What is your favourite ever Rangers goal?

Not going to read through the posts as it may sway me :p There 3 for me to choose from. Gough last minute v mentally challengeds. Wilkins 5-1 v mentally challengeds. The one that wins it for me is....Lovenkrands v mentally challengeds in the SCF 2002. I'm sure I started celebrating in my own seat to end up about 5 seats further down the West Stand.

is there to be a twist in the tale...?

LOOOOOOOOVENKRANDS

yes there is, it had to be him

Me too mate.

My first Old Firm Cup Final just before my 10th birthday.

Remember my dad lifting me above his head in the North Stand and me praying he wouldn't drop me.

Hard to pick one so here's a few, fu.ck it.
Gazza at the Savile Arena.
Colin Stein at Easter Road.
Albertz at the Savile Arena.
Wilkins v the c.unts.

Too many to mention.

Albertz, Albertz, Albertz.

"That was awesome...absolutely awesome" Andy Gray.

It was even better watching it from the stands. I was sitting in The Govan Rear (Premier Club) at the time but the video footage view is now ingrained in my head due to the amount of times I have watched it over and over.

Reactions: SS8
I came on to say Colin Stein in 75 but made the mistake of reading the thread first. I now have about 10 first equals!!!

Gazza counter attack goal at the piggery.
This I'm afraid falls into the same category as Thern's the following week, and indeed Albertz's in the same game. Great goals but failure was to follow in both competitions which leaves a sour taste in my mouth. File Halliday's 2016 SCF screamer under the same.

Scott Nesbitt v Club Brugge
I was right in line with it standing in the enclosure

Favourite strike is shared between Wilkins volley against them and coopers free kick against Aberdeen in the league cup final

Past - David Cooper in Dryburugh Cup Final
To come - The goal that brings Title 55. The individual who scores this will be a hero for life and will never have to buy himself a pint again in Rangers circles

Has to be Nachos Penalty in Florence.

Had just turned 18 and started properly getting in to watching Rangers and there was a group of about 20 odd of us in my tiny bedroom going mental when it went in.

This definitely, but a special mention for Big Bertie Bombscare against the filth at Hamdump
Yes, I loved this goal, I’ve told the story a couple of times but after it went in I was so ecstatic I jumped up with my arms outstretched and punched an old guys glasses off!

Think I've posted this before, but I watched in a pub with a big space in front of the TV, my mate says that when Healy crosses it, as well as about 5 of our players waiting to tap it in, I ran in to try and push it over the line :oops: :))

I’d just brought my newborn home from the hospital, was holding him when it went in - still surprised he’s no deaf.

3853002.jpg

Tom Forsyth scores the winning goal in Rangers' 3-2 victory over Celtic in 1973 Cup Final
The best six inch goal ever !

Kenny Miller in the 9 man cup final against St Mirren. Can rmbr being at the game convinced the ref Thomson if I recall right was a corrupt bastard. Was hoping we could somehow hold out in extra time & win it on pens. When Miller scored the elation of joy was amazing to win it in such adversity. One of my all time favourite games & for that it’s one of my all time fav goals & also who can forget the pigeons lol.

Craig Thompson, without realising it won us the game that day. We had been awful, the atmosphere was flat until he sent off KT and we were down to 9. Almost immediately the atmosphere was cranked right up in anger and defiance. The celebrations at the goal were up with the maddest I’ve experienced. The spontaneous burst of “9 men, We only need 9 men.” from the entire Rangers support within seconds of Miller’s header was spine tingling.

One of my favourite Rangers games ever.

Saw it live
Brilliantly struck doesn’t even come close to describe it. Nearly broke the duckn net!! Not seen a hit like that since. What a player we had and what a man. Yep he was inconsistent but more often than not he was by far the best player on park and that’s even after sounness bought some great players

So many but to name a few

Davy Cooper against celtic dryborough cup final no1

team goals agains Dortmund and both goal away to Leeds battle of Britain and Bobby Russell away to Psv Eindhoven

Durrant outside of the boot into the goal at Marseille. We were in the big net and went mental when it went in. Cue lobbing of a million baguettes onto the roof of our net.

Lovenkrands last minute winner in cup final brilliant goal although i fell down the stairs at hampden celebrating and ended up with a sore back but it was worth it lol

First one that sprang to mind was Gazza's run from the halfway line v Sheep. Probably because I was there and it won us the league.

I honestly have no idea how to answer this question. I think of a goal then my mind jumps to another 1 second later, then it keeps going :D

Novo's penalty against Fiorentina, it's a penalty but it took us the only major European final I've ever saw us in and every chance the only we'll get to in the near future.

The feeling of euphoria when his penalty hit the back of the net is what a skag head must feel when they first take heroin. It still get the same feeling now even knowing how the final went.

one of the first I remember was Bobby Russell's goal where he flicks it over the defended with his right and sticks it in the top corner with his left. against hearts, I think.

Tam Forsyth’s winner in the 1973 SC final. Crowd over 122,000, 3 - 2 victory over them. Best game I’ve ever attended.

Yes, I loved this goal, I’ve told the story a couple of times but after it went in I was so ecstatic I jumped up with my arms outstretched and punched an old guys glasses off!
I took all the skin off both my shins on the back of the seat in front of me. Never even noticed until I woke up the next morning. I was a bit pissed mind you

alex miller late 70,s at concrete canyon throw in from wee bud and miller took it on the half volley top corner late on in the game you could have heard a choir boy screaming in the

Latest posts

Back