What is your most treasured piece of Rangers Memorabilia?

My Favourite is my Spirit of Rangers limited edition print which has pride of place in my living room, i have others but that one is easily my favourite.

There must be some really interesting ones out there, what's yours?
a photo
My Favourite is my Spirit of Rangers limited edition print which has pride of place in my living room, i have others but that one is easily my favourite.

a photo of the team on the pitch at Tannadice as we won 9 in a row , all signed by the squad with a silver pen . now in the trophy room behind the door in the corner , thanks to the great sandy Jardine

I have a signed shirt from the turn of the century, the nike mols one, but I am struggling with some of the signatures. I will need to post photos here to see if you can dig me out.

It appears to have Albertz' so I am very happy with it!!

Jorge Albertz signed boots (in a glass case) worn in the CL game v Barcelona 23rd October 2007.
pride of place in my Blue Room

Have a ball signed by the Rangers team during the tour of Sweden 1983.

My Granda ran a bus from Paisley that went over for the tour and during one of the games the ball got punted into the crowd. He kept it then ran on the pitch after the and got it signed by the team. Apparently it is the ball that McCoist scored his first hat trick at Rangers with but I cant find much information about the tour on Google.

He always said the ball was going to his first born grandson and luckily it was me.

Framed Barcelona shirt signed by the team, plus Bomber Jackson, and a set of six nine in a row Chrystal glasses, unused and still in their presentation box.

I managed to grab Shota Arveladze strip when we played viktoria zizkov away, Brother in law stays in oz so went over for the orsa convention a couple years ago and gave him the strip for his bear hut. During the convention they had a raffle for Gary Stevens 1990 league cup final strip which i won, so just replaced one strip with another.

I'm lucky enough to have 2 of these. One i have in mint condition, and one i have filled either signatures. I am lucky enough to have met loads of legends because of them appearing st LHRSC in Stornoway.

I've got one of Barry Fergusons shirts he would wear under his top with BF on it. I may or may not have taken it from his locker when I was in training at Auchenhowie as a young boy and he had a laugh with me about it when he signed it no that long ago. Was my hero growing up.

I've got an unreleased third kit from a few years ago. Pretty sure it's the only one in existence, given to me by the marketing team at the manufacturer as a birthday present that year. Not worth much I'm sure, but personally very special.

My great Uncle Jimmy Bowie's Scottish League v Irish League 1912-13 gold / enameled medal, a white dress silk scarf with the original Rangers badge and his initials JB on it also a dress red, white and blue silk Rangers scarf

I've gotta be honest and say my most treasured piece of football memorabilia is my Papa's Motherwell scarf from when they won the Scottish Cup in '52.

Ban expected :-/

In terms of Rangers, the two limited edition framed paintings of Gascoigne's goal at the half built piggery, and a matching one of Barry and Lovenkrands celebrating 'the twist in the tale'.

Last edited:
A centenary scarf and a cup winners cup scarf passed on from my Grandad. Also a centenary pennant.

Got a print of the greatest 11 that was on sale a long time ago. Came in a frame which I intended on changing but just never got round to it.

Got a few autobiographies signed - Super Ally, Mark Hateley and The Goalie being some.

Thanks for bursting my bubble Gazza.....:( The boots are genuine Albertz signatures but the Hospitality card insert is Oct. 2007. Bought them at a Rangers Auction years ago and didn’t bother to check the card! Still worth the money tho’

I have the official poster from Barcelona first time abroad to see a game great memories. Four days off work with no pay no flexi holidays then.

wMHtkUP.jpg

o69BjpN.jpg

It has no value, but I love it for some reason.

Thanks for bursting my bubble Gazza.....:( The boots are genuine Albertz signatures but the Hospitality card insert is Oct. 2007. Bought them at a Rangers Auction years ago and didn’t bother to check the card! Still worth the money tho’
It will be a genuine signature. If someone was trying it on they'd forge the signature of someone who played in the game. Still a good thing to have.

Got a 18/19 signed ball thanks to the treasurer of Ibrox Parish Church, who at the time was Ann McPhail (https://www.Rangers.co.uk/article/ann-mcphail/tr9j6VjMJ2e7lh5eIBRs2).

She had a terrible form of MS and towards the end she couldn't do anything and could only use her computer. Long story short she needed help getting online and navigating to the various sites she needed. I helped her out because I'm an IT professional and that's just what you do.

Fast forward about a month and on my birthday my wife presented me with this present that someone from the church had dropped off for me. Opened it up, saw the ball and Joe Aribo's name front and centre and just about lost it. Every player from the squad had signed it. Now I don't know if they get the squad to just sign a bunch of those things at the start of the season or by request but it doesn't make it any less special.

Ann McPhail was an amazing woman - a bunch of real heavy hitters turned up to the funeral. Walter Smith, John Greig, Ian Durrant and Ally McCoist. Our pastor, who is from Texas, spoke to them as if they were normal people whilst half the congregation watched in awe. Imagine asking Walter Smith, "Hello sir, what's your name?" when Ibrox Stadium is right there. How can you ask John Grieg what connects him with the club when his STATUE IS RIGHT THERE!!!

You know that combination of horror and pure hilarity? That was it, so surreal.

Ann would've laughed.

Signed football from the 92/93 team( my favourite) a Rangers waistcoat used in the stage play Follow Follow and a Rangers shoe shine box complete with brushes and polish :cool:

I have:

A Brian Laudrup signed photograph of him scoring the 9 in a row winner at Tannadice.

A signed Jim Baxter portrait by Heather Harman, with a team sheet and a telegram from Sean Connery to the Scotland team about to play at Highbury in 1963.

A programme from John Greig's testimonial signed by the man himself.

A Davie Cooper book signed by Coop.

A Ronald de Boer shirt signed with 'To Bearwood, Best Wishes, RdB'

And a display of cut outs signed by each of the 11 Barcelona Bears.

Hard to say which one means most.

Sorry mate.

I'm genuinely amazed that nobody told you before me!

I have Neil McCanns strip from the 5-1 game v them 26/11/2000 as a present from a Celtic captain for my 40th birthday.

I also have Harrolds top he trailed about with him to get nearly every living Rangers legend that’s still with us signatures in it

I have a few favourites (some aren’t quite Rangers memorabilia but signed by people with strong Rangers links...)
Home top from Walter’s last season, signed by Walter at the Walk with Walter event.
UEFA Cup Final top (minus the wording on the strip) signed by Nacho at a book signing.
Helicopter Sunday top signed by Barry (bought from the club).
Division 3 home top signed by big Jig at the front door pre-match a number of years back.
Graeme Souness autobiography signed at a book signing by the Magnificent Bastard himself.
My old Liverpool top signed by Magnificent Bastard junior (Steven Gerrard).

Arsenal V Rangers programme from 1951 signed by Rangers players. Signatures include Waddell, Thornton, Woodburn, Young, Brown, Cox and others.

ECWC shirt signed by all players is framed and sits proudly on the wall at the top of the stairs.

I have an old Rangers whisky set in a case, a hand painted Rangers wine bottle which although I don't think is official merch or that it's quite old and looks class.

I also have a framed picture of a drawing with the "light and speedy blues" tagged. Not seen it anywhere else so no idea where my grampa got it.

I’ve also got a wooden case containing an unopened decanter of whisky and two whisky glasses commemorating the 40th anniversary of Barcelona, but as it’s from 2012 it’s forgotten at the back of a cupboard.

Never really went in for this, but I have held in to my season books from the nine in a row, and have photos of my sons when boys with Davie Cooper and Jock Wallace.

I have:

A Brian Laudrup signed photograph of him scoring the 9 in a row winner at Tannadice.

A signed Jim Baxter portrait by Heather Harman, with a team sheet and a telegram from Sean Connery to the Scotland team about to play at Highbury in 1963.

A programme from John Greig's testimonial signed by the man himself.

A Davie Cooper book signed by Coop.

A Ronald de Boer shirt signed with 'To Bearwood, Best Wishes, RdB'

And a display of cut outs signed by each of the 11 Barcelona Bears.

Hard to say which one means most.
Nobody likes a show off. (no smiley available).

Back