What tactics will we use against the Yahoos?

I really hope we're not pinning our hopes on Roofe. I'm assuming nobody has actually been watching his performances this season?

Defend from the front don’t let these cunts take breathe from the first second get the early goal but don’t sit back let the scum fans get on to them let them start to rush the game then bury the scum

As per title. Tougher away games have seen us sit back and absorb pressure whilst trying to play in transition.

Is this how we will set up against the Yahoos and is it the right way to go about things?
Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack Kent Fashion or Ceddy and Wright will destroy their defence.

Hopefully not as passive as the other night but it seems to be his style so I can't see him changing it. Maybe it will be better with better players back in the squad. It might suit Sakala upfront with his speed more than Morelos.

If he does get called up and goes then I’d be very frustrated and would have some words with him. Wasn’t it away to Jamaica he got the injury anyway?
Have some words with a player for representing their country? That’s not an image the club will want to give or we’ll struggle to attract players at all in future.

As per title. Tougher away games have seen us sit back and absorb pressure whilst trying to play in transition.

Is this how we will set up against the Yahoos and is it the right way to go about things?
Has to be different from the Sheep game and need to two up top and attack them, I worry if we sit back and counter there I really do.

Assuming the manager keeps the same formation and general tactics we are getting used to, he needs far better players available to make it work.

The midfield had no control on Tuesday and very little presence. Swap Sands for Jack/Davis and Hagi for Arfield it would work much better. That is going to be needed at Parkhead. It makes it much more open in there and that’s when personality and quickness of thought will be needed.

My preference would be to be high energy, compact and attacking, like the best of our performances under Gerrard. That has proven to knock the filth off their stride. I don’t want them to think they can dominate possession.

However, I think there’s a desire for width and counter attacking under GVB which cedes possession and brings a greater risk (imo). If that is a concern against Aberdeen or Hearts, it is even more so at the piggery.

However, over 10 games you have to say it has been successful and should mean we get done less round the flanks, which was the Achilles heel for Gerard’s formation. But it also reduces the effectiveness of Tav in an attacking sense, who is a better creator than Hagi, Wright or most of our attackers.

Really hard question and I think depends on who we can field.

I think tried and trusted wins the day so really hoping we can line up with a midfield 3 of Kamara, Davis and Arfield (or a fit Ryan Jack but accept that looks unlikely). These 3 know what it takes and would help keep the middle of the park compact and be able to deal with their high pressing / kamikaze approach, forcing them out wide (which is not their strength).

And in the absence of Alfie, I'd favour a front 3 of Kent, Roofe and Sakala. Fashion could actually be a key player for us in this tie. Quick, direct and unpredictable. He could give their defence a torrid time if he's on it, and hopefully Kent can do similar on the opposite flank with Roofe showing the clever movement centrally which is his strongest quality.

It's not a game to shoehorn in Hagi imo. No good to us out wide and not enough dig for the midfield 3. Same with Wright tbh, not showing enough consistent quality to rely on him for this trickiest of all of our domestic ties.

Patience will be needed and I do think we'll have to weather a bit of an early storm but defend well, protect the zero and there will be guaranteed chances for us if we can pick the right moments to get at their shaky defence. And set pieces remain their big achilles heel so aim to test them in the air with every single fk and corner we get.

We nullify their threats and play hard counter attacks. Out of possession our wide players have to come centrally as they play their full backs in an inside forward position. Congest the pitch, force them wide where they don't want to be. Then hit them on the break and stretch them with intelligent movement.

Without Arfield or Aribo in midfield we will probably not create that many chances as we will have to play with 2 or 3 defensive midfielders which nullifies our offensive play.

10 men behind the ball and keep your hands down, don’t speak to the ref, wear a pic of broony and don’t ffs have a shot. Might get a draw

Would be delighted with a front 4 of Sakala, Kent, Wright in behind Itten. 3 extremely quick players for the counter and Kent proved last season he’s more than capable playing the #10 role behind the striker.
I kept a close eye on Wright on Tuesday and for someone who doesn’t start often, I can’t believe how lazy he is defensively. Jogging alongside his player and not tracking runners constantly. If they play Taylor (which I doubt, I think it’ll be Ralston rb and JJ lb) you would really fancy Wright to win that battle if he puts in the shift defensively.
The first half of the second half on Tuesday we were totally comfortable because we pressed much better, it was only after the sub we dropped far too deep and let them take over the game. Cannot allow that to happen on the 2nd or I think we will lose. They throw absolutely everything forward in the first half and usually tire towards the latter part of the game so our speed up top will be vital.

Our defence is strong and we have a lot of speed so the best option would be try to let them have the ball and hit them hard and fast when they waste it. As they surely will.

Them at home, you know theyll have plenty attacks and we're going to be a under the cosh slightly but given our lack of XIers going into a straight up fight seems unwise and theres too much at stake on this 1 game.

Youd also be tempted to think their fitness levels tend to fade in later stages so as long as we keep it tight and dont do anything stupid, the speed of our players could be quite potent come the second half. They have cumbersome defenders so if nothing else we could draw some crucial fouls.

Agreed, but let’s hope he isn’t selected by Jamaica.

We should play counter attacking tactics against the scum. Sakala and Kent up top with either Roofe or Itten down the middle. Long balls down the channels and over the top to Kent and Sakala. Let them come at us and defend resolutely.

Also, play for set pieces. We have height in abundance across the team. They don’t.
If he’s fit he will be.

Two banks of 5, with shagger in full time-wasting mode from the 1st minute. A point is fine. It will eat them from the inside if they still can't beat us.

Maybe save threads like this until they are our next fixture and we know who is available.

In an ideal world I'd say

Mcgregor
Borna
Goldson
Helander
Tav
Kamara
Jack
Arfield
Kents
Sakala
Roofe

That's taking into account getting guys back from injury and plsyers like aribo and morelos on international duty

Looks like Roofe is back for tomorrow from his instagram post just there. Massive for us if he’s fit for that game.

When fit he nails down that RW/RF position but unfortunately he’s not available every game
He’s doesn’t we play with wingers and he isn’t a winger.

That passive, tepid style & trying to hit on the break will not do against the scum otherwise we’re encouraging wave after wave of attack.

We must be more proactive & on the front foot. We’ve seen the damage we’ve done to them when we play that way.

Every away game so far against decent quality sides we have sat back.

I’ll take a wild guess and say we’ll do the same.

Play sakala directly against starfelt and ping balls over the top to him

The guy is fucking diddy wish it was morelos as he would bully the life out of him

Would be tempted to go with

Kent sakala wright as the front three

Arfield kamara sands

Go for the bastards! In their throat from the get go. Now doubt it will be score first then soak up the pressure and try and hit them on the break.

They will come flying out the traps and try to get a couple of early goals so it makes sense to keep it tight and play our way into the game.

Set pieces will be crucial for us. We need Borna and Tav to be on point with deliveries and we'll get a chance or two to score from them as they are so weak at defending them.

Wright Roofe Sakala

Kent Arfield
Kamara

Borna Bassey Goldson Tav

*Wright and Sakala super wide
*Kent with almost free role in behind thier midfield available for ball into feet and long ball from Goldson (Aribo role)
*Roofe dropping in to help midfield when out of possession but wingers staying high and wide
*Tav slightly inverted to bolster midfield
*Counter attacks

Wouldn't mind seeing a midfield of Davis & Kamara with Arfield taking Aribos place.

Hopefully get Davis some minutes in the next couple of games.

That passive, tepid style & trying to hit on the break will not do against the scum otherwise we’re encouraging wave after wave of attack.

We must be more proactive & on the front foot. We’ve seen the damage we’ve done to them when we play that way.
Exactly we cant afford to play the game in our half, it will be another bent ref(this ones worse than Clancy) sitting back isnt an option they will win soft free kicks around the box and will look to dive for penalties. We will pick up cards very quickly if we are defending and commit fouls.

Not easy but have to pick a side that can get on the ball and have plenty of the play. 2 strikers might be an option i wonder if Itten may get his chance next couple of games.

Also the idea of picking of Roofe i mean we might be low on numbers but we need someone with movement and speed in that position, i dont see him playing at the piggery.

We couldn't even sit in at Pittodrie, and counter effectively. Try that at the Piggery and the game will be over by half-time. We must go toe to toe with that mob.

Referencing the game during the week is probably not a good idea, it was a bad game and bad performance.

Soaking up attacks has its benefits provided we can retain possession and the transition is quick and effective.

They will come out the blocks very quickly, our players will need to be ready and up for it

We will sit off them and they will be all over us. We simply don’t have the players to play through a high press so it will be a difficult 90 mins.
We get right into them as if they don’t blow teams away by half time they cant last the pace and we do have the players if fit I know aribo is a big miss but come on your believing the scum hype

Wright Roofe Sakala

Kent Arfield
Kamara

Borna Bassey Goldson Tav

*Wright and Sakala super wide
*Kent with almost free role in behind thier midfield available for ball into feet and long ball from Goldson (Aribo role)
*Roofe dropping in to help midfield when out of possession but wingers staying high and wide
*Tav slightly inverted to bolster midfield
*Counter attacks
All for most of that only dubious about trying the counter attack approach never been a fan of it as you can end up dropping deeper and deeper and to many sideways and backwards passes

Back