What sort of domestic game are we heading towards?

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
St Mirren latest to slash budget and squad. If as assumed there are no fans until Jan 21 is it basically League of Wales, us holding on grimly, and scum only team with any actual disposable income?

A friend said at the weekend that he doubted any team other than us would take a point from the scum.

Thoughts?

Teams will slash budgets but the players need to play somewhere so will need to be more realistic about wages for a period of time. They can't just upsticks and play elsewhere.

Between 5 and 10 fulltime clubs. The lack of management from the Spfl ans SFA for the matter, has been shocking

The game will take years to recover. The 388k man will be the fall guy.

Think it will be us and them - I don't see us grimly holding on.

The rest will be down to the bare bones - that's why I can't see clubs voting for extended relegation in a couple of years.

St Mirren latest to slash budget and squad. If as assumed there are no fans until Jan 21 is it basically League of Wales, us holding on grimly, and scum only team with any actual disposable income?

A friend said at the weekend that he doubted any team other than us would take a point from the scum.

Thoughts?

What sort of squad could a team put together on Scottish tv money only ?

Teams will slash budgets but the players need to play somewhere so will need to be more realistic about wages for a period of time. They can't just upsticks and play elsewhere.

Yeah, maybe a lot of players who are being let go now will be rehired at some club or another, probably on a lower wage.

Thoughts?

Is your friend's rationale based on economics, or just because he knows Celtic have got the match officials and legislators in their pocket?

The general cost of players will decrease right across the board.

Players will need clubs, clubs will need players off their wage bill, even a loan with 50% of a wage covered for example could be helpful.

Contracts will be drawn up that start low with the wage increasing when things normalise.

I don't see it having a major impact really.

This disposal income is a bit of a myth for them. They’ve a massive wage bill predicted on CL. Income from season tickets will help as it does us, merchandise etc.. but the money comes from CL or its downsizing. Letting Simunovic go was telling of this. They had an option of another year, given they knocked back “£7m odd” from Italy in the summer they can’t take the year option and punt for even £1m!

The game is a bogey there’s no trust in the governing body , the TV deal is atrocious but none of that matters as the mentally challengeds got awarded the league and we are still going to play the Scottish Cup , leagues all over Europe are starting up , we are the only country in the UK that has called our league, like everything they get involved in the mentally challengeds running the game have effed it

We’d be as well playing the mentally challengeds 4 times to decide who wins the league, the standard wasn’t great before but with No Hearts and the likes of Killie and St Boo worse off with numerous players released that’s if they all make it to next season I fear for the future of Scottish football , the current lot in charge can’t be trusted to run a bath and I really do hope Hearts or Thistle take them to court as I don’t want the game to continue with the status quo , Rangers said as much also but that’s all went quiet

St Johnstone and livvy will be next to slash squads.

I see this panning out along the lines of teams not wanting to play us and the vermin at home until fans are allowed in and this will be accommodated and this is how bungcaster will change the 1st old firm game from being BCD at the shitpit

There is always a doomsday scenario, personally I think the majority of clubs will be ok, the quality is and always will be guff, however as one poster has touched on, there will be a multitude of players out of contract and looking for clubs, if the club’s box clever they will be fine.

Same as before I reckon , where every other club rely on us keeping them afloat in whatever shape or form they are in and then it's only us that can stop the beggars.

Clubs in Scotland have been weakening every year as has been shown by cltics need to only buy one or two new players each season to replace the ones that have left to give them money in the bank.

Hopefully our new business philosophy actually does prove to be better than it was a couple of seasons ago and we can seriously do that mob.

They need £6m a month to keep the lights on - Any buffer will diminish at a fair pace I would think.

We are nearer £3m a month.

Covid 19 might just turn out to be our leveller.
Let's see how many season tickets the mockits shift.
Hopefully we make some inroads there.

Will be heading towards part time football. It's been coming for years Corona has only quickened it. Standard has been shocking since 2012 onwards it was a gradual decline resulting in the joke we have today.

The SPFL leadership serving the interests of one club and being up to their necks in corruption should of been the wake up call. Sadly the league is so full of anti Rangers hatred it has chosen to destroy itself.

Bout time we've took the corrupt cabal to court. Hope we're not letting this go. Hope not.

It is going to get to circa 2000-2005 levels of turkey shoot between Rangers and Celtic. Everyone else’s squads will be cut to shreds and it’ll come down to Rangers v Celtic matches and how many points you somehow squander to the rest.

Football as part of the cultural fabric of the nation is fooked.

It is going to get to circa 2000-2005 levels of turkey shoot between Rangers and Celtic. Everyone else’s squads will be cut to shreds and it’ll come down to Rangers v Celtic matches and how many points you somehow squander to the rest.

Football as part of the cultural fabric of the nation is fooked.
I mean isn’t every season like that

Does the incessant quest for a pejorative angle and depressive slant on every single facet of Rangers, Scottish football and life in general ever get tiresome?

Genuine question, because I don’t think I can recall the last time you wrote something either aspirational or excitedly.

The next big ‘brainwave’ from the hopeless running the game here will be summer football in order to capitalise on the months where there’s no football for the rest of the UK to watch.

The thing is, the Irish have tried it and still no ones gives a monkeys. That’s where we are headed, League of Ireland level.

Thoughts?
Perfect for us, it’s the smaller teams we struggle against and with them weaker we should take care of them

Too many in the game are happy to accept mediocracy! I reckon we'll start seeing more 4/5 - 0 wins for Rangers as we are improving while most worsening.

Players will need clubs and clubs will still need players, the big diff will be the wages on offer. Players will be really struggling to find clubs if league 1 and 2 dont start up again.

Does the incessant quest for a pejorative angle and depressive slant on every single facet of Rangers, Scottish football and life in general ever get tiresome?

Genuine question, because I don’t think I can recall the last time you wrote something either aspirational or excitedly.

I think that's a bit harsh on @Earl of Leven as it's genuine questions and at times realistic ones he poses.

I'd rather that as it can be more thought provoking than the numerous boycott, Celtic are in financial peril and let's move to the EPL pie in the sky crap every other day.

In football terms no. It's a pale shadow of what it was, especially up here where it's dross. Absolute shite.

But lots of people on here are overtly optimistic so you'll be fine. A friend of mine actually bought shit loads from Elite recently and told me we'd win in court anyway, so why wait.

There's nothing aspirations about Scottish football.

In football terms no. It's a pale shadow of what it was, especially up here where it's dross. Absolute shite.

But lots of people on here are overtly optimistic so you'll be fine. A friend of mine actually bought shit loads from Elite recently and told me we'd win in court anyway, so why wait.

There's nothing aspirations about Scottish football.
Just out of passive nosiness, why bother then Earl?

We have to hope that the same happens down south to lower half of the premier league and the championship teams. A British setup might be considered then
If you know anything about the way that the rules of the game and the fifa set up a British league is almost impossible. Each of the home countries hold a lot of power and wouldn’t give it up. Not saying I don’t want it but it won’t happen unfortunately. Though the other fa’s in fifa would certainly not be against the idea, for example the sfa has more power than the German fa. As with most things it’s politics,

Just out of passive nosiness, why bother then Earl?
Habit. Aware of club pre school, kitted out by age 5, etc. Always believed in greatness, and remember 86 Skol Cup Final....it was a new dawn. Now? Can't see any return to greatness. We'll be Red Star v Partisan or the like. Also personal circumstances....I definitely care less. It's a hobby now.

A season of chronic pish awaits.
Then if we somehow scramble a title...
It will be like pulling the most beautiful girl in the world at a party, taking her home and then she lets you shag her wearing 6 johnnie's through a glory hole from the next room.

The game in Scotland is in trouble. I can still see the emergence of one league with part time clubs being mothballed. (Forced through if needed)
Still feel streaming games might be worth looking into and it may work for us, them, the sheep and the Edinburgh clubs but will the demand be there to make it worth the other clubs while.
From our perspective we’re probably entering one of the most important periods in our history, if we can emerge relatively unscathed and improve the squad while bridging the financial gaps who knows what will happen.

Habit. Aware of club pre school, kitted out by age 5, etc. Always believed in greatness, and remember 86 Skol Cup Final....it was a new dawn. Now? Can't see any return to greatness. We'll be Red Star v Partisan or the like. Also personal circumstances....I definitely care less. It's a hobby now.
Unfortunately I can’t see any point to Scottish football anymore. It has become the toy of the most corrupt, sinister club in the world and we will simply never be allowed to win another title again.
The only hope is that the game in this country dies a death and we somehow get into an English set up with whatever they have left after Covid.

Back