What makes your dad mad watching football?

I visit my old man a day or 2 after every rangers game and he waiting for me,
That useless lady's front bottom this
That useless lady's front bottom that

Tavenier hasn’t got a clue
What the fcuk is that Cnut Morelos playing at?
Who the fcuk signed that clown ?
What the fcuk does mcallister do ffs
How many fcuking catholic’s are at Ibrox noo
I will tell ya, to fucking many

What’s that boy doing ffs
Manager my arse

About time somebody kicked that Cnut broon right in the baws
Morelos did dad
Aye but no hard enough

Reading that makes your Da sound like a bit of a "ladys front bottom" himself to be honest.
If my old man came out with shite like that I certainly wouldnt be posting it on the internet.

Reading that makes your Da sound like a bit of a "ladys front bottom" himself to be honest.
If my old man came out with shite like that I certainly wouldnt be posting it on the internet.

A Glasgow/Scottish man using the C word upsets you?

My old man hates when the C word is mentioned by the commentators on coverage of our games.

“Who gives a .... about them I’m watching rangers”

Forrester not passing to dodoo.. he had to sit down for about 30 mins with a bag of frozen peas against his forehead. Never seen a man so angry in my life lol
Thanks for bringing that up, I’d just managed to store that away somewhere I never thought I’d need to see it again.....I’m f*%#1ng furious now!

He died 9 years ago but always moaned about the lack of width. When the players were all in the middle, "You could throw a blanket over them!"

My dad was a "blue supremacist". I think it was him growing up in the 40's and 50's. He never accepted the bheasts as our main challengers and just lumped them in with the rest. Always on about "we should look as though we've got twice as many players on the pitch" etc. Remember coming back from a a Champion's League game (0-0) and him saying "We should be wiping the floor with that mob" (Barcelona) :rolleyes:

Not being able to hear the commentators (for some reason). Anyone talks when the game is on and he’s firing the volume up to a ridiculous level and shouting about how ‘there is commentators for a reason’. Proceeds to then argue with said commentators when he can hear them, especially when watching Rangers games and the fuds in the Scottish commentary teams.

My old man died years ago, but he used to get very upset when Scotland played England and they’d get the national anthem while we had some stupid teuchtar caber tossing nonsense.

“We’re part of Britain too!”

Every year.

My old man used to shout send the troops up every time the rangers got a corner a used to love that shout. Wish he was here to see our four centre half’s this season

Hate nowadays how all we constantly talk about is did that ball hit is arm in an unnatural position, most of the time from a harmless cross ball that probably wasn't going to lead to anything anyway, it seems to be the sole talking point now and influences the result in every match, honestly can't remember it being talked about in the past, basically you got a penalty when you deliberately stuck your arm out and stopped the ball when it was going in the net, the sooner we are back to that the better, the game is fu%@ed until we get back to commonsense. Ps from an auld dad.

My old man hated Gareth Bale.

Would say how shite he was every time he was on the tv.

When he scored the hat trick against Inter in the UCL, I was looking forward to bringing it up with him expecting him to admit he was working but he doubled down. “Still fuckin shite”.

Even the move to Madrid didn’t convince him.

dads gone now but he hated modern football players ,a bunch of efffing Jessie’s rolling around like they were shot .the old boy still loved rangers to his dying day.

The forum changes the word to that :))

Passing it around for the sake of keeping possession.
Full backs who routinely pass the ball out of play when it’s a simple 10 yard pass down the touchline.
Corner kicks that hit the first defender.
Refs that don’t book players for back chat.
Tattoos on footballers.
All of the above would nearly bring on a stroke.

My granda would go tonto at modern day strikers missing a chance and compare them to his hero Joe Bambrick. ‘ not fit to lace joes boots son’ would be his best loved phrase.

Head, heal or toe, give it to Joe!

My dad was one of them growing up then fell away from it all. He has not interest whatsoever about them anymore and probably couldn't name a single player. My Grandad (thank the lord) introduced me to Rangers at an early age. My dad just rips the micky out of them the rare times we ever talk about football. I love him for it because I know he only does it because it pleases me :)

Steve Archibald, one of my earliest football memories is my dad having an irrational vitriolic hatred of Steve Archibald - top scorer in Scotland, England and Spain.

My auld man just likes to shout at the TV watching the football, so watching on the TV probably pisses him off the most. So much so I just gave up going to his to watch it. My mum text me the other day to say he was roaring at the TV as usual during a game and when she eventually went to investigate he was watching the women's football. And they were winning 3-0.

He is alright at the football now. Moving seats has done wonders for him. Used to like a rant at least once a game but he's calmed down a bit now thankfully, in public at least.

My Old Man passed away many years ago but I still have an elderly neighbour who, without fail, comes into my house after every game to ask my opinion on that "bliddy rubbish" that Rangers served up today, win lose or draw!
:):):)

My dad doesn't allow rangers games on the telly or radio incase they lose, but back in the old VHS days he would be straight on the phone asking if I'd taped the game, especially old firm games his words don't want to watch incase they Mickey bastards win he's the same with the rugby but in that case my mum puts her foot down she's watching Scotland play and then arguments finished

Tav

Simple as that. He hates him - even when he's playing well and attacking/setting up chances galore. That's only because he canny defend :)):)):))

Tippy tappy shit pisses my dad off

This makes me wonder if my son has two user names. Tippy tappy pish drives me f.....g mental. My boy hates sitting next to me. Tried to cut back on the shouting over the years just to stop noising him up.
Biggest embarrassment I ever caused him was when I called Broadfoot a wank when he was sitting behind us with Beasly giggling like weans about something when we were 1 nil down at Ibrox to Hearts. We still won 2-1 but he was beeling for days.

TV pictures not showing a clear angle of a shot, half out his seat as the ball flashes by...aye oot for a throw in Da' back down on your arse :))
Normally it's the refs and the uneven rules we are reffed by! Ballistic every week..."if that was Jack..." Is the usual lead up to a red face outburst

This makes me wonder if my son has two user names. Tippy tappy pish drives me f.....g mental. My boy hates sitting next to me. Tried to cut back on the shouting over the years just to stop noising him up.
Biggest embarrassment I ever caused him was when I called Broadfoot a wank when he was sitting behind us with Beasly giggling like weans about something when we were 1 nil down at Ibrox to Hearts. We still won 2-1 but he was beeling for days.

No i dont have two usernames dad

My dad got annoyed today when Barisic knocked the ball out of play for the Marseille player who twisted his ankle, wasn’t a head knock apparently, tried to explain it was a friendly and it’s good sportsmanship wasn’t having it. :oops:o_O

All this active, inactive, passive crap at offside, especially the flag not going up for obvious offside decisions until they actually touch the ball. He has been dead for 20 years and missed it all, so I guess I have become my dad. As Jimmy Greaves would say , “if you aren’t trying to gain an advantage you shouldn’t be on the park”!

Back