What non Rangers games have you seen at Ibrox?

Pvt. Hudson

I went to the Scotland v Germany game at Ibrox back in 1993 plus I remember my dad took me to a Scotland v England under 19s game early 90s I think, it was a Friday night. I can’t remember the score but I remember England won.

Scotland v Italy, about 1992ish
Scotland v Bosnia, 1999 I think. Terrible game. Half the tartan army left at half time.
Scotland v USSR when Kuznetsov scored for the Russians! 1990

1st day of the Rugby 7's at the Commonwealth Games

Ibrox Tournament 1995

Sampdoria 2 Spurs 0
Steau Bucharest 3 Spurs 2

I think that’s all. I don’t remember any others off the top of my head.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but has anyone been to a gig at Ibrox? What’s it like as a music venue? Finding it hard to imagine the place as anything other than somewhere to watch the famous!

Scotland v CIS I think, must’ve been 1990 or 91 as the roof was off the Main Stand for the Club Deck being built. Went with the BBs!

Scotland v Georgia 2014. One nil win think it was a deflected Maloney shot or OG. Stadium half empty due to the shocking SFA pricing.

Rotten weather, rotten game, rotten team.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but has anyone been to a gig at Ibrox? What’s it like as a music venue? Finding it hard to imagine the place as anything other than somewhere to watch the famous!
I seen Bon Jovi at Ibrox and they were great.The stage was in front of the Govan I also saw them at Hampden and I didn't enjoy it as much, the stage was at "their" end that night.

Scotland game. Don’t remember Anything other then Darren Jackson got MOM and standing ovation when he got taken off

I think

Scotland V Sweden as a kid.(age 7) My biggest memory from that day was being in what I believe was the Louden (was this the Ibrox bar back then?) with my dad and a Swede took my scarf off (naturally i thought he was nicking it) and gave me his scarf.

I wasn't too happy so I got another Scotland scarf from a vendor outside. The Sweden scarf is still in my loft hanging on a rafter.

I went to the Scotland v Germany game at Ibrox back in 1993 plus I remember my dad took me to a Scotland v England under 19s game early 90s I think, it was a Friday night. I can’t remember the score but I remember England won.
Kilmarnock v Falkirk Scottish cup final 1997

Scotland v Germany and Scotland v Malta both in 1993. Also attended the Rugby 7s during the commonwealth games in 2014

Scotland V Sweden as a kid.(age 7) My biggest memory from that day was being in what I believe was the Louden (was this the Ibrox bar back then?) with my dad and a Swede took my scarf off (naturally i thought he was nicking it) and gave me his scarf.

I wasn't too happy so I got another Scotland scarf from a vendor outside. The Sweden scarf is still in my loft hanging on a rafter.

Stadium bar

Raith Rovers v Scum. I'd have been 8 years old. We lived in Kirkcaldy at the time, so had a bit of a soft spot for them. Remember getting a bus back to my gran's after the game, who lived in Carntyne, through the raging rhats.

Scotland v Sweden world cup game
Hibs v Motherwell 2nd replay Scottish cup 76.
Plus games when Rangers were also playing.
Various from the seventies for the Rangers tournament's with 2 games in a row.

Southampton v Man city (the game that went to penalties and both teams scored about a dozen before it was decided)
Partick v Man city
West Ham , Brighton West Brom Hearts Kilmarnock St Mirren
Also from the Souness time
Newcastle v Man utd
Spurs v Sampdoria
Stua Bucharest
The list is longer than I thought , with a combination of games I can hardly remember.

Elton John and Billy Joel - 2nd June 1998, and it was freezin'.

Glasgow Underground kindly stopped all the trains before the concert ended.

Scotland v Sweden 1996(?)

Attended with the BB, proudly showing off our famous ground to the token mentally challenged in our company. :))

John McGinley scored for Scotland early on for a 1-0 victory. Game had a bit of needle to it because of the Estonia debacle and the head of UEFA at the time, Leannart Johansen happening to be from Sweden.

Went to Scotland v Denmark in 1997 (I think). God scored for Denmark for the only goal of the game.

Also went to the commonwealth rugby 7s.

Last edited:
Scotland v Italysat in Govan front..remember there being some motherwell fans in the Copeland with a Union Flag
Scotland v Sweden was in Copeland rear and ended uo arguing with sheep fans when they were moaing about Rangers players
Rugby 7s finals

I somehow found myself at a Dundee United v Scum semi final about 20 years ago. Free swally and grub in a neutral hospitality box courtesy of the SFA, wouldn't dream of attending such a fixture now.

Was also at The Piggery the following day for our semi v St Johnstone.

Back