injury time goal in the cup final against them.

Loudest noise I've ever heard was the Edu goal in injury time. What a racket, I ended up on my back in the row in front of me. What a day

Gaza’s at the piggery, the pass from Mcoist and the way you knew he would score when running onto it

Wasn’t that when they hired a private investigator to look into the linesman and found out he sometimes wore a Rangers shirt while playing 5s with his mates?!
That rings a bell. I remember at the time thinking he must have put his flag up for handball or some other infringement. Certainly wasn’t offside :))

"Brown's challenge was a strong one and a good one and now Durrant is leading the charge.... here's Hateley..... McCoist on the far sideee... it's a super goal! And Rangers, now, have thoroughly killed off this European cup tie. The joy on the face of Ally McCoist as he registers goal number 29 of the season"

Same game but for me it's the McCoist header. Set up by the big man of course. Not sure why but that game is my favourite old firm in my life time. Remember being ecstatic when super scored that goal.

I agree, the Albertz goal was probably a better goal but maybe it was McCoist's reaction with Gough or the fact that everybody knew he might not have many more games against the scum. Was right behind the goal that day and remember the whole stand moving. Probably my favourite Rangers goal ever.

Such a difficult question. I changed it to "if I could relive one goal I was there to see..." it would be Gough's last minute equaliser. Reading through this thread though, I realise how lucky I have been to witness so many incredible moments with great friends and the Rangers family.

I agree, the Albertz goal was probably a better goal but maybe it was McCoist's reaction with Gough or the fact that everybody knew he might not have many more games against the scum. Was right behind the goal that day and remember the whole stand moving. Probably my favourite Rangers goal ever.
Definitely mate. The Albertz goal was a cracker but the McCoist goal and celebration really meant something. A shame the season ended trophyless but hey ho, we move on and the following year winning 2 trophies at parkhead and beating them in the Scottish cup final was a nice way to ease the pain.

With the exception of King Kai’s goal, I have been fortunate to have been there to see and celebrate every goal mentioned in this thread live. Impossible to say what was my favourite goal but the greatest GIRUY goal was Maurice Johnston’s last minute winner.

Last edited:
Back