What result takes us through next week ?

Stan the Man

obviously not talking about a win for us or even a draw, but if we lose 1-0 or 2-1 3-2 etc what result do we require as a minimum to qualify

Any win or draw obviously.

Any loss where we don't score and we go out. A 2-1 loss also sees us go out, as does any loss where we lose by more than 1 goal.

Besides the above scenario, if we only lose by 1 goal, we go to extra time with a 3-2 loss or go through on away goals with any other loss as we'll have scored 3 or more.

Reactions: o7o
If we are going to lose we must score at least 2 goals to have any chance of qualifying.

At least we have a chance a score draw is not impossible.

Lovely football going forward , Defence not great if we play the right way can see us scoring at least 1 over there
Over to you Shagger
Would not be surprised if we went through

Will be very open and would fancy a scoring draw but I'll get more negative the nearer we get to the game

I think it'll be 2-2 and I'll take that right now.

100% believe scoring 2 goals would be enough to see us through.

Under Gerrard away from home our record is played 14, 3 wins, 8 draws, 3 losses.

Shkupi 0-0
Osijek 1-0 win
Maribor 0-0
Ufa 1-1
Rapid Vienna 1-0 loss
Spartak Moscow 4-3 loss
Villareal 2-2
St Joseph's 4-0 win
Progres Niederkorn 0-0
Midtyjlland 4-2 win
Legia Warsaw 0-0
Porto 1-1
Young Boys 2-1 loss
Feynoord 2-2

We've only ever conceded more than 2 goals once, and it's a result that if the same would see us through, so I still believe 2 goals will be enough.

If we are up for this return tie and show no fear, we can score goals over there. I reckon we'll need 2 goals at least, which is not impossible.

No disrepected but surely everyone who follows football knows the away goal rule ??

Was just thinking the same .

This always comes up and you think , how hard can it be ?

If you like football and have watched it for any length of time and aren’t a total thicko , it shouldn’t need to be asked ffs .

Incredible .

This has got me thinking...

If we win our next league game, how many points will we get and if we lose, will we still get any points?

Genuine question, I’m fucking clueless on the basics of the game :))

Back