What preparations were made on our behalf by slo with uefa

ionasdad

As they failed miserably last night. The lack of facilities in terms of water and food inside ground was a disgrace and dangerous. The blatant disregard for folks possessions by police. I mean binning suncream wtaf, but the powerbanks, airpods, chargers,perfumes is borderline theft.

You have to wonder what goes on in these meetings ( jolly’s) the week before. Essentially kettled for no reason then into a stadium with absolutely no provisions for food or drink in the hottest temps I’ve ever been to at a game.

Then you have police literally riffling through bags and just throwing things like rubbish in to a bin

A disgrace from the first min entering the stadium.
Cops made me throw away my battery bank.
Someone could have been in serious trouble last night with the lack of water, I know a lot where resorting to drinking the tap water from bogs.
This was an absolute cluster %^*& hang your heads in shame.

A disgrace from the first min entering the stadium.
Cops made me throw away my battery bank.
Someone could have been in serious trouble last night with the lack of water, I know a lot where resorting to drinking the tap water from bogs.
This was an absolute cluster %^*& hang your heads in shame.
In our section of the stadium, the taps were turned off in extra time. Fans went down to refill cups and couldn’t do so as no running water in any of the toilets! Absolute disgrace and so badly managed.

What power do you honestly think the SLO has?

I highly doubt the club would’ve signed off on those security arrangements/food and water situation

It was your luck who served you. I got my power bank through thankfully but nearly got kicked out for having tape/flag. Jobs worths

In our section of the stadium, the taps were turned off in extra time. Fans went down to refill cups and couldn’t do so as no running water in any of the toilets! Absolute disgrace and so badly managed.
Yeah, someone told me that and was shocked.
Someone at the club must ask questions, this put people at serious risk.

As they failed miserably last night. The lack of facilities in terms of water and food inside ground was a disgrace and dangerous. The blatant disregard for folks possessions by police. I mean binning suncream wtaf, but the powerbanks, airpods, chargers,perfumes is borderline theft.
Let's be honest, there's no qualifications required beyond a popularity contest and the right connections.

A liaison officer should have a working grasp of risk assessments and mitigations, high temperatures is a basic and a briefing to fans around alcohol in take and water should be high in the list of priorities.

I'm not sure why people are surprised about bulky items being seized prior to the game, given the authorities approach to missiles, disorder, etc but go to an NFL game and you get a briefing on what you can bring in down to the need for clear plastic bags that can be visually assessed with no opening up required.

If someone has a copy of the job description, that's the easy to assess the performance of the position and not what we think should be done.

I will say that communications were limited at best.

What power do you honestly think the SLO has?

I highly doubt the club would’ve signed off on those security arrangements/food and water situation

It was your luck who served you. I got my power bank through thankfully but nearly got kicked out for having tape/flag. Jobs worths
And the Eintracht fans got flares, massive banners in, ripped down all the UEFA displays in their sections

Let's be honest, there's no qualifications required beyond a popularity contest and the right connections.

A liaison officer should have a working grasp of risk assessments and mitigations, high temperatures is a basic and a briefing to fans around alcohol in take and water should be high in the list of priorities.

I'm not sure why people are surprised about bulky items being seized prior to the game, given the authorities approach to missiles, disorder, etc but go to an NFL game and you get a briefing on what you can bring in down to the need for clear plastic bags that can be visually assessed with no opening up required.

If someone has a copy of the job description, that's the easy to assess the performance of the position and not what we think should be done.

I will say that communications were limited at best.
Well, we do get a similar document for each game telling you what you can and can’t take in?

Only issue is, the Spanish were overzealous and usual and took laws into their own hands. The fans were getting approved items taken off them

As much as I believe the boy whose dad owns the Louden is a fool, you can’t pin that stuff on him
It's a reflection on the club who they employ and how they serve the fans.

There are very capable and professional individuals out there who can do a better job.

You need someone that would be out there early walking routes, considering the layout of the ground, watching how a Seville game progresses and getting a professional message out to the fan base.

A large part of this should be covered by our operations, but you need the whole team able to work together.

Last edited:
Tbh sadly I don’t think thats how it works

Well, we do get a similar document for each game telling you what you can and can’t take in?

Only issue is, the Spanish were overzealous and usual and took laws into their own hands. The fans were getting approved items taken off them
In that case, there's a role for on site assistance and post event remedies.

It sounds like the cowboys were able to make it up as they went along, but this isn't new where UEFA and the Spanish are involved.

There are very capable and professional individuals out there who can do a better job.

You need someone that would be out there early walking routes, considering the layout of the ground, matching how a Seville game progresses and getting a professional message out to the fan base.

A large part of this should be covered by our operations, but you need the whole team able to work together.
Nanny state gone mad, next we’ll be requesting how to wipe our bums

You need someone that would be out there early walking routes, considering the layout of the ground, matching how a Seville game progresses and getting a professional message out to the fan base.

Again, you are working on the assumption UEFA would play ball with the above:

But anyway, burn the witch and all that.

Again, you are working on the assumption UEFA would play ball with the above:

But anyway, burn the witch and all that.
I'm not burning anyone, I'm quite clear about looking at the job description against performance, nothing more.

If we went into this Final expecting UEFA and the Spanish to play with a straight bat we weren't factoring in previous experience.

Nanny state gone mad, next we’ll be requesting how to wipe our bums
I get your point, but this is the club as a private entity doing its due diligence and making sure the fans that are spending thousands are getting the best experience.

Shocking that people got all these items binned or stolen off them from the police. Ideally Rangers would have communicated entrance requirements better between our fans and the police but I appreciate communication with the Spanish police is likely a challenge. Not sure if the SLO position is a full time job or not? This probably should be more of a priority as other organisations don’t seem to have such repeated instances of negative treatment of consumers. Perhaps we need to put more funding into this position, either having more than 1 SLO if it’s too much work for 1 person or fund more hours of work a week..? Personal attacks probably aren’t helpful.

It was a shambles, from the farcical queues in scorching heat to get in, the attitude of the police, folk being forced to bin all sorts of stuff, to 5+ hours in 30 degree heat without any water.

And don't get me started on how dangerous that top tier was. A deathtrap.

The whole venue was a shitshow from the start , stadium too small and was a shithole but to have no food or water is a disgrace and a complaint needs to be made to UEFA

The SLO did pass on what he was told would be allowed in the stadium and what was not. The Spanish police just decided to steal things as they are scum.

The SLO can't be blamed for there being no water in a stadium for fans either. He isn't going to go around checking stock levels or anything. That is all UEFA's fault and they are a disgrace.

You have to wonder what goes on in these meetings ( jolly’s) the week before. Essentially kettled for no reason then into a stadium with absolutely no provisions for food or drink in the hottest temps I’ve ever been to at a game.

Then you have police literally riffling through bags and just throwing things like rubbish in to a bin
No shuttle buses from Olympic stadium either

No shuttle buses from Olympic stadium either
The lack of information from rangers/SLO with regards travel to and from the stadiums was really poor I thought. In the briefing that came out on Tuesday there was mention of shuttle buses from the fanzone at alameda de Hércules, but where were the pick up points, how frequent would they be, what were the travel options for getting back from the ground after it?

I'm a grown man, I can work these things out for myself but it isn't really the point. There should have been a constant stream of information coming from the club in the day or two leading up to the game.

Back