What result takes us through next week ?

Anyone with a grasp of primary school level mathematics and a knowledge of the away goals rule in european football would know the answer to this question ffs.

I apologise in advance to the OP if he doesn't have both of the requirements outlined above.

Is this serious? Haha. After the group stage qualification permutations this should be primary 1 stuff

1-1 or 2-2 ,we are never keeping a clean sheet but they will leave us plenty of chances to hit on the break

obviously not talking about a win for us or even a draw, but if we lose 1-0 or 2-1 3-2 etc what result do we require as a minimum to qualify
DW4R6a9.gif

We beat them once. No reason why we can't do so again. I actually think playing on a decent surface in milder weather may suit us. Kamberi to open his account.

Braga 1 - Rangers 2

Well established here that I know hee haw about football - but even I know. Got to be a kid on unless the OP is the girl BT interviewer talking to SG

Have a horrible feeling we will be drawing going into the last 10 mins then we try to park the bus and will lose a late goal. Our best chance next week is by going for it

Any Draw.
Any win Rangers.
3 - 2 to Braga..... E.T.
Any result above 3 - 2, Rangers can afford a -1 goal deficit and go through.
e,g.... 4- 3...... 5 - 4.... 6 - 5 etc.

It's the 'counts double' that confuses some people. They don't count double they just have more value in the event of a tie. Basically if the aggregate is a draw the team with the most goals scored away from home wins the tie. I apologise for stating the obvious, but it looked like it needed saying!

My thoughts too. How can you not know?!?!
Maybe I should apply for a job with the SFA ?I saw someone say in a post that away goals didnt count double and that was enough to put a little bit of doubt n my mind with all the rule changes ongoing this season didn't help,that's my excuse anyway.

If we lose scoring less than 2 away goals we're out..

If we lost 4-3 we'd be through.

I think.

Just like in 1971, when we beat Sporting Lisbon 3-2 at Ibrox and lost 3-4 in Portugal, these results took us through to the quarter finals and ... the rest is history :)

ps the ref in Portugal wasn’t exactly clued up either on the then new away goals rule ;)

I’ll take a walteresque bus parked/anti football 0-0 performance thanks. Not sure we have the personnel to achieve it tho :(

Maybe I should apply for a job with the SFA ?I saw someone say in a post that away goals didnt count double and that was enough to put a little bit of doubt n my mind with all the rule changes ongoing this season didn't help,that's my excuse anyway.
Maybe you should have went to a non-denominational school.

Back