What sports are Scotland good at?

S

Scotland has a long history and tradition of top swimmers and middle/long distance athletes, not just "from time to time."

I don't see any deterioration in our sports, other than international football and possibly rugby.
Yes, the only two sports that the Scottish public actually cares about and we are fairly shyte at both.

There has to be a reason why we are falling behind other nations of similar size and more particularly why we are even falling behind the other British countries with the same size populations, give or take a million or so?

Yes, the only two sports that the Scottish public actually cares about and we are fairly shyte at both.

There has to be a reason why we are falling behind other nations of similar size and more particularly why we are even falling behind the other British countries with the same size populations, give or take a million or so?

I'd say even Rugby is a minority sport in Scotland.

Football is the only sport that attracts regular mainstream interest and on a national basis we are absolutely shite at it and the management and running of it is even worse.

All other sports we punch way above our weight.

Obviously we are brilliant at football, our superstars under their masterful tactician manager thrashed a European Pub team today 6 - 0.

We’ve had some top racing drivers over the years, including, Jim Clark, who some say is the greatest of all time.
Whilst the overall national team has been poor we’ve had some talented individuals in there.

I would class Scotland as pretty decent at both Football and Rugby, arguably punch above their weight at both on occasion.

They aren't the only country trying to be good at sports.

The reaction to for instance the defeat at the Rugby yesterday to a country with a population of 126 million and one of the richest countries in the world - it isn't a massive shock in all honesty.

That Scotland would be soundly beaten at football by a country like Russia - it isn't that big a shock

Last edited:
I would class Scotland as pretty decent at both Football and Rugby, arguably punch above their weight at both on occasion.

The reaction to for instance the defeat at the Rugby yesterday to a country with a population of 1266 million and one of the richest countries in the world - it isn't a massive shock in all honesty.

That Scotland would be soundly beaten at football by a country like Russia - it isn't that big a shock

Well that’s you convinced me to put China on for the World Cup :))

EGwdzurWoAAefqQ

Would give you the boak. Sycophantic harridan.

Only plus is it's just a rugby match and not a concentration camp

The reaction to for instance the defeat at the Rugby yesterday to a country with a population of 1266 million and one of the richest countries in the world - it isn't a massive shock in all honesty.

They must have a whore of a time fitting all those people on that wee island chain.

Colin McRae
David Wilkie
Allan Wells
David Bryant
Jocky Wilson
Gary Anderson
Les Wallace
Peter Wright
Stephen Hendry
Andy Murray
David Coulthard
All world champions
Graeme Dott and John Higgins have also been world snooker champions

it sometimes from afar appears to be a national pastime
This aww day we are a nation of torn faced wankers. I find it tends to be folk that do %^*& all with their life thats the worst. On all sorts of benefits and still moaning like %^*&. I find myself running out of patience with our mindset sometimes.

Back