What is your pre game routine? Train, pubs etc

When I lived in Croatia, and came over as stayed with family in Cumbernauld it was train from Croy to Queen St, Dows pub for a few, then jump tube out to Ibrox for Louden, or if early enough down to Blue Star

My life long pal and his son pick me and my 17 year old boy up at mine at 12.30pm( tea total most of the time!). Head along the M74 from Mount Vernon to Ibrox.
Park up in the petrol station on PRW, £5iver to park, always on me as he drives!
Walk down to the GoGlaasgow (swallow) hotel, I have a few pints, get the boys some crisps, catch up for the week, discuss the team selected, then walk over to the stadium round 2pm. See what’s going on in the fanzine then head to our seats in the Broomie rear!
Meet in the concourse at half time, discuss the first half before returning to our seats! Stay till the final whistle then back to the car and up the road!
Best day of the week by a country mile every time!

What is people's routines for going to Ibrox?

Mine is usually a pint at the local, early train with a few beers, meet my mate, lunch in the city centre, subway over, hour in the Louden, make a last gasp treck up to the club deck, walk back to the city center after the game for a few pints, train home and depending if I'm off the next day back to the local til shutting time.

Been missing it.
I don't have one, being a Purse Net Skipper in the North Atlantic and rarely at home, the heart valves just open a by-pass virtual and hope to steal a couple of hours again with the sheer joy of a wee boy following his Club/Movement. Hell and high water is real for us and the Club too.

Back where we belong, no hatred of any team just grateful beyond words to belong since I could hold a feather or a flag.Never wasted a moment of time that is killing us all, about the East End, prefer to think the absence and no small suffering reminded us and other(s) that W.A.T P is not a chant, it's a reality that determines us. Sometimes at our best when facing long odds.

No surrender is not a provocation, that war was won long ago, grateful that born on the right side, not blinded by the horrific perverts in robes sent by the Vatican still. It ought not to enter sport but reality bears no witness to baloney.

Today and tomorrow, that's the Crowdie and the Cream, we are able to agree and disagree over team selections at a table barren and uninvited for ten long years, ...we are back, at our own expense, Glasgow Rangers lives.....No surrender !.

Jealous of the lads who live in Glasgow from this thread.

I’d be a Bar72 ticket holder if I lived nearby.

No hassle, stroll in, take your seat. Pint after, then subway/taxi.

Dream stuff.

Just now, set my alarm, wake up just in time, watch on the iPad/TV, then go back to bed.

Piss artist.:))

I am the driver.
Five of us, I park in disabled area in Mafekin car park.
We build his buggy up, put his flag at the back and send him on his way.:))

True Crouchy.
We actually have seven in the car.
Do not shop me to the insurance mob. :shh:
Young one aged 9 Govan rear.
Oldest one 80 this year. Main Stand Front.
It can be funny what we do to the old yins buggy at times.:))

Bus at 12:00
Blue star social club for a few
Game
Bus
House

Stipped drinking now so no idea what next season I’ll do

I don't have one, being a Purse Net Skipper in the North Atlantic and rarely at home, the heart valves just open a by-pass virtual and hope to steal a couple of hours again with the sheer joy of a wee boy following his Club/Movement. Hell and high water is real for us and the Club too.

Back where we belong, no hatred of any team just grateful beyond words to belong since I could hold a feather or a flag.Never wasted a moment of time that is killing us all, about the East End, prefer to think the absence and no small suffering reminded us and other(s) that W.A.T P is not a chant, it's a reality that determines us. Sometimes at our best when facing long odds.

No surrender is not a provocation, that war was won long ago, grateful that born on the right side, not blinded by the horrific perverts in robes sent by the Vatican still. It ought not to enter sport but reality bears no witness to baloney.

Today and tomorrow, that's the Crowdie and the Cream, we are able to agree and disagree over team selections at a table barren and uninvited for ten long years, ...we are back, at our own expense, Glasgow Rangers lives.....No surrender !.
Care to explain? .... Too early for me mate.

Meet my mate in city centre for lunch/few pints
Subway (walk with a couple of tins if it's nice) to Ibrox
Louden
Match
City centre to watch whatever match is on at 5.30
Meet mates from work in town

I miss a Saturday at 3 :(

Jealous of the lads who live in Glasgow from this thread.

I’d be a Bar72 ticket holder if I lived nearby.

No hassle, stroll in, take your seat. Pint after, then subway/taxi.

Dream stuff.

Just now, set my alarm, wake up just in time, watch on the iPad/TV, then go back to bed.
I’ve always fancied Bar72, just don’t think with me getting a bud that’s around an hour it would be worth it as I’d likely run late for the bar :))

Train into town, sometimes a pint with a mate at Auctioneers or Louden, match, walk back into town if weather decent, sometimes a post-match pint, train home.

Wake up, coffee- joint
Repeat 3-4 times.
Get lift, piss about the motorway
At Ibrox, get some munchies n fags from
Newspaper shop at Edmunston
Maybe a roll from the van
Enter arena tah hah lol

If it’s a cup game or something crucial I am brutal lol the complete opposite

If you didn't smoke so many bifters you wouldn't need to wake up so often!

Early train from London
Subway from Central out to Byres Road - lunch and a few drinks there. Occasionally go and visit my elderly parents who live nearby if I’m in the mood to ruin my day before it has begun.
Subway to Ibrox
Game
Back to Central, get some cans for the train
Home around about 11:30-12

Will sometimes fly or stay overnight should I not want to throw myself at the mercies of Avanti West Coast.

“Sir, this is a Wendy’s”

These days it's the 8:15am flight from Belfast, breakfast somewhere in the city centre and a few pints, then over to the Louden. Nothing fancy these days. Taken to getting a fish pie in Wetherspoons at the airport on the way home now the past while.

Midweek games normally stay over in Artto hotel and they tend to end up a bit messier!

No set routine pre match, but if a Saturday game I meet my mate outside the Main Stand post match and head to the Old Toll for a few pints

6am drive to airport
9am flight to Glasgow
Then breakfast in city centre ( usually spoons) then the rolls Royce club for a few beers

After the game a few more beers and stay in a hotel before a flight back Sunday

Bus at 10:30
Wee Rangers club at 12:30
Game at 3
Back home for 7:30-8:00 and into pub for a few pints.
Fall into the house about 11ish.

Miss it big time!

Train to Glasgow
Subway to Kelvin Hall
Bag O Nails for breakfast and a few pints, a long island ice tea. Decent music and screens showing sports.
Lismore for 2 whiskies.
Subway to Ibrox.
Buy a ticket (usually get one within 15 mins)
Enjoy the game.
Louden after for 2 pints and a pie.
Subway to Buchanan St.
Pint.
Train home.

Missing it.

My routine was;
Meet my son at local pub at around 12 for a couple of pints before bus at 1.15
District at around 1.45 then walk or taxi up to ground
Bus back to local then see what happened after that. Usually home by around 8 with a take away though.
Will be different when we get back to games as I’m now on my own with a dog to look after so will have to watch how long I’m out.
Can’t wait to get back to Ibrox though my routine may change a bit.

What is people's routines for going to Ibrox?

Mine is usually a pint at the local, early train with a few beers, meet my mate, lunch in the city centre, subway over, hour in the Louden, make a last gasp treck up to the club deck, walk back to the city center after the game for a few pints, train home and depending if I'm off the next day back to the local til shutting time.

Been missing it.
This thread is like going in to primary school on Monday morning and writing up your what I did at the weekend diary. The only thing we are missing out on is the accompanying scribbled drawing of the weekend kickabout at the side of it.

9am bua from Aberdeen
12 till 1 Louden
1-2.45 corkerhill
Game
4.50-5.30’corkerhill
Bus home
8.30 loca
We don’t really have a set routine.

Walk to the Nelson for a few before the minibus to Ibrox
Pub in town before getting the Subway
Subway to the Louden
Drive if not drinking
Walk if not drinking and the weathers nice (40 minute walk)

Never really do the same thing twice in a row.
Can barely contain my excitement reading about all these riveting routines. Endless material here for future Amazon fly on the wall documentaries.

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now.

After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion.

In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

The life you live eh...Mine Leave 4 am ....destination North Atlantic...arrive when we cut the Plimsoll line..where Shetland , Killybegs or Skagen...home...not soon enough...

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now.

In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
And then you eat yourself..?

This thread is like going in to primary school on Monday morning and writing up your what I did at the weekend diary. The only thing we are missing out on is the accompanying scribbled drawing of the weekend kickabout at the side of it.
Later on when Dole money comes through...you will get another tattoo eh...some artistic acne, and skid-doodles over you to illuminate the reality...eh.

Back in the old days when I started going (1989) it was:
9am - Up/breakfast etc
10am - Round to my mate’s to watch video of last weeks game, cup of tea and a few cigarettes
11am - Train to Central, meet another mate at Crosshill
Midday to 3pm - Subway over to Ibrox, buy tickets, get a fee cans and then find a quiet spot to sit and drink, smoke & have a laugh. Get a chippy and then into the game
Subway & train back home after the match and home for 6:30pm or so.

Looking back, I can’t believe our parents wee happy for us to be out for that length of time, bouncing around Ibrox before the game and coming home clearly stinking of smoke and probably booze on occasion.

In later years there was a group of 5 of us and we did a driving rota so it was a case of picking everyone up between midday to 1230 and then went to Napoleons until 2pm before the drive over.

Nowadays I get to a couple of games a season and always take my Rangers daft 10yr old so we come up on the Friday night, stay with friends or in a hotel, go for a walk around Glasgow if it’s a hotel and then over for a lap of Ibrox (he is remarkably interested in stuff like this) then meet friends at the Go Hotel - some of them bring their kids and so the wee guys all mess around/sit on tablets and then over for the game.
Afterwards it is the Go Hotels and then usually out for something to eat with folk.

Last Feb we went to Mr Singh’s and I have a wonderful photo in my office now of the table with a mixture of some of my oldest friends since primary school days, some very close friends I’ve made along the way, my son & I.
Given that since Covid we haven’t had a chance to meet up like that then it is a precious memory.

My routine was;
Meet my son at local pub at around 12 for a couple of pints before bus at 1.15
District at around 1.45 then walk or taxi up to ground
Bus back to local then see what happened after that. Usually home by around 8 with a take away though.
Will be different when we get back to games as I’m now on my own with a dog to look after so will have to watch how long I’m out.
Can’t wait to get back to Ibrox though my routine may change a bit.
FFS.....James Bond..eat yer heart out ...eh!

9am - Up/breakfast etc
10am - Round to my mate’s to watch video of last weeks game, cup of tea and a few cigarettes
Midday to 3pm - Subway over to Ibrox, buy tickets, get a fee cans and then find a quiet spot to sit and drink, smoke & have a laugh. Get a chippy and then into the game

Looking back, I can’t believe our parents wee happy for us to be out for that length of time, bouncing around Ibrox before the game and coming home clearly stinking of smoke and probably booze on occasion.

In later years there was a group of 5 of us and we did a driving rota so it was a case of picking everyone up between midday to 1230 and then went to Napoleons until 2pm before the drive over.

Nowadays I get to a couple of games a season and always take my Rangers daft 10yr old so we come up on the Friday night, stay with friends or in a hotel, go for a walk around Glasgow if it’s a hotel and then over for a lap of Ibrox (he is remarkably interested in stuff like this) then meet friends at the Go Hotel - some of them bring their kids and so the wee guys all mess around/sit on tablets and then over for the game.
Afterwards it is the Go Hotels and then usually out for something to eat with folk.

Last Feb we went to Mr Singh’s and I have a wonderful photo in my office now of the table with a mixture of some of my oldest friends since primary school days, some very close friends I’ve made along the way, my son & I.
Given that since Covid we haven’t had a chance to meet up like that then it is a precious memory.
Aye, heart warming nonsense...Primary School, where my education started and stopped, seriously if we could go back, days of my life.

Meet my brother and mate on train from Kilwinning. Subway and into Louden for an hour or more before game. After game, back to Louden for a couple then subway and train back to Kilwinning. Wife hopefully picks me up from station as my knees are gubbed.

9am - Up/breakfast etc

Consider it a work done...have taught and invigorated two generations I will leave behind..., WATP and No surrender just words, we never have to hit anyone...it's a reality!

That sounds lovely.

Up early in the morning to drive up to my Dad's. Breakfast and a cup of tea at his then head over to Ibrox for about 12:30 then either city centre or west end for lunch. Back to the stadium, watch us get 3 points then down the road, have dinner at my Dad's then back home.

Looking forward to getting back to games now living a 10 minutes drive to Ibrox as opposed to nearly two hours each way. Could even walk over if the weather is nice. Hopefully we're able to go the friendly against Arsenal.

6am drive to airport
9am flight to Glasgow
Then breakfast in city centre ( usually spoons) then the rolls Royce club for a few beers

After the game a few more beers and stay in a hotel before a flight back Sunday
Nae wanking then...just post wank?

You love these threads :D

Do you have that saved or do you look it out every time?

Up on Friday, pubs round KP on Friday night. Louden at 11 on Saturday meet up with friends. 2.50 game. Louden after the game. Done at 9. Back down the road on Sunday after breakfast

Back