What result suits us best for us in Villarreal v Rapid

A big game for us on Thursday. Win and we can start thinking of progression. If we win, either a Vienna win or a draw would do.

2jxts4.jpg

I don't think it matters, as long as we win

As long as we win I would take a draw or Rapid win. If this plays out then only one point from the next 3 would hopefully see us through

As long as we win I would take a draw or Rapid win. If this plays out then only one point from the next 3 would hopefully see us through

7 took us through in the CL didnt it? What we reckon for this group, 8 points sends us through?

I honestly cannot believe we have a genuinely good chance of progressing beyond the groups. Still a lot of hard work required, but the group is shaping up nicely.

Amazing isn't it?

I thought we were in the group to make up the numbers, players and staff proving me wrong big style.

We want team below to draw and us win

Gives us a cushion for dropped points/loss while being another couple games closer to qualifying

Probably a draw. Either way if we win we are in a superb position and will be stick ons to qualify. Massive game.

Amazing isn't it?

I thought we were in the group to make up the numbers, players and staff proving me wrong big style.

Me too. Already waiting on the press giving it the "weak group" narrative however on paper it looked a very exciting and open group which is always the most difficult.

7 took us through in the CL didnt it? What we reckon for this group, 8 points sends us through?

Hopefully but not definite, if we beat Spartak then we would only need 1 from the remaining 3 games, but you'd be counting on the 3rd placed team to drop points to make it safe.

If we can win both our remaining home games, that give us 10 which will see us safely through.

Yeah but 8 also put us out in 00/01 season.

Could be one of those groups were 3 are close and the bottom team (looks like Spartak) will be the whipping boys.

In that case 8 may not be enough. If we win our home games then we’ll have 10 and that would do the job just nicely.

Not sure if we’ve ever taken 10 from a single group before?

A big game for us on Thursday. Win and we can start thinking of progression. If we win, either a Vienna win or a draw would do.
I definitely want a win for us and for Rapid. Makes it damn tricky for Villarreal then and I’m confident we could do Rapid over there.

Villareal to win. We know that they are the class team in the group, and will beat Spartak at home. That means that as long as we win on Thursday, a draw in the final game in Vienna will be enough to put us through.

Spartak is going to be a very tough match.

I agree.

I actually think they will be tougher than Rapid who were very good at Ibrox. It was just that we were slightly better.

It’ll need another superb effort to win on Thursday.

It would suit us if both RV v V matches were draws and we were to win our home match v Spartak.

I want Villarreal to win both games. As mentioned previously, Villarreal are the best team in the group and will be up there at the end. Hopefully they win all their remaining games except the game at Ibrox.

I'm a bit of a pessimist but I think the results will go something like this:

Rangers 1 - 1 Spartak
Villarreal 2-0 Rapid Vienna

Spartak 2 - 0 Rangers
Rapid Vienna 0-1 Villarreal

Rangers 1 - 2 Villarreal
Spartak 2 - 1 Rapid Vienna

Rapid Vienna 0 - 1 Rangers
Villarreal 1 - 1 Spartak

A win on Thursday pretty much blows these predictions out the water as we will be strong favourites to progress and Spartak will have a mountain to climb.

The top 2 go through

We win and are on 7 points
Villarreal lose and are on 2 points

5 points clear of Villarreal with 3 games remaining is a good position to be in

I think if we dont lose on Thursday we will have more than a decent chance to move forward in the group?

I definitely want a win for us and for Rapid. Makes it damn tricky for Villarreal then and I’m confident we could do Rapid over there.
If we win on Thursday and Villareal win.. Does it not mean if we lose remaining 3 games and Rapid and Villa win two games and draw then we go out?

As long as we win two more games we will be ok.

It's better for Villareal to win. They're going to qualify anyway. If they win and we do, we only need to avoid defeat against Rapid away and we'll probably have qualified. We might not even have to do that.

If Villareal beat Rapid both games and we win our next game, they'd need to beat Spartak away and need us to lose all three of our remaining games to go through, I believe.

A draw would be good so long as we win. Cannot wait for it, that last 10 minutes in the previous game was the best I've heard Ibrox for years.

I want Villarreal to win both games. As mentioned previously, Villarreal are the best team in the group and will be up there at the end. Hopefully they win all their remaining games except the game at Ibrox.

Rangers 1 - 1 Spartak

Spartak 2 - 0 Rangers

Rangers 1 - 2 Villarreal

Villarreal 1 - 1 Spartak

A win on Thursday pretty much blows these predictions out the water as we will be strong favourites to progress and Spartak will have a mountain to climb.

Those results have Spartak finishing 2nd in the group, us who are top finishing 3rd and RV who are currently second finishing bottom! No way do Spartak go unbeaten from here!

Those results have Spartak finishing 2nd in the group, us who are top finishing 3rd and RV who are currently second finishing bottom! No way do Spartak go unbeaten from here!

You’re right mate. I though rapid we’re extremely poor and by far the worst team in the group, in fact I can’t believe they beat spartak in the first game. Think Thursday will be very tough and some people might be under estimating them.

It's really a match we should be winning after all we've achieved so far.
The other match has a Villareal win all over it.

Still a lot of football to play including 2 very tough away ties. 6 points from 4 games remaining should see us through.
If we manage that it’ll be utterly remarkable. Anyone know how much money you get if we were to go through?

all things considered.

Probably a draw. Why not believe we can top the group. In some instances you'd say you want the group favourite to beat everybody except us, but it's quite an open group I'd say, so draws all around for me. While we keep winning of course

Rangers 1 - 1 Spartak

Spartak 2 - 0 Rangers

Rangers 1 - 2 Villarreal

Villarreal 1 - 1 Spartak

Plenty on here think we are off to Baku........or should I sat "The Baku "

Back