What signings do you want?

For the starting XI:

GK
CH
CM
RW
ST
LW

Dowell has been signed, but I’m not 100% sure he’s been signed with the view of being a starter every week given his previous record.

As things stand right now…..

New GK, preferably 1st pick

Unless someone leaves we’re probably covered at full back.

One centre half to replace Helander.

Additional starting centre mid

That elusive right winger would be nice and a striker (along with CH & GK this is the priority).

So 5 (including Dowell) in to replace the seven out (including Sands and Tillman). I’d happily see Tillman back, and should any or all of, Borna, Davies, Matondo, Wright, Kamara, Lundstram, Colak, Sakala or Hagi be moved on they will need replacing.

Van veen for a 3rd choice would be fine. He's actually hit the post 2x against us that I can remember so a few inches closer to goal and he'd be top scorer. I'd take shankland as 3rd choice but not for the money hearts would want. And Nisbet? No chance, he's injury prone and a Tim. Keep him well away
It’d be an incredibly unprofessional player who’d want to come to Rangers to be third choice anything.
Such a player is out there, of course, but I don’t think he plays in this country.

Goalie
Left-sided CB
Left-back to compete with Ridvan (sell Borna)
2 strikers
2 wingers
Tillman

Also want to see at least 2 of the likes of Devine, Rice, Lyall, Lowry etc become regulars on the bench and get plenty of game time.
Like the way you’ve put it.

For me, as it stands at the minute and even if we sell nobody else, I want two centre forwards.
Two players that would eat up our budget.

Davie Weir was signed by Walter Smith when he was 37 years old and was a success. Johnny Evans is 35 years old, a well experienced English premiership and international player. He could do a job for us even as a back up CB due to the injuries our CB's seem to endure.

Check his injury history for the past 3 seasons.

It would be interesting to see what signings we all want.

For me, we need another #1, I've been impressed with McCrorie but after thinking McGloughlin would suffice last season, I'd rather we got another #1.

We need a CB, and if we sell Davies I'd say 2 although we want 1 top class defender, and then maybe a youngster. I like Souttar alot but the injury problems mean we can't rely on him as a starter all season.

We need another CM atleast. Probably 2 if Kamara leaves although I don't think it's a priority position.

I'd say we need 2 wingers. 1 top class 1 and maybe a younger prospect. I like Sakala and would keep him. He's effective. Matondo is utter dung. But the main winger we sign needs to chip in on goals.

And I'd say we need a top class striker and a number 3 striker as Colak should stay. I'd like us to play 2 up front but I've wanted that for years and it isn't happening. I know I'll get slaughtered for this but I'd take van veen as a 3rd choice.

What do you guys think?

Hunners a signings & nae shite wans

Davie Weir was signed by Walter Smith when he was 37 years old and was a success. Johnny Evans is 35 years old, a well experienced English premiership and international player. He could do a job for us even as a back up CB due to the injuries our CB's seem to endure.

Johnny Evans won’t be able to provide injury cover to our centre backs because most probably he’ll be injured himself.

What we still need, IMO, are:
  • a first choice keeper
  • a left sided centre half
  • a central midfielder
  • wide right and left attackers
  • a striker.
Uppermost I want the wide attackers to be grabbing 10+ goals a piece and a striker who’ll get 20 or more.

We absolutely need to shore up our defence, but perhaps more urgently when you look at the Yahoos’ superior goals for column, we need a forward line that strikes genuine fear in the opposition with pace, strength, movement and most importantly hits the back of the net with greater regularity.

King isn’t ready to be 4th choice. Needs a loan. An injury to Souttar and we are in trouble. And Goldson isn’t playing every game anymore either. Need another Balogun type signing to come in and do us a turn.
would king not need to stay ? for the european squad numbers ?

It’d be an incredibly unprofessional player who’d want to come to Rangers to be third choice anything.
Such a player is out there, of course, but I don’t think he plays in this country.
i dont think we need a 3rd choice striker. we have a number of players that can already play up front if we need to. if the likes of tillman comes back would the 3rd choice be any better than him. Probably not.

Van veen for a 3rd choice would be fine. He's actually hit the post 2x against us that I can remember so a few inches closer to goal and he'd be top scorer. I'd take shankland as 3rd choice but not for the money hearts would want. And Nisbet? No chance, he's injury prone and a Tim. Keep him well away
An older player who plays better when he's playing consistently as he needs to be kept active to keep up his sharpness, for 3rd choice? Makes complete and utter sense.

I hope we are keeping tabs on 20 year old Nigerian Gift Orban currently at Gent in Belgium, something like 15 league goals this season for a team finishing in 5th place, and with him being only 20 plenty of room for improvement.

I hope we are keeping tabs on 20 year old Nigerian Gift Orban currently at Gent in Belgium, something like 15 league goals this season for a team finishing in 5th place, and with him being only 20 plenty of room for improvement.
I'm sure i read that Arsenal and some other Premier League clubs were looking at him.

New GK
McCrorie
McLaughlin

Tav
Devine
Goldson
Souttar
Davies
New CB
Yilmaz
New LB

Raskin
Jack
Lundstram
Cantwell
Tillman
Lowry
Dowell
Lawrence
New CM

Matondo
Sakala
New LW
New RW

Colak
New ST
New ST

That's the squad I'd be looking for, all the new signings to be first pick (perhaps excluding Yilmaz).

That means we'd have the following departing

McGregor
Helander
Barisic
Arfield
Davis
Hagi
Kamara
Kent
Wright
Morelos
Roofe
Agree with most of this, with exception to Hagi.

Im happy enough with who were rumored to be signing so far, defensively and gk. I'm more interested tho in our forward line! I'm hoping we're signing a lw, rw and 2 strikers

Undoubtedly going to be an expense so no problems at all with the freebies and low fees for the others.

I'd expect a large fee on the main striker. Maybe a low fee or freebie for the 2nd. The wingers I'd hope are pacey, direct and know how to aim when shooting at goal. B-D

The personality of the players we are going for will be a huge factor, hopefully, when we think of players coming in; talent is one thing, but this club has had successful players who needed much more than that in order to handle the pressure etc. Cantwell and Raskin have set the bar; both seem to have it to be a success here in terms of character.

If fit again and Leeds can't find a spot for him (Remains to be seen) I'd love Stuart Dallas at Rangers.

GK - Would be happy enough with Butland
RB - someone to challenge Tav; is that going to be Sterling?
LB - Daley Sinkgraven (Bayer Leverkusen) and Jay Dasilva (Bristol City, former Chelsea youth) are coming to the end of their contracts. Get rid of Borna
CB - FF favourite Jake Cooper of Millwall is available on a Bosman. I quite like the look of Jan Paul van Hecke at Brighton. If I'm being unrealistic, Yerry Mina or Caglar Soyuncu would be an upgrade on what we have.
MF - We seem to be pretty stacked in this area, if we could clone Cantwell and Raskin that would be ideal. I like the look of Mike Tresor (Genk) and Gus Hamer (Coventry) but no idea if within our budget anymore.
FW - Any of Josh Maja (Bordeaux), Vangelis Pavlidis (AZ), Hugo Cuypers (Gent), or Georges Mikautadze (Metz).

With Dowell already signed, and assuming Sterling is done as good competition / replacement for Tav…I’d want Tillman in, and a centre forward who can guarantee 25 goals. I’d also take Jonny Evans if available / doable.

I also think, though not ideal, there are a few players I’d take from teams in our league who I see as better options than what we have in terms of squad players in same position. Dylan Levitt & Leighton Clarkson being two. Not sure what Clarkson's current situation is at Liverpool now his loan deal is up. I’d also take Nisbet over some of the other names mentioned like Van Veen, Shankland, Ginnelly etc. if that is the market we’re looking at.

Surely we also need a couple of wide players who could realistically be starters from the off.

Last edited:
Back