What now for Europe?

BobbyShearer

Official Ticketer
Obviously come Match 5&6 the conversations taking place were around “do we care that much?” and “Do you want us in it?”
I was very much in the camp of prioritising Europe above everything. Always. But not this season.

Now with the breathing space, we could actually afford to focus more resources and try and get to the QF stage and who knows what could happen.

Would we be prepared to risk that breathing space by emptying the tank the match before Parkhead for example(2nd leg of R16) or are we just for 55 and the CL next year?

Obviously come Match 6 the conversations taking place were around “do we care that much?” and “Do you want us in it?”
I was very much in the camp of prioritising Europe above everything. Always. But not this season.

Now with the breathing space, we could actually afford to focus more resources and try and get to the QF stage and who knows what could happen.

Would we be prepared to risk that breathing space by emptying the tank the match before Parkhead for example(2nd leg of R16) or are we just for 55 and the CL next year?
Got a Scottish cup to win as well mate.

Get through this tie, then hopefully get a glamour tie the next round, be great if crowds are back, the team and the fans deserve a raucous Ibrox Euro night

Obviously come Match 5&6 the conversations taking place were around “do we care that much?” and “Do you want us in it?”

By the time we go to the piggery we will be champions.

Get through this tie and we are back to where we were pre lockdown, only we are way ahead in the league.
Thank god I went to Braga because it was the best thing I done last year!

Every extra game in Europe is both a bonus and experience. Let’s just enjoy the run while it lasts and look forward to the CL music belting out from Ibrox near year.

Every extra game in Europe is both a bonus and experience. Let’s just enjoy the run while it lasts and look forward to the CL music belting out from Ibrox near year.

Coefficient points are huge as well, if Scotland finishes 11th then likely the winners of the league to straight into the CL the season after next which could be a huge draw to our Management/ playing team and potential signings.

Also the extra cash for going deeper into the knockout rounds of the EL this season arent to be sniffed at

Coefficient points are huge as well, if Scotland finishes 11th then likely the winners of the league to straight into the CL the season after next which could be a huge draw to our Management/ playing team and potential signings.

Also the extra cash for going deeper into the knockout rounds of the EL this season arent to be sniffed at
That’s a good point mate but as soon as we start to put pressure on thinking about things like that the chances are we’ll fcuk it up :p

Win tomorrow and it gives us the opportunity to rest a player or two for league fixtures later in the season with no pressure on.

European football is still vital from a financial point of view especially with Covid getting to the last 16 brings in another £2 million for the club at a difficult time for football as a whole.

Yeah but the post I was responding to appeared to prioritise the scottish cup over europe
Not really mate. Europe is massive. Our first notice of intent re recovery was UFA match. Europe is easily the most important for finances without which we can’t win anything but I want Rangers FC inscribed on that cup just as Rangers FC was inscribed multiple times before 2012. It will be a coupe de grace for those Tims lying in the blood stained arena as the emperors thumb turns downwards.

Not to get far ahead or jump the gun, but if we get past Antwerp the next games are on March 11th and 18th. Its right before the Old firm game and all going to plan we'll be well on track to wrapping up the league.

Point is if we get through the next round we can see where we stand, but with a favourable draw we could definitely look to focus on Europe.

Back